WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Replies

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Barbara... Happy Birthday and sounds like it was a nice day. Thanks for the thoughts on ways my DH could warm up. We tried several things but the chills seem more internal than not. So the warm wraps and electric blanket bring very fleeting comfort.

Vicki... Happy Birthday to you.

Viv.... Yes, I have gotten some odd friend requests. I just decline them.

Betsy in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    Stat for the day-

Other- 3hrs 56min 49sec, moving, working on home = 1080c, probably a lot more cal burned
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    11. You have time to play on your phone! Lol!

What does a person do on their phone?

I skim here and FB when I'm on the bus, but that's it. There's nothing else on my phone of any interest.

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did a DVD called “extreme cardio” but it was really more weights. I’m going to try doing another extreme cardio DVD tomorrow

After exercise came home because I forgot my phone then went to Aldi then WM since Vince needed ice cream. Realized that today is tuesday and not Wednesday like I was thinking for some reason. Made the dough for sourdough bread that I’ll take to a friend’s house Thursday when I go there. Got dinner ready then went back to walMart with Vince and then Lowes Hardware. Anything to get out of the house! Will probably work on the x-stitch a bit before we have dinner. Update: never did get to the x-stitch

The Hobby Lobby said they don’t take the 40% off coupon,but I’m thinking that that may just be the HL here since they’re really the only craft store in town.

Got 2 loads of laundry in today

Tracey – I guess I’ve seen a few launches. It was something when SpaceX went up the first time and those boosters came down together. We were able to see everything (except when they touched ground). ‘what never ceases to amaze me, even tho I know that it’s coming, is how long it take for the sonic boom. Vince just read that the launch has now been postponed until thursday due to weather.

You know something, in a way I’ll be sad to go back to the way things were (if that’ll ever happen). I’m enjoying playing mahjongg online and even seeing some of the Green rooms’ performances online. But I do miss ceramics. Great that they opened yesterday

Viv UK – you’re not the only one getting these friend requests. My “decline” button is sure getting a workout

Looking forward (probably) to Easter in church. First I’ll go to some masses to just see how things are.

katla – happy early anniversary

Rebecca – your husband doesn’t qualify for getting his shot early! Amazing!!

Vicki – happy birthday

Okie – so glad you at least temporarily got the water. I just can’t imagine having to haul it

pip – your home is looking really fantastic. I especially like that (I don’t know what it is) thing that’s hanging on the door (?) in the last picture.

Michele now in FL
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: 12 mins T’ai Chi outside on deck, dogs to powerline, call C.
    Bonus: 66 mins picking up sticks/transplanting sprouted naked lady bulbs, beach stroll with Joe and the dogs
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Freddie’s?, call S, start taxes, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, email Pres for agenda, then meeting notice to paper, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Mindful March:
    2: Notice 5 things that are beautiful in the world outside: 1=moon/=stars 2=white and purple crocus, little lavender flower, 3=bee near white crocus, 4=towering trees esp the redwoods and the one white fir, 5=blue sea and sky. Bonus: red topped mushrooms.

Debbie Easter in church? What a lovely hope!
    [

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 1, weigh: 1; steps>5627 6447 vits=1, log=1, CI<CO=0, CI<250<CO=0, Tumble=2 Shadow=2 mfp=1 outside=2 up hill=2
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=1 or SWSY or wii x5= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=1, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF= play= sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Our church has been having inside services since the end of summer. We went a few times but stopped because we didn't feel comfortable going when only a very few people wearing masks and not social distancing like they are supposed to- there are notes saying to not sit in every other pew but they sit there anyways. Watching this past week, during the offering they have the plates on the table up front. I saw only three people with masks on, like it has been each Sunday.
    After getting both shots and continuing to wear my mask, I will start going back.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Happy birthday Vicki and Barbara- Hope you had a wonderful day

Debbie
    (also a March baby- next week)
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    Power was out all day- from the time I got up until just about the time for my daycare girl to go home- house was cold, couldn't cook anything(not even a cup of hot tea) and no TV for her which was hard on her. We played outside where it was warmer, fed the birds took the markers and coloring pages out side and colored a while-then I weeded the yard to warm up.
    My friend surprised me and messaged me asking if I wanted to walk- she had an appointment that made her too late to go to her class at the gym so we walked at the park- Was a great walk- 90min and I could have gone longer but she was ready to go home. Miss not going every day with her. Once a week is not enough.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a DVD called “extreme cardio” but it was really more weights. I’m going to try doing another extreme cardio DVD tomorrow

After exercise came home because I forgot my phone then went to Aldi then WM since Vince needed ice cream. Realized that today is tuesday and not Wednesday like I was thinking for some reason. Made the dough for sourdough bread that I’ll take to a friend’s house Thursday when I go there. Got dinner ready then went back to walMart with Vince and then Lowes Hardware. Anything to get out of the house! Will probably work on the x-stitch a bit before we have dinner. Update: never did get to the x-stitch

The Hobby Lobby said they don’t take the 40% off coupon,but I’m thinking that that may just be the HL here since they’re really the only craft store in town.

