WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Katla, I had bought Truiva sweetener. It was granulated, and kinda looked like sugar. But when I put it in coffee, it was hard to stir the spoon. Plus my coffee had a odd aftertaste. I will look into your option! 💕
    Rebecca💖
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Happy birthday, Barbara, Vicki, Rita and any other Marchbabes!
    Tiny bit of drama in a spoiler:
    My brother in law has been trying to get ahold of DH for some time. DH is angry with him over some things that happened/ were said when their mom passed. Anyway, BIL sent me a message that he wants to offer to help us (financially). I told him that I would have DH return text or calls. I have not and will not tell him about the offer of help. If he won't connect with his sibling for the simple reason of connection; I will not throw money into it. I know, that if DH reconnected after hearing about financial help, I would not be able to respect him. Is that bad?
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Katla, I had bought Truiva sweetener. It was granulated, and kinda looked like sugar. But when I put it in coffee, it was hard to stir the spoon. Plus my coffee had a odd aftertaste. I will look into your option! 💕
    Rebecca💖

Have you tried monkfruit sweetener? I like it better than all the others, but I don't put sweetener in my coffee usually. I can't even remember why I bought it. Someone here said she didn't like it, but I can't remember who.

Tina in CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    The protein powder I use has monk fruit in it. I really like it.

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly enough ladies I think his young age of 60 trumps his transplant list wise. I was flabbergasted.
    Good that his life is that of a happy hermit, and is quite content not going out to see anyone but me.

Have a good day all!
    💖 Rebecca

I have seen that many states are prioritizing by age only.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Re sweeteners: We have been using SweetLeaf Sweet Drops, stevia clear for many years. I use it in my coffee daily. I use real sugar in baking.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Bone broth for Drew...soup bone with nice bit of meat on it, carrots, celery, ginger, and parsley. Add filtered water to cover. Cook in crock pot hit for 8 hours low for 16. I will feed her the cooked meat and veggies with the broth for her water. I am supposed to give her this type of diet for 5 days.

I made myself some chicken broth last week using this method. I added garlic and pepper so couldn't feed that to Drew. I did feel better after drinking it. I am going to start making this on a regular basis. I got recipe from Eat Dirt. The theme of the book is the importance of microbes to our diet and how some of the current farming practices are depleting our soil of this microbes we need to stay healthy.

I will also make broth for Drew. She has a knee issue and bone broth is good for that too!

I add no onions garlic to Drews soup. Yes to mine. I think it would benefit DH too! He has stomach isssues because of his chemo.

She seems her normal self...she is just drinking and peeing more. They did give her an IV to flush out the toxic effect of the Candbury eggs she ate. The thirst and pee is because of the chocolate. Her system is trying to get rid of it. So one worry down. She does not exhibit the more alarming syptoms of shaking, seizures, and lethargy.

I have also taken her for short walks to get her system to work out the toxicins. It is a bright sunny day which also makes her and me feel better.

It makes me think her prescription to get better is good for a person who is trying to improve their health after being ill with a stomach issue.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. Thank you all the the birthday wishes. Had a nice evening at home. only I could not seemed to leave the cheese and crackers alone. New day and back on track.

Katla--Those are the best kind of letters\cards\pictures. I have kept everyone. Awhile back my DGD said something about the letter she had written and I told her I keep everyone and she was thrilled that I would do that. Usually I hang them on my desk cupboard for a while then put them in a special box I have just for them.

Oakie--hauling water reminds me when I was 15 my parents decided to move a house on to some land they bought. Only problem was once the house was moved on dad took the money out of the bank to hook up water and electric and took off with his girlfriend. Left mom and us 5 kids living in a house with no lights or water. So we ended up running a cord from the house to the pole for lights and a neighbor let us use his big water tank to haul water to the house. only lived there less than a month before mom moved us to a place in town. Dad and the girlfriend ended up moving in there, I hadn't thought about that in years.

