If you're married I have 3 questions for you...

Replies

• 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    5ofseven wrote: »
    I’m 36 and got married in 2010..... my wedding was around 45-50k not including the honeymoons.... I’m in the US 😁

Somebody is expensive 🤑

You aren’t wrong 🤣👸🏼😏

Some things are worth the expense. ;)
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Hmm..

1st wedding: 19, 1992, $500
    2nd wedding: 33, 2006, $12k

My daughter got married last summer. 27, 2020, about $30k
    She is an only child, I would have spent way more if she had let me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    currently 32, got married in 2014, all included it was about 20k.

Located in Maryland, USA so its a relatively expensive area to live/ throw parties.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    I'm 62. Been married 40 years. We paid $10 for the license, $20 to the minister & $20 to have the church cleaned afterward. Her mom made the dress, her sister made the cake & punch for the reception in the church basement, her brother took the pictures and our sister-in-law took care of the flowers (all were their wedding gifts to us). My tux cost $40. I paid $30 for the 3 three foot sub sandwiches and soda for our rehearsal dinner. So all totaled it cost us about $120 dollars. Times were different back in 1980 out here in boondocks!

Oops! I forgot the rings. They were expensive for us at the time. Between the 2 of us they cost around $400 (USA - btw).
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Currently 37. Married at 22 so married in 2006. USA. Wedding/rings/venue/food/dress(the most expensive part)/tuxedos etc. cost $1,500.00 Add in the honeymoon and we were at about $3,000 USD.

We didn't have a lot of money at the time so we cut corners where and when possible. We also did not have help from parents/family other than her dad (a mechanic) trading out car repairs for our wedding Cake, and my Mom putting/making together the food for the reception (that we paid for). We could and would have done it for less if necessary though we did have some money put aside for it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Currently 46. Married at 30 going on 31 in 2005. USA...wedding and reception was around $30K-$40K I believe. That was for the venue which was a hacienda outside of Santa Fe and included overnight there for my wife and I as well as the wedding party and parents of the bride and groom on the wedding night...food, alcohol (open bar), etc. My wife's parents paid for the wedding...I paid for the rings (which weren't particularly expensive as my wife and I were pretty broke at the time and both of us were just starting our careers), and my wife and I paid for the honeymoon is Roatan, Honduras which was nice and tropical with great scuba, but pretty inexpensive as destinations go.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm 34, got married in 2010 in the US, and our wedding was under $9000 (including a week long honeymoon.) The day was beautiful, the food and drink flowed freely, and our family and friends had a wonderful time, which was exactly what we wanted.

In hindsight, we could have spent even less than we did, but we're happy with how everything turned out. We also had a longer engagement than we needed to, I think - people thought it was weird that we were so young, but we really shouldn't have listened to them. :P
  • millymalaga
    millymalaga Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 54 now
    Got married in 1987 (still married)
    Cost just under £100 (English pounds) with the ring and the licence.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    1. 25
    2. 2009
    3. $100,000 CAD, to be honest probably more the band alone was 10K :D
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    1. 25
    2. 2009
    3. $100,000 CAD, to be honest probably more the band alone was 10K :D

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qfbl497q834rf3fm2s4i2jy220fy6ex82izhapi1&rid=giphy.gif

Did you mean you were 25 when you got married or were you really 13 when you got married?
  • stljam
    I’m 36 and got married in 2010..... my wedding was around 45-50k not including the honeymoons.... I’m in the US 😁

Somebody is expensive 🤑

I like the idea of multiple honeymoons. Wish I would have thought of that when I got married.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    stljam wrote: »

Somebody is expensive 🤑

I like the idea of multiple honeymoons. Wish I would have thought of that when I got married.

🤣🤣🤣 I wanted one immediately following but I wanted another when things settled down a bit as well 😝 it was genius actually!
  • stljam
    stljam wrote: »

Somebody is expensive 🤑

🤣🤣🤣 I wanted one immediately following but I wanted another when things settled down a bit as well 😝 it was genius actually!

Completely. We did non-traditional for ours (Canadien Rockies). We could have also done traditional and just had two. Oh the naivety of youth, lol.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    51, 17 years ago, £2000 registry office and buffet at home jobbie.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Still waiting for this theory, mind.
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    I am 35. I was married in 2010 and all included (and I do mean all) 357 us dollars.
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    41, 120K and 7 years ago
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    41, 120K and 7 years ago

oh my gosh, that is the price of my HOUSE.
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    41, 120K and 7 years ago

oh my gosh, that is the price of my HOUSE.
    It was a waste of $

To add fuel to the fire I have an mfp wife whose rent I paid too. Damn lockdowns