Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Tarzan37 wrote: Β»

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Maybe you can start a meal delivery service and I can be your first customer! :)

I've contemplated it once I get down in weight and the chronic pain isn't so much of an issue. Though I don't know if I'll ever go full pro at it, that's its own thing with laws and regulations that are different from just making food for a friend.
  • Arralethe
    Arralethe Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight That's great news, congrats! (My dad's birthday is on the same day as yours, but he's in his 70s so has been jabbed already).

I had mine today - in England. I'm not sure but think I qualify early because I'm Fatty McFaterson. Either that or it's because I have depression and anxiety so am considered at a higher risk...
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight That's great news, congrats! (My dad's birthday is on the same day as yours, but he's in his 70s so has been jabbed already).

I had mine today - in England. I'm not sure but think I qualify early because I'm Fatty McFaterson. Either that or it's because I have depression and anxiety so am considered at a higher risk...

Thank you! And congrats on getting yours today! Whatever the reason, the more people who get vaccinated the quicker this will all end. Hope the second shot is smooth sailing!
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Thank you!! Message sent.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    Just got the best birthday present ever...Texas announced that adults over the age of 50 can get vaccinated as of March 15. I turn 50 on the 17th, so *just* in time!! :)

Yay! What good news!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @candyz01 welcome! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and you've taken it. Glad to have you here!

@Angief05 you're doing amazing!!! I have also seen some differences in how my work pants fit, it's almost bittersweet because on one hand, yeah! Evidence I'm smaller! But on the other hand, dang, now i gotta go buy pants soon. Idk about you but my experiences in buying pants to fit 50" hips and a 26" inseam have been frustrating at best - the mind boggles, how can pants be too big and too small at the same time???
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    SW- 257.2 (12.28.20)
    MSW- 243.4 (2.28.21)
    3/14- 242.6

Ugh... not great for 2 weeks but still a loss. I will try to eat closer to my calorie goal and not keep undercutting. I am a stubborn, slow learner here! One good thing is that I continue to lose inches. My waist has gone from 42" when I started to 38.75". I have also lost even more in my hips and butt. I need to remind myself that is a win.

Absolutely a win!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @Angief05 Pants too big is a good problem to have. Keep it up!

@Spotteddingo Less inches is DEFINITELY a reason to celebrate. Woohoo!!!

Both of these NSVs bring me joy. You ladies are doing great!
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @finngirl61 and @Laughter_Girl

Thank you for your encouragement... I certainly needed it today! Sometimes my inner negative self talk sits in the front row!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    A day late in posting this, but better late than never:

Name: Jane
    Height: 5' 9"
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    GW: Maintenance below 165

Weight tracking:
    Mar 1: 164.3 😯 - Went off the rails this weekend. But I know it's temporary. Just too much food in my gut.
    Mar 6: 162.3 😐 - Back to where I should be, but more than I was last Saturday
    Mar 13: 159.9 😍
    Mar 20:
    Mar 27:
    Mar 31:

Fitness goals:
    Weigh daily: 7/7
    Log food consistently: 6/7 - Started our Saturday doing well, but then I made Irish Soda Bread and gave up trying to log. It was another carb fest that I will pay for the rest of this week.
    Run 5x week/20 miles: 7/5, 21.4 miles
    On the water rowing 1x/week: Wasn't able to row last Sunday - too windy but did get some rowing in today
    10,000 steps/day: 7/7
    45 Zone Minutes/day: 7/7
    Miles ran MTD: 42.09
    Miles ran YTD: 185.6

Worked on running faster this week and all my runs were under a 10 minute pace.

Thrilled with the lower weight on Saturday and as is typical for me, used that good news to go a little hog wild over the weekend. Baked Irish Soda Bread on Saturday which I could not stop eating (it's in the freezer now) and since today was Pi day, I baked a Lemon Meringue Pie. Hoo boy that was the best pie I've ever had. I had one small slice today but we'll give the rest away tomorrow. My husband goes back to in person teaching tomorrow (he's fully vaccinated) so he can share it with his colleagues.
  • Arralethe
    Arralethe Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Morning, Monday is weigh day for me.

Height: 5'4"
    SW (11 Jan 2021): 250.6 (yikes, biggest ever)
    CW (1 March 2021): 236.6
    GW: 130

1/3/21: 236.6
    8/3/21: 237.4
    15/3/21: 234.4

Pretty pleased that last week's gain is gone plus a couple more pounds! I only managed 3 lots of BodyPump this week because work was hellish, but I'm cutting myself some slack.
    I had my vaccine on Saturday and am feeling very, very tired, headachey, a bit flu-ey, so I thinkI'll be taking it easy this week.