Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Options

Replies

• uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    March 2021 stats
    38 years old
    Height: 5' 7"
    SW (6/9/2020): 330.0 lbs
    Month SW (2/27/21): 240.0lbs
    Goal weight: 180 lbs
    Weigh in day: Saturdays
    3/6: 236.2lbs (-3.8lbs)
    3/9: 235.6lbs (-0.6lbs) - 9 month anniversary
    3/13: 236.0 lbs (+0.4lbs) - I'll take it especially with having my period this week.
    3/20: 236.0lbs - stayed steady (went down .5in in my waist)
    3/27: lbs
    Total month loss: lbs

Weekly and Monthly Goals:
    *Keep logging in MFP - ✔✔
    * Stick to my 1200 calorie limit even with exercise calories disabled in MFP - ✔✔ - Went seriously over yesterday!!
    * Stop drinking water ~15 minutes before meals and no drinking water during meals - ✔✔
    * Continue the T-25 workouts - ✔✔✔ Week 1 of T-25 Gamma Hybrid Pure Strength cycle done yesterday. Will start week 2 on Monday!!
    * Do either a quick yoga, stretch, or walk (Reps to the Rhythm or Up to the BEat Fit or Cize - Crazy 8's) workout in the evenings in addition to my morning workout - ✔✔✔
    * Add in swimming 2x a week - Got my hair curled last weekend, so did not swim this week. Going today though and may just swim for a longer time to make up.
    * Get as much sleep as possible 💤💤💤
    * Make it to 95 days of meeting my step goal and get a new badge from Garmin (if available)!! - ✔✔✔at day 96 now.

Mid-year Goal:
    * Get below 200 lbs (Hopefully by the end of May) - We'll see

Been having the blahs the past couple of days!! Still tracking and getting my steps in, but, that is happening later in the day!! Hopefully, I can shake it off soon!!

Success everyone!! Keep up the great work!!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5' 9"
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    GW: Maintenance below 165

Weight tracking:
    Mar 1: 164.3 😯 - Went off the rails this weekend. But I know it's temporary. Just too much food in my gut.
    Mar 6: 162.3 😐 - Back to where I should be, but more than I was last Saturday
    Mar 13: 159.9 😍
    Mar 20: 159.4 😍
    Mar 27:
    Mar 31:

Fitness goals:
    Weigh daily: 7/7
    Log food consistently: 6/7 - this assumes I'll manage to log completely today. I struggle with the weekend logging
    Run 5x week/20 miles: 6/5, 24.87 miles
    On the water rowing 1x/week: 1/1 - Yay! Got my Sunday row in! Looking forward to lighter mornings so I can row before work on the weekdays too.
    10,000 steps/day: 7/7
    45 Zone Minutes/day: 7/7
    Miles ran MTD: 66.96
    Miles ran YTD: 210.47

Been thinking about maybe going back to eating at a small deficit to slowly drift down to 150. I'm already drifting down. If I can stay disciplined on the weekends, I think I can get there by the summer. Let's see how I do this weekend. My goals my change up next week as a result.
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have just started my journey. I began at 224 and am now at 118 or so. Please friend me so we can keep up with each other. Since I am rarely on the forums I need friends to keep up with.

I accept all friend requests and love to see my friends losing weight!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight Hope you had a great birthday this week. The birding sounds great! Hope you are enjoying your road trip!

@Kaken21 Hope your kiddo is better. Good progress on your weigh-in. You make me wonder if I am under on my calories.

@pearsonlinda30 nice to see you back

@goal06082021 funny this is the time I usually get on the wagon. I have trouble from late October to mid December. Glad you aren’t going to fall into that trap. I just kept my gain low during that time. Now I hope to make progress like I did last year. I used my bullet planner to plan food before I started back to work. Now I don’t get on it (I use One Note) after work. I miss it.

@brwnsuga6 glad you found something you enjoy and can share with your daughter.

@hap2go Sorry about your parents surgeries and injuries. Your weight will adjust down again. Glad your Mom is better now. Hope your father is doing well after surgery too. It is so hard to take care of ourselves when we are caring for others.

@VickyElton yes definitely gaining fast and losing slow is a pain. You are doing great!

@alymc2 I hope it becomes the beginning of an never ending healthy relationship with food for you soon.

@ladychr0nic I am glad your neighbor found you. My youngest and I went for a walk this week in a park that was new to us. We were never sure if we kept to the “loop” path but kept finding a way. It was kind of fun exploring.

