WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
eh4pftovprvr.jpg

:) I have been using this thread and the tools on MFP for years to help me with my journey to health and fitness. I've lost weight, kept it off, and made supportive friends who have made the journey easier.

:) I invite you to join us and change your life.

:) Some of us make goals and resolutions for the month and others take life one day at a time. Whatever your approach, you'll find support and encouragement here.

:) Please sign your post with a name of nickname and a location, specific or general, so we can better get acquainted with each other.

:) Don't forget to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My word for 2021 is "lighten up". It refers both to my weight and to my approach to life.

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Thank you Barbie!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Thank you Barbie!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Thanks again Barbie our fearless leader!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌛😴🌜
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    thanks Barbie!
    Welcome to March
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Julie – ((HUG))

katla – Trust me, I’ve tried arranging a zoom meeting (facetime). Never got an answer as to when a good time was. There’s just so much I can do. We didn’t have to wait in line for our jabs. Regarding calories I cookies: you may not be a God, but if you do put those cookies on top of the refrigerator, those nasty calories get scared and jump out….lol. So glad to hear that you got scheduled for your jabs.

Barbara – lovely flowers. You are one lucky gal

There was going to be a launch tonight so we just went to Firehouse Subs to get something to eat. Had a turkey sub. Unfortunately, with 29 seconds to go, they scrubbed the mission. Hopefully, it’ll go up again before we leave.

Kim CA – congrats on fixing that garage door opener yourself

The guys went to Waffle House and I went in the pool. That I don’t mind at all. I’m not at all crazy about WH. Vince was saying that on each of the tables is this QR that you scan with your phone and up pops the menu. I thought this was a neat idea. He said they do have some menus if you request them. He did notice that some people asked for physical menus and when they were done the guy just put them back in the pile.

Michele now in FL who needs to get ready for exercise tomorrow
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited March 2021
    Thanks Barbie.💖.
    I am always happy to reset, with this group. I have been busy with my letter writing these days. I seem to have added 10 more, so my letters received weekly is about 6. It keeps my life in check, putting my priorities in order. Plus its kind of like writing in a gratitude journal, but then you stick it in an envelope and put a stamp on it. So its a way to cope. I joined a 100 fast challenge group and have 3 days under my belt and 2 lbs lost as well. I will take them! Today's feast was a turkey, cheese, and tomato sandwich, some leftover coleslaw, and a couple pieces of teriyaki chicken. I didn't eat the skin, and it was more picking out the chicken than getting big pieces.
    I have put my large coffee maker away and am doing just instant coffee. I have found with the pot of coffee I was drinking more, and along with each cup was 3 tsp of sugar. So the instant isn't as strong, plus I use some creamer with coconut cream, and almond milk. It has no sugar. So that's been good.

Thanks again Barbie!
    💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
    irfcg1eckshn.jpg
    Though this pic kinda makes my teeth hurt, its cute and an easy thing to do with grandkids!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    Barbie thanks for starting us off.

Heather that's great that the uk is leading in vaccinations. we have no perspective in vaccinations, maybe for all of 2021, according to what i read. It's true it's better we understand so many mental health conditions better than in the past.

Ginny, I hope you feel better soon. What essential oils will you use? Eucalyptus?

Julie, France
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    March goals (identical list also posted on last day of February)

1.WORK AND REVENUE
    A. writing obligations
    -7h per day on this, weekdays
    - excellent relation with director
    -write 75 pages
    -good prep for presentation and Q & A
    - review plan and send plan to director by mail and by post
    -get feedback from peer or higher up 1st week in march.
    - going to office 1x a week
    -Improve online visibility a) update website b) put online file on webiste of V., S.1. and S.2
    -1 application accepted (for project event, etc)
    -read at least 10 references recommended by S.
    - double check writing of training contracts
    Remaining from February
    -look into organizing exhibit in usa for teachers in my school (sadly that is often what is done to get in good standing at our school)
    -Look at "in-house" ads I dowloaded and sort which ones are conceivable in view of my profile -Do rough application (CV and other docs) for those my ap is possible for
    -check deadlines for those jobs (in a couple of months I think)

B.Follow up usual teaching work
    Remaining from February
    -Write class description
    -contact P 1 more time about partnership, then write recap regardless .
    -School B
    Remaining from February
    Prepare next legal answer (many pages)
    15 min 2-3 times a week working on file (very complex and long)

2. COMMUNITY & PEEPS
    - keep going out for walks for coffee
    -go to office or library 1x a week

3.HEALTH
    A.FOOD
    -aim for 24 BMI by end of month need to weigh self tomorrow morning..
    -TRACK EATING & CALORIES Current MFP proposal. 1220 cal net per day. Enter activity, not consume it all.
    Aim for 0-2x a week max foods with sugar cane.
    Aim for 5 different types of veggie per day (soup?!)

