WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Just figured average steps for February. 6800 per day. Not as bad as I thought. :D
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Kylia, I love your washer and dryer. I am happy that ours continue to work well but I am envious at the sight of your beautiful new ones.

:) We have no intention of doing anything different after we get our second jab. We will continue to get curbside delivery of groceries and limit our going anywhere else. I got a jury summons for May and accepted their offer to postpone it for six months due to Covid related concerns. Now my summons is for November and that is likely to be the first time I go indoors anywhere with more than five people in the building.

:) I just figured out why I'm not setting goals or resolutions for the month. So many things have become habits and I just continue them (drinking water, walking 10,000 steps, logging food and exercise, etc). It's the same reason that none of us lists brush teeth, bathe, wear clean clothes, etc. They are habits that we do without thinking.

:) Jake wants to send birthday cards to some friends so he plans to be at Walgreens the minute they open and buy cards and his favorite candy. The store is practically empty at that time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Kkkkkkkkk
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Campground opening went well. No problems. About half full so not bad at all.

More walking now which I really need! Lost 4 pounds in February. Here’s hoping another 4 goes!

My word for the year is Perseverance . This refers to my finances and health changes.

Hoping to get interview this week so I can start. The teacher I know tells me they are really short on subs/teachers. HR in every company/organization I’ve had business with are slow so no news there.

RvRita

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Julie-actually I just used some lavender last night. Woke up with no sore throat! Also, my one cat had been sneezing horrible all last week. I think the extra humidity in the house has helped her. Of course, once summer hits here I will be running ac to cut back on some of the lovely outdoor humidity!
    Pip-enjoy watching transformation of your new home.
    Barbara-don’t know what it is with the clothes. Got distracted with a phone call with a friend last night and they are still here looking at me today!
    Tracey-it is amazing how young children are figuring out technology. She is cute!
    Kylia-nice washer and drier. I am not surprised people enter your house by other than the front door!
    Okie-glad you do have some options for yourself. Texas got hit amazingly hard. I feel bad for all, but especially those with no options or means.

First day of March off to a good start. A bit cold and windy here but the sun is shining. Work is moving along, one item at a time. Looking forward to gym this afternoon.

Waiting to hear from doctor regarding tests last week. Part of me hates the fact that they release results and you are left wondering what it means. Nothing to do except put one foot in front of the other and do the next right thing. Back to work!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Kylia love the wool balls in the dryers. I have some silicon ones I use to keep things from twisting in the dryer.

Walking is out today. We got wet snow that some of it melted and not our temps are now in the twenties. Then we got another fine layer of snow overnight. You cannot see the ice under the snow. Drew will get her outing in the fenced yard today. I got exercise by shovelling again and going up and down the stairs. I also play the treat game and chase the squirrel toy with Drew to get her running and more exercise for her.

Tomorrow afternoon we will be in the forties again so should be able to walk then.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: livestream church, dogs to powerline twice.
    Bonus: mins picking up sticks, 30 mins vacuuming and cleaning Joe’s bathroom, 10 mins Leslie Sansome.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, Freddie’s?, call C, call S, start taxes, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments,
    Mindful March:
    1: Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness=breathe in calm, breathe out smile.

Thank you Barbie, always enjoy reading your new month welcome message.
    Heather :love: the pic but women swimming? Brr!
    Kim, been thinking of you and your hurting heart. Brava on the garage door.
    Ginny what IS it with those dried clothes that refuse to fold themselves? SMH. :laugh:
    Rori :brokenheart:
    Tracey how old is your tech genius granddaughter? :love: the pics.
    Machka thanks for checking in.
    Michele sorry the launch got scrubbed.
    Rebecca those purple, Twinkie racing bunnies are cute and DO make my teeth hurt ;) Sending them to Athena?

I’m thinking that even when we are both vaccinated, I’ll continue to minimize indoor group activities. Makes me sad, but if we got sick it would make me even sadder.

Planning to indulgent today, will start March re-set tomorrow.

February Summary and March Plan
    Everything needs improvement. :P

Did change morning weigh-in to wii quick test daily full test weekly so could do some balance/cardio games. Seemed to impove my mood. Feb results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 90%/94%, steps=average: [color=red4814[/color] vs 5592 step days:36%/61%, vits= 97%/94% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 82%/90% CI<250<CO= 64%74% Tumble 5/10= 71%/87% Shadow 5/10= 71%/90% mfp=100%/100% AF= 54%/58% outside= 64%/90%, up hill=61%/81% cleaning 41%/355%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3= 0% /22%, dance=0%/22% walk with T or Joe and the dogs instead of pack walk x2=50%/67%, rx=80%/100% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant= 31
    Feb 28 142.4 Jan 31: 141.3 Jan 1: 145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3 down 1 lb since Jan 1 last year. Although up from Jan, still in a lower 141-143 range than last year, and no “Covid 19#”.
    Waist:42.5 unchanged from Jan 1.