KJ--Hugs. I understand how you feel. The death of a parent is hard enough and mix in money issues and families are never the same. :'(

Margaret--Glad to hear Drew is doing well and no lasting problems from the candy.

Blessings,Vicki GI NE <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Heather
    My Aunt is convinced the Pfizer vaccine is better than the Oxford one. She seems to think that the Pfizer covers more of the variants than the Oxford. Like you I was just glad to get the vaccine - even if I did have a reaction to it. :) My 2nd jab is on 19th May, I hope I'm not as bad next time.

Love
    Viv UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather & Viv: We had our first vaccinations. DH was first, day before yesterday. My first vaccination was yesterday. We are taking Pfizer vaccine. Our next doses will be at the end of the month. I still have a mild headache from my vaccination yesterday. DH had his first vaccination day before yesterday. He also still has a mild headache. If it protects us, this is worth putting up with mild headaches.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 35.59min, 184elev, 18.4amph, 139ahr, 166mhr, 11.03mi= 390c
    Strava app = 215c
    Walk w/family- 1hr 45min 16sec, 86ahr, 116mhr, 3.17ap, 5.54mi= 541c
    Strava app- 671c

Total cal 931

I can’t wait to show you my next pic of the home, but I have to wait til tonight!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Had the Moderna ,no headache just sore arm...
    I am more worried about second dose.thats the one that can kick your butt..
    But better than being on a ventilator.
    Watching local news and will go pick Dan up.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    My dad's vaccination site is over an hour away. I wonder if I should drive him just in case he has side effects. Or would it take a few hours to show up?

Annie in Delaware
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Ladies before I try to speak to doctor can anyone point me to a website or forum, with recipes for gallbladder health. I know what to avoid and what to eat. I have had a few episodes of pain etc in the last month. I really want to avoid removal of gallbladder. Think what I’d like is a weeks meals. I will try to get hold of the doctor to ask for stronger medication for when I get the pain

Thanks
    Kate UK ❤️
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Rita! I missed you earlier Happy Birthday

Kim in N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    My latest addition, one pic, during day, one at night with and without lights on
    g3pwfgwn768w.jpeg
    ewmztyk3cpn9.jpeg
    vhjsdssolggv.jpeg
    rtyehw9v5ny8.jpeg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Ladies before I try to speak to doctor can anyone point me to a website or forum, with recipes for gallbladder health. I know what to avoid and what to eat. I have had a few episodes of pain etc in the last month. I really want to avoid removal of gallbladder. Think what I’d like is a weeks meals. I will try to get hold of the doctor to ask for stronger medication for when I get the pain

Thanks
    Kate UK ❤️

For me ...

I need to avoid eggs and spicy food. It's also a good idea to avoid foods that are high in fat.

Trouble is, I like eggs. I'd like to eat a boiled egg for lunch or boiled eggs and toast for breakfast on the weekends. And I might be able to get away with it once and then not again for a few months ... or maybe not.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    Regarding sugar and sweeteners -- I'm not overly fond of sugar. It gives me mouth sores. I up my sugar intake ... I get mouth sores. I reduce my sugar intake, my mouth sores go away.

That's not to say I don't eat any sugar. I do have a bit of chocolate just about every day. :) And of course there is sugar in stuff.

But I don't drink sugar ... I don't drink sugared drinks and I don't add sugar to anything I drink. And I keep my sweet snack limit down.

If I happen to want something sweet in a drink, I'll use stevia. Or occasionally honey.

Regarding phones (mini computers), laptops etc. -- I regard them all mostly as for utility purposes. For work, for university when I was attending, for communication (but not idle chatter), for news, for weather, for planning, etc.

I rarely play games on my computer.

Maybe it's because I sit at a computer all day long at work, and was sitting at my computer all evening and weekend with university, and could conceivably sit there for my cycling club work and what not ... when I want to have a bit of fun, I prefer to walk away from the computer and do something outside!

Machka in Oz