B.ACTIVITY :
    -30 min/day walk 6x a week, any pace
    -at least 15 min 2x a week on recumbent, at 115 HR minimum
    -at least 2x 10 min upper body stuff (weights, stretches, twists, etc.), during cycling or not.
    -15-60 min/day pottering at home.

C.TEETH
    -Find good dentist, schedule dental work
    - contact ortho

D.ENDOCRINOLOGIST APPOINTMENT
    pay
    get blood test not yet!

E. THERAPIST
    - continue

4.FINANCES

- Keep budget, and register expenditures MIMO (money in, money out)
    - 15 min per day on financial stuff
    - Deal with fines
    - Deal with taxes
    - 1 tax form done
    - all bills paid on time
    - reduced housing application 1 step

5.SPIRITUAL GOALS
    -Meditate at least 15 min per day 5 days a week
    - Aim to be off screen at least from midnight to 4 am (preferably more)

6. HOME GOALS
    -Tidy 15 min per day in 1 area per week
    call expert and make appointment about painting bathroom
    -Get earth and 1 plant for balcony
    - get one nice cozy thing for home
    - call L.

7.OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL
    - three 2h sessions with helper

8.WORKERS RIGHTS
    -follow up letters with 0
    - work on letter to ddd

Slept very little, good start : walk, cleaning, breakfast tracked, now to writing it's just after 9 am.

Julie, France
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: livestream church, dogs to powerline twice.
    Bonus: mins picking up sticks, 30 mins vacuuming and cleaning Joe’s bathroom, 10 mins Leslie Sansome.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Freddie’s?, call C, call S, start taxes, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Mindful March:
    1: Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness=breathe in calm, breathe out smile.

Thank you Barbie, always enjoy reading your new month welcome message.
    Heather :love: the pic but women swimming? Brr!
    Kim, been thinking of you and your hurting heart. Brava on the garage door.
    Ginny what IS it with those dried clothes that refuse to fold themselves? SMH. :laugh:
    Rori :brokenheart:
    Tracey how old is your tech genius granddaughter? :love: the pics.
    Machka thanks for checking in.
    Michele sorry the launch got scrubbed.
    Rebecca those purple, Twinkie racing bunnies are cute and DO make my teeth hurt ;) Sending them to Athena?

I’m thinking that even when we are both vaccinated, I’ll continue to minimize indoor group activities. Makes me sad, but if we got sick it would make me even sadder.

Planning to indulgent today, will start March re-set tomorrow.

February Summary and March Plan
    Everything needs improvement. :P

Did change morning weigh-in to wii quick test daily full test weekly so could do some balance/cardio games. Seemed to impove my mood. Feb results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 90%/94%, steps=average: [color=red4814[/color] vs 5592 step days:36%/61%, vits= 97%/94% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 82%/90% CI<250<CO= 64%74% Tumble 5/10= 71%/87% Shadow 5/10= 71%/90% mfp=100%/100% AF= 54%/58% outside= 64%/90%, up hill=61%/81% cleaning 41%/355%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3= 0% /22%, dance=0%/22% walk with T or Joe and the dogs instead of pack walk x2=50%/67%, rx=80%/100% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant= 31
    Feb 28 142.4 Jan 31: 141.3 Jan 1: 145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3 down 1 lb since Jan 1 last year. Although up from Jan, still in a lower 141-143 range than last year, and no “Covid 19#”.
    Waist:42.5 unchanged from Jan 1.

March resolve- improve February’s most important: Joe, steps, dogs, strength, dancing. Alternate 12-15 mins T’ai Chi and BB&B with wii balance games.
    Daily: sit next to Joe for at least a little while, weigh, more steps than Jan average, vits, log, CI<CO, CI <250 CO, 5 mins training or grooming Tumble or Shadow, check in mfp, get outside, walk up hill.
    Weekly cleaning 2x half hour, BB&B, TC or SWSY x 3, dance x 2, rX and review 21 plan.
    Monthly: board and council meetings, grant progress.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 27, weigh/wii: 28/12/36; steps>5627 6091 vits=27, log=28, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=20 Shadow=20 mfp=28 outside=18 up hill=17
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=4 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=4, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28 142.4
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play=22 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    BARBIE thanks for our March thread
    HEATHER lovely meeting on the beach. My 2 grands are 20 and 18 and haven’t seen them for over a year. They are both on Autistic spectrum so don’t communicate very well on phone or computer, they are much better face to face, at least with me, not sure about with their friends.

Haven’t been logging or weighing myself or exercising regularly but got on scales this morning and I’m 3 lbs down since 1 Feb. Don’t know how but will take it.

We have been watching a Russian series on NF called Silver Spoon, about a rich spoiled bloke forced to become a policeman by his father. It’s quirky but touching at times and has a background story. We are part way through Season 2, I believe they have made a third but that’s not on NF. The lead is quite cute too 😀

Stay safe
    Kate UK ❤️
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    f2iftcgfy1d3.jpg
    Car cover number 2