Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Options

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @ladychr0nic ha, another Abbott and Costello pair! I'm 5'2" and my husband is 5'11", we've always been "short and round" and "tall and thin," even while we were dating. He's filled out some in the ten years we've been together, but he's never been fat like I have.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @ladychr0nic
    My husband is 6'5" and eats all the time, too. He snacks so much after dinner that I just go to the other room as it is easier for me. I also brush my teeth right after dinner so that I can complete my diary for the day.
    I will be right there with you... logging everyday, forever amen!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    brwnsuga6 wrote: »
    Ok,here goes nothing!
    First time ever commenting on a weight loss blog, but I need to admit, I need the help and motivation of others. CW is 199.4 and my goal weight is 175 by July (My big 5-0). If I can just dedicate and commit myself to being accountable in this forum, I'll be batting a thousand. I hope to keep my motivation as high as it is now and post in this forum next week.

Welcome to the group.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    [quote= @kali31337 nice whoosh! It's good you have a backup dress just in case, but here's hoping you can make the original one work. I certainly hope it's a happy occasion, but even if it isn't, you deserve to feel good about yourself when you get dressed up.[/quote]

Thank you! It is for a bridal shower for my bestfriend so luckily, a fun event!
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @goal06082021
    hahah yep I'm definitely the short and round one of the pair. Am used to it now! I'm hoping with some changes i'll weigh less then him one day.

@Spotteddingo
    I like the idea of brushing your teeth!! I'm going to try that! Late night snacking is what is killing me. Ugh

@uyister
    Yeah I think I just needed to make the realization that tracking everyday forever is the only way to do it. I keep losing and gaining and losing and gaining and that cycle is so hard on your body. Time to make a change and just stick to it.

@brwnsuga6
    Welcome! This group is awesome :)

Today was a good, energetic day for me. I took my dog for a long walk by the river in the sunshine, and I was trekin. Got my heart rate up for sure. Then I came home and bagged 20 asbestos bags. Then I vacuumed and washed my floor. My apple watch is happy with me! Tacos tonight for dinner, so it should be pretty easy to track.

happy Tuesday everyone :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @changeforeverlj congratulations on a year of achievement.

Just went for another walk with my youngest and got out and got some sun. Need to drink some more today though. I read all the posts since I last posted. So just a small mid-week check in which I usually don’t get to during the week. Did well at meal planning and some cooking this week. I made lamb cabbage beet borscht last night which is sort of a new twist on a soup I used to make (beef cabbage borscht) and we got some apple pie for pie day.
    I now avoid beef and turkey but can have fish, chicken, pork or lamb. We are starting to build up on left-overs so may not have to cook as much later in the week.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight OMW your post resonated with exactly how I felt about celebrities during lock-down!! I got seriously sick of seeing them on the internet posting out of their mansions!!! UGH! Stretchy tight jegging pants are huge here, and I bought quite a few in the sales last year, they are all different kind of florals and you wear them quite tight, this morning a friend of mine made a few pairs smaller as they are still quite new. I haven't bought much either, but am enjoying just going into a normal shop and taking off the shelf, been 17 years of shopping in shops for larger ladies...much more expensive!!

That "Imagine" video with Gal Godot and a bunch of other celebrities was just the apex of tone-deafness! Yesterday I saw on Twitter that it was the one-year anniversary of that ill-conceived monstrosity...lol.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight Happy happy 50th, wishing you a beautiful celebration hike and road trip and happiness and good health going into this new decade!! <3 I love the idea of bird-watching and hiking!
  • goal06082021
    Options
    Oh man, @brwnsuga6 I haven't been skating in YEARS lol - my elementary school, in the 90s, would have "skating parties" about once a month at a local roller rink. I don't remember if it was supposed to be a fundraiser of some kind or if it was just a fun community thing the PTA organized. I was never confident on skates but I eventually got a pair of rollerblades that I got pretty good with.
  • goal06082021
    Options
    @hap2go I'm glad your mom is OK!

You did not gain 2.5 lbs of fat in three days unless you ate almost 9000 extra calories on top of your TDEE, so, don't worry too much about that.