Many the Miles: Week 3 [CLOSED GROUP]

Options
Good morning and welcome to week 3 of our challenge!

We had a 60% success rate this week!! We are all doing great and I fully expect every single one of you to keep up the good work!! To those of you who didn't complete the challenge: STEP UP YOUR GAME!!!

A very special shout out to Mariam and Thamre for completing a 5k and kicking butt!! Also, I'm gonna toot my own horn here: I went for my first post-op run yesterday and I managed to run 5 miles! My pace was slower than my usual, but I'm not terribly concerned about that now.

Anyway, this week, I wanna challenge you to do 12 miles by Sunday night. We can do it!!

Happy trails!

Replies

• thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    don't think I checked in too much over the weekend. I had a pretty good one. Ran my 5k Saturday morning. I actually did better than I thought I would since I haven't ran most of the summer. I thought I finished in 31 minutes. I just checked out the race results and my time was 30:07! I also managed to go for a 10 mile bike ride Saturday afternoon. Sunday I went for a 4 mile walk.

mariawells - good job on the 5 mile run!
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am so on this this week!!! Not going to let my silly pedometer troubles last week slow me down!!! Concider is stepped up! :happy:
  • fit_chica69
    fit_chica69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! I haven't been feeling well or been very motivated for that matter but today is a new day and a brand new week!! I will be stepping up my game.... I'm up for the 12 mile challenge!! We can do this!! :)
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    12 miles it is! Look out road, you have 10 very determined and motivated women about to attack! Maria, congrats on running the 5 miles, very impressive, just please, be careful. Yes the mother in me speaks. That is my goal. I am up to 2 non stop now, but baby steps. Mariam and Thamre, great job on the 5k's. You both definately inspire and motivate me.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done everyone!

will try my best to get the 12miles. its a busy busy weekend! my 30th on saturday and im off to london town with hubby!

well done thamre! thats fab timing!

maria: good job on getting your 5miles!

lesley: your distance will continue to improve. keep pushing
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    4.3 miles today =]

hey btw who likes dance music? need a new song to work out to? check this song out ( i'm the girl singing =])

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!
    Not having the best morning here. I feel drained and I'm not sure why. Maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in? Also, I have a dentist apointment at 4 (eeek!!!)

thamre- You are so incredibly active. It's amazing!! :D

kbeach08-That's the spirit!! Do you have a smart phone? I use runkeeper (it's free!) and I love it :) There's also mapmyrun.com, where you can make loops around your area and figure out their distance.

fit_chica69- There you go!! You can do this!!

Mariam- Way to say goodbye to your 20s! Is this the best shape you've been in? You're truly inspiring.

Sinead- I will listen to the song as soon as I get home. Are you mainly a singer or do you play any instruments too? Also, great job getting miles in!

Leslye125: 4.76 miles
    sineadangele1: 4.3 miles

mariababe81:
    thamre:
    mariawells:
    CharlotteintheUSA:
    defygravity531:
    patriot201:
    kbeach08:
    fit_chica69
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Eeep! Sorry! I know I owe you so many miles! I got one in yesterday, but that's about it. I'll get lots of walking in at camp later in the week and I'll try to calculate the miles by how long I walk for. (My casual pace is about 3.0).
  • thamre
    Options
    I did not get in any walking last night (or running). I was so tired when I got home from work. I laid down and sleep for an hour before hubby got home. But today is a new day - already did 30ds this morning and plan on getting my walk in after work :happy:
  • sineadangele1
    Options
    I mainly sing but I play piano too =]
  • sineadangele1
    Options
    today i walked 4.5 miles so my total is now 8.8 miles for the week.
  • Charlotte012
    Charlotte012 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    walked 3 miles today!
  • PBmaria
    Options
    So why is Wednesday called hump day?
    I went for a 4 mile run and did ok. I managed to keep an 8:30 min/mile pace but I had to really really push myself and I had some breathing cramps, which means my cardiovascular strenght has severly decreased. I'm still sore so I've been doing tons of stretching. I also went for a 2 mile walk with my in-laws' dogs. Overall, a decent day.

Samantha- Have fun at camp and get lots of walking!!
    Thamre- Good job getting yourself up early to do 30DS. I know you've had a busy schedule.
    Sinead- That's awesome!! Is this your band? Are you studying or pursuing a career in music?
    Charlotte- Great job! Do you feel all settled in now? :)
    Mariam- That's so great that you joined the running club! I have you down for 11.5k (7.14 miles). I hope you had an awesome time!

sineadangele1: 8.8 miles
    mariawells: 6 miles
    defygravity531: 1 mile
    CharlotteintheUSA: 3 miles
    mariababe81: 7.14 miles
    thamre:

patriot201:
    kbeach08:
    fit_chica69
  • thamre
    Options
    Ran 4 miles last night.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am up to 4miles for the week... Sounds like everyone is doing great!! :happy: congrats to you all!
  • sineadangele1
    Options
    mariawells, no its not my band; its a different music group than the one i normally work with. I usually do acoustic stuff. I'm working on my b.a. in music performance.

as for walking, today i did 4.4 miles...1.6 of those miles was running =]

my total is now 13.2 miles
  • PBmaria
    Options
    The weekend is just around the corner!

Sinead- Congrats on finishing up first this week. Also, that's awesome that you ran! Maybe you can start training for a 5k? I'll be running a half marathon in your town in exaclty a month.

kbeach08- Good job getting started this week. You can definitely get up to 12 by Sunday!

sineadangele1: 13.2 miles-DONE!
    mariawells: 10 miles
    defygravity531: 1 mile
    CharlotteintheUSA: 3 miles
    mariababe81: 7.14 miles
    thamre: 4 miles
    kbeach08: 4 miles

patriot201:
    fit_chica69
  • thamre
    Options
    sineadangele1 - good job!
    mariawells - a 1/2 marathon? wow - that's great. my next goal is a 10k and hopefully will be ready for the Beardsley 1/2 marathon this time next year.

i ran 5 miles last night.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5.2 miles tonight. Walked some, but ran most of it! Feel amazing... :bigsmile:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!

sorry for being so quiet! and not providing support! been very busy at work and life in general! infact sept is a pretty busy month with deadlines, weddings, birthdays and anniversaries! my big 30 tomorrow as well! eek!!!

tuesday i did 7.14 miles
    wed: 0.5 miles
    thursday: 0.5 miles

i am hoping to go for a run today! and will be walking a LOT tomorrow in london so will prob make my 12mile :)

have a great weekend everyone!