@seejanebird I relate to needing a mid-afternoon snack and trying to find the right option. Sometimes I have Raincoast Crisps with thin sliced Havarti cheese. I keep to what they say is a serving.

@changeforeverlj hope you are all better after your tumble.

@girlinkaz nice weigh in. Happy birthday! I appreciate your explaining your approach. I am struggling to find the right calorie goal that keeps the scale going down slowly but steadily.

@Laughter_Girl I think we need to be more intentional about adding in more fruits and vegetables. Some days we get a lot and others we have just the minimum.

@Tarzan37 Usually side effects are the day after getting the vaccine. Those are the side effects I got the 2nd dose. Glad you are over them. I hope you were able to have a happy birthday anyway. I had my birthday a few days after my 2nd dose but was over all side effects by then.

@mumof6sv sorry for your loss. Grandmothers are so special to us. A rest from weight loss can be a good thing as long as you don’t gain too much. Take care.

@tiffdaski I have to admit being curious about Noom. Hope you find that you can find a sustainable healthy way of eating.
  • KeriA
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Usually on Saturday we have a healthy yummy brunch anytime between 10-12ish. Then I usually get on my laptop and catch up on any logging both here and on my spreadsheet. Then I read through your posts from the last time I have been on this thread. Today I was in the middle of doing that and my youngest came up and suggested a walk as she has been doing most days. I skipped a walk on Monday and I wanted one this weekend to make up for that so I said okay. Since it was the weekend I suggested a different walk. My husband decided to join us too. We went to a small town just north of us where they have a nice waterfront with a ferry dock, marina and waterfront park. I have been walking about an hour many times the last weeks so I thought great when we got to the park at the end and we had walked about 30 minutes. But when we started up from the beach to the sidewalk I started to feel light headed or weak. It was 3:30ish now and I think it was that I was beyond hungry. However I really didn't feel especially hungry when we started out but realized when I was feeling weak walking that it was because I hadn't eaten in a while.

I had my husband go ahead and get the car and my youngest and I walked slowly back towards the car. We waited at a bench then continued to where he had parked close by. We had a snack on the drive home. We will have salmon tonight so it will be a healthy dinner. It seems like I am losing on days after having more calories. I am wondering if I need to up my calorie goal. I just can't find that sweet spot like I did last spring. I gained 5 pounds late fall and early winter and have stopped the gain. I was hoping lowering my calories would help me lose now. I was planning on raising my calories if I got more consistent with exercise. I have gotten between 35-60 minutes of exercise 4-5 days a week. Not really so much to be concerned but maybe enough to think about it. I have had some low calorie days this week and some higher but the high days I didn't go over due to exercise. I am down near my low but haven't lost since early in the month. I am just not sure that lowering my calories is really doing it for me.
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @tiffdaski
    Welcome to the group! This is an awesome bunch of ladies :)

@KeriA
    Sometimes your body just needs more calories! Especially because it sounds like you're pretty active! Maybe the plateau is that you're not eating enough? I've heard that could happen. Good luck finding that sweet spot! Also, it's always fun finding a new park/trail to explore :) I went walking the woods again and had a way better time keeping track of my bearings. I went the wrong way once but was able to find my way back.

I've been doing really good! I weighed in after my night shift and only lost 0.2 pounds, but then I weighed in the next morning just to recheck and it says I lost 2.2 pounds! So it shows how much night shift affects my weight. I'm super happy! It's funny, we weigh my puppy once a week too to see how much he's growing, and he gained 2.2 pounds! Super cute.
    I plan on going on another big walk today with my puppy and my boyfriend and get some fresh air. That's the only exercise that I have been doing, is walking...so hopefully that's enough? I have a very active job as a nurse as well.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
  • KeriA
    Options
    @ladychr0nic that's what I need a puppy! I already have twin overgrown kittens though. I suspect working night shift does complicate things.

I recalculated my BMR and TDEE and I decided to see what MFP would set my calorie goal at for 1 lb/week loss. It was higher than what I had set my calorie goal lately but not as high as some of the calculated adjustments so I thought that would be a good in between range to shoot for. I also looked at how I was logging calories and adjusted one regular item up in calories to make sure I wasn't under counting it. I usually have exercise calories left over that cover for that but just thought I would make a few tweeks. This month I was hoping to lose more than a lb/week but then I usually like to leave some or most of my exercise calories on the table unless I think they are needed that day.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I gave up on logging for a while but I know it's the best thing for me, so I prelogged my week and am going to get back into it on Monday. I got my first dose of the vaccine (and had the predicted fibro flare) this weekend, and I feel like things are changing in the right direction. Soon I'll be able to put the table out on the sun porch again. As it is, there are birds and squirrels at the feeder and the two younger cats are absolutely rapt with predatory intent.