Got 2 loads of laundry in today

Tracey – I guess I’ve seen a few launches. It was something when SpaceX went up the first time and those boosters came down together. We were able to see everything (except when they touched ground). ‘what never ceases to amaze me, even tho I know that it’s coming, is how long it take for the sonic boom. Vince just read that the launch has now been postponed until thursday due to weather.

You know something, in a way I’ll be sad to go back to the way things were (if that’ll ever happen). I’m enjoying playing mahjongg online and even seeing some of the Green rooms’ performances online. But I do miss ceramics. Great that they opened yesterday

Viv UK – you’re not the only one getting these friend requests. My “decline” button is sure getting a workout

Looking forward (probably) to Easter in church. First I’ll go to some masses to just see how things are.

katla – happy early anniversary

Rebecca – your husband doesn’t qualify for getting his shot early! Amazing!!

Vicki – happy birthday

Okie – so glad you at least temporarily got the water. I just can’t imagine having to haul it

pip – your home is looking really fantastic. I especially like that (I don’t know what it is) thing that’s hanging on the door (?) in the last picture.

Michele now in FL

I read that Hobby Lobby was going to stop taking the 40% off coupons but I haven't tried to use one at ours- I tend to only buy things on sale/clearance which the coupons were not valid on.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Happy birthday to Barbara and Vicki. Hope you both have had a good day.

Pip looks like the house is really coming along.

Viv - yes I got a weird friend request today.

My friend and I got our recording for the virtual Easter choir done today. Just need to upload it now.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

I skim here and FB when I'm on the bus, but that's it. There's nothing else on my phone of any interest.

M in Oz

I have the Kindle app on my phone so I can read my book. That's what I usually do when I'm waiting at a doctor's office or somewhere similar. I can check email, text, check this site and the debt free site I frequent, browse Amazon, play Candy Crush or Words with Friends. I don't play the games in public unless I turn the sound off.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

M in Oz

I have the Kindle app on my phone so I can read my book. That's what I usually do when I'm waiting at a doctor's office or somewhere similar. I can check email, text, check this site and the debt free site I frequent, browse Amazon, play Candy Crush or Words with Friends. I don't play the games in public unless I turn the sound off.

I do check email, especially my work email. But that's not "play" ... that's me trying to answer questions on my way into work or home from work when I should be relaxing. :neutral:

I don't have books or games on my phone. I couldn't with my previous phone because there wasn't enough room, and I've only just got my current phone in December and haven't even thought about putting games on it.

But I will pop in and check my Strava challenges, especially if I'm close to completing one ... or check the weather on the BOM site.

I guess my phone is more of a utility thing.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Sorry I'm a bit late, my MFP was out last night and I couldn't get into it, but I want to wish Barbara and Vicki HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :D<3:D<3

I'm awake early this morning. Feeling a little unsettled. I think it's because the end of my memoir is approaching and I'm dreading all the work of getting the typescript print ready. I'm not a good editor and hate dealing with practical, detailed stuff. Plus I haven't opened my laptop in months! Must do that because I'm sure it will take hours to update itself!
    My main worry is that it is too long for the size of the cover that matches my previous books.
    But first I just have to get it finished. I'm on the last couple of months before I went off to university.

It was an exciting time, but I didn’t realise at the time how exciting it was, until I was told by someone else, about twelve years ago, that a boy I met then, for a brief fling on a working holiday, turned out to be someone high up, and crucial, in government circles at one point. I had no idea and didn't link them.
    I did contact him, once I put two and two together, by email and we had a brief reminisce on the phone, but I was happily married to DH by then. I think he was game. :o:o He certainly hadn't forgotten me!
    It was all a bit of a shock when I found out who he was! (Not a name that is hugely famous, but influential at the time). I thought, when I was 17, that he was a bit nerdy and slightly odd. Hence it was a brief, intense, liaison.
    The main thing it did was help me reassess the two and a half year relationship with my steady boyfriend that was going absolutely nowhere, and cleared the decks for me to meet my husband-to-be at uni.
    So, you never know where these strange, youthful things will end up! The person who told me who he was found it all extremely amusing and won't let me forget it. :p
    I obviously have to be careful how I write about this, as I don't want to give too many details away. I might save the discovery of his high position until the next volume!