March resolve- improve February’s most important: Joe, steps, dogs, strength, dancing. Alternate 12-15 mins T’ai Chi and BB&B with wii balance games.
    Daily: sit next to Joe for at least a little while, weigh, more steps than Jan average, vits, log, CI<CO, CI <250 CO, 5 mins training or grooming Tumble or Shadow, check in mfp, get outside, walk up hill.
    Weekly cleaning 2x half hour, BB&B, TC or SWSY x 3, dance x 2, rX and review 21 plan.
    Monthly: board and council meetings, grant progress.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: leaner/stronger/kinder than January.
    daily: sit with Joe: 27, weigh/wii: 28/12/36; steps>5627 6091 vits=27, log=28, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=17, Tumble=20 Shadow=20 mfp=28 outside=18 up hill=17
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=4 dance=1 clean 60 mins=1.75 packwalk=4, wt=1/31:141.3 2/7:142  2/14: 141.5 2/21: 143:3 :cry: 2/28 142.4
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=5 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play=22 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

I know right? I am not making them, just thought they were cute.😋. I did send my daughter in law the pic though.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Thank you so much for the March thread. I appreciate you and our wonderful group of Women 50+. You all make my life better. :heart:

Rita: Perseverance is an excellent word choice, and something we all need to create good lives for ourselves. :smiley:

Margaret and Kylia: I also put something in the dryer to help with tumbling our wash. I use tennis balls. These have never been used on anything but tumbling laundry in the dryer. :bigsmile:

We are looking forward to our first CoVid vaccinations. DH has his first appointment later today. My first appointment will be tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to both of our vaccinations, because we can begin to return to things we love and have been unable to do.

HAPPY MARCH!!!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I helped my dad set up a separate email account for my mom so she can have her own Walgreens account so she can sign up for the vaccinations. Still no appointments available, but the accounts are in place. Sigh! These things are so complicated. They have cell phones but they don't keep them charged and they interchange the numbers all the time. So it's not clear which number is on which account. Such a mess.

Meanwhile I had a late lunch so I shouldn't be hungry. I'm really just bored. More boiled chicken for dinner.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    DH drove the car up to Devil's Dy ke today and went for a walk up there. He was a little annoyed that he felt a bit tired afterwards! He found the hill a bit steep. ;)
    It was a gorgeous day, but I was desperate for another episode of Spiral, so I did my rowing and cycling instead. One more episode until this series ends and I'm caught up with where we came in. :'(

Lovely wholegrain spelt pasta meal today. Prawns, broccoli, tomatoes, green beans, and pesto. Parmesan. I definitely needed that bonus exercise.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Vicki prayers for Katie :heart:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛🔵🟪💙
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    watching Contagion, because why not, it hit my sarcasm button just right, bahaha
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments about our new homestead. Paid our last prorated rent today, took our last shower here. w8p1k3dddp6m.jpg
    The apartment is looking bare. This will be our last night here.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 48min 38sec, 3.21ap, 118elev, 87ahr, 109mhr, from house to park via shepherd, (1.48mi hm to park), 8.14mi= 729c
    Strava app =938c
    Other- 1hr 50min 17sec, more packing, working on home= 515c

Total cal 1244
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Did a Jari Love DVD. I think tomorrow I’ll do some sort of cardio.

Dee – thanks so much for the explanation

Rebecca – what adorable “drivers”

Exercised, Steve left, got dinner ready to microwave then went to see about a new tea kettle. I know that I definitely don’t want a stainless steel one, I want something that you can see thru like glass so I know readily how much water there is. Didn’t get one but it’s not something that’s urgent. Mahjongg tonight. I'll just leave to see the launch

Barbara – the launch is scheduled for tonight at 8:15pm. Vince was talking to Jess and explained how Elon Musk is sending satellites into space so that internet can be had in rural places. Colby admitted that this will hurt his business. Well, it’s up to him to prepare for what will most likely happen.

Okie TX – ((HUG)) Glad you can get the water

Kylia – I have a sign that I put by my backdoor that says ‘backdoor guests are best” because most people come to my back door

Michele