Here's my week's meal plan.
    Monday: Chicken and jalapeno quesadillas
    Steak Diane (or plain grilled steak for me, I don't like mustard sauces), mashed cauliflower or wild rice pilaf, pan-seared asparagus with sea salt and cracked black pepper.

Tuesday: Hot Italian Beef sandwiches, chips.
    Kung Pao pork, stirfry vegetables, white rice.

Wednesday: Hamburgers and chips
    Shrimp scampi, rice pilaf, green beans.

Thursday: Pulled pork on bun or in a wrap, chips.
    Farfalle florentine alla pollo (butterfly pasta in alfredo sauce with spinach and grilled chicken) or grilled chicken and alfredo sauce on pan-seared zucchini.

Friday: Grilled roast beef with red sauce and mozzarella. (He will probably have a Reuben; she will probably have a grilled ham and cheese.) Chips if wanted.
    Beef chimichangas with rice and beans, green sauce, red sauce, or cheese sauce.

Saturday: Chicken fingers with dip, chips.
    Lamb/beef gyros on pita breads with lettuce, tomato, onion, feta, and tzatziki sauce.

Sunday: Walking burrito (All the sides are inside) with chips
    Chicken cutlets in ale sauce with onion and mushrooms, parsley potatoes or rice pilaf, brussel sprouts with bacon drippings.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    @roz0810 - Welcome! This is a wonderfully supportive group!

Okay, it's Weigh-in Monday for me!

Height: 5'4
    SW: 242.4 (1/25/21)
    3/1: 232.1
    3/8: 231.8
    3/15: 233
    3/22: 233.1
    3/29:
    March GW: 228 lbs

It appears that I'm accidentally in "recomposition." I took measurements this morning, and while I'm up 1 lb from the last time I took measurements (March 1st), I've lost 5.25" overall - with nearly two of those from my waist. That's a good indicator of fat loss. I was more consistent with exercise than I was with logging my food this past week, so I don't think I need to make any changes to my calorie or macronutrient targets at this time. I just need to stick to them! 😅 So that's my focus for this week.

I'm pretty sure I won't hit my goal for March next week, but that's okay. I'm in the process of learning my body and myself - what works for me mentally as well as physically. There is going to be some trial and error! I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Thank you for the welcome ♥️

And great job on losing inches. Well done 😊
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Age 34
    Height 5’5”
    Starting weight 275.6

3/1- 267.4
    3/8 - 268.3 (it’s my time of the month, but still frustrating)
    3/15 -264.0 (woo hoo)
    3/22 -264.7 (I am feeling frustrated by this stall, but I’m staying positive and wondering if I am getting my period ( I have pcos so it’s possible))
    3/29 -

Weight Loss Goal for March: 8 pounds
  • tsokalas2
    tsokalas2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started, day 3; this app tells me that I need 1500 calories, but my doctor told me 1200. I am already under for the first two days. Today, I am going to try and add more vegetables and get more exercise. I work from home, which I love, but it a sedentary lifestyle, which is my downfall. However, I have to get better at moving since I do have the flexibility to do so. I know the age, lack of movement is the issue.
    It is great to hear all of your updates! I appreciate this page.
  • Arralethe
    Arralethe Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @ama3387 Hang in there, the hormonal and water weight fluctuations are a nightmare (had fibroids until a partial hysterectomy a couple of years ago). If you know your logging is sound, the scale will catch up eventually.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    tsokalas2 wrote: »
    I am just getting started, day 3; this app tells me that I need 1500 calories, but my doctor told me 1200. I am already under for the first two days. Today, I am going to try and add more vegetables and get more exercise. I work from home, which I love, but it a sedentary lifestyle, which is my downfall. However, I have to get better at moving since I do have the flexibility to do so. I know the age, lack of movement is the issue.
    It is great to hear all of your updates! I appreciate this page.

Hello new friend!

I normally come down on the side of "listen to your doctor," but I'm curious as to why they recommended 1200 calories for you? Most people can lose on more than that, and eating too little is also a problem even if you're trying to lose weight.