I've had a spot on my nose for a few days, which has now burst, but it has been upsetting me and I'm not feeling glamorous. It's affected my mood more than it should.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Happy Birthday Vicki and Barbara :flowerforyou: <3

Viv UK
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Barbara I had the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine, most of the people I know who have had it (in York) have all had the Oxford vaccine. :flowerforyou:

Viv UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Viv - My friend in York had the Pfizer. I'm just grateful for anything I can get. I had Pfizer. I'm wondering if they might open a few things a bit earlier as things are currently going so well. I just worry about the variants. My second jab will be end of April.
    Feel a bit better now I've chatted to DH over our morning cup of tea in bed. He always gets me out of whatever well I've fallen into. I slept upstairs last night because of beans in my chilli! :o:o:o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    Barbara, belated happy birthday!

Terri, Heathe
    r, I think when it's allowed we'll be proposed AstraZeneca. They are proposing only that to people under 75 for the most part. It's said have only 70% efficiency, for sure, plus worse side effects, so I'm not too keen on that, but Viv you got it so maybe it's ok! I think people in 50-65 range will get one in the end of the summer or so, if that.

I have no memory of people so eager to get a jab. though I think occasionally there have been flu shot shortages.

Rebecca, here people with transplants are definitely priority. I'm surprised that they are not where you are.

Vicki happy birthday! Congratulations on the scale victory!

Ginny glad to hear your doctor tends to be on top of things. So might you not hear from him until May, or will he call you regardless? How lovely that you find your son is doing great.
    heather now you have me/us curious as to who it was or at least what sort of role he had.

Heather now you have me/us curious as to who it was or at least what sort of role he had.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    I woke plum up at 2:30 am and this time worked. very practical. at 8:30 am or so, i had easily worked 5 hours already today on writing. it was more editing and footnotes so not high thought. am sending it out by the post this morning. my director likes to read and correct on paper. just a 12 page commented plan.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: 12 mins T’ai Chi outside on deck, dogs to powerline
    Bonus: 7 mins grooming Tumble, stroll w/T and Tumble,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Post Office, Library, Farmers’ Market, Freddie’s, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, call S, start taxes, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, email Pres for agenda, then meeting notice to paper, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Mindful March:
    3: Start today by appreciating your body and that you’re alive: Truth this and thanks be!

Katla I tried Stevia Clear but couldn’t stand the taste. Gave it to a friend. I am so addicted to sugar :cry: Congrats on the Pfizer jabs!
    Teresa those are some impressive step counts!
    Pip :love: your cozy bedroom and all the pics. You have the gift of selecting the just right pieces.
    KJ likewise Joe. He turned down free airplane tickets to Hawaii when we were first courting, he’ll go when they finish building the bridge… :laugh:
    Vicki congrats on taking off the 1.4 lb. Every ounce is a victory!
    Ginny I admire your attitude. Fingers Xd.
    Okie any eta on the well pump repair? Not having to haul water is now on my gratitude list.
    Betsy sorry to hear the warm wraps’ comfort is fleeting. While folding towels warm from the drier I was wondering if cycling a blanket for awhile would give the same warm blanket feel as the ones they do in the hospital, but sounds like even an electric blanket isn’t helping. :cry:
    Machka there are a few games (Bejeweled and 1010!) I succumb to on my iphone while waiting. Mostly I just skim/delete email.
    Debbie which day next week? ;)
    Tracey that “tensions are high in the produce section…” meme made me laugh almost loud enough to waken Joe :laugh:
    Heather saving the big reveal ‘til next volume, brilliant!
    Julie good work!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, much appreciated.

It will be another fine day today, so looking forward to a coffee/chat/stroll outside before engaging in the shopping wars. Thereafter rain is forecast for the foreseeable future, an opportunity to tackle some of those longstanding indoor projects.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 2, weigh: 2; steps>5627=6163 vits=2, log=2, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=0, Tumble=4 Shadow=3 mfp=2 outside=4 up hill=3
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=2 or SWSY or wii x5= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7 3/14 3/21 3/28 3/31
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant= , 21 plan= bonus: AF=1 play= sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW