Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Sunday -- nice ride with threatening rain. It arrived just as we were loading the bicycles into the van.

ehv6xprcmbge.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies -yup its 4:30 am but i slept pretty well ,my big toe is giving me a big trouble.i know its gout.. i havent taken allopurinol in awhile guess i should get another script.. im taking lots of meds now just dont want to take more
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: calls: bank re: mortgage statement and escrow AGAIN, Spectrum to help printing statement; BP
    Bonus: glittery manicure visit with C, setup paperless MyCigna for Joe
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments. Monday: bank,
    Mindful March:
    28: Appreciate nature around you, wherever you are: stepped outside to view the moon with Joe. Air smelled good!

Heather thanks for another new-to-me word: groyne, I’d have called that a seawall or maybe a jetty.
    Margaret “not a top ten day” what an understatement. ER sent him to a closed clinic? Was the ER not associated with a hospital? IMHO that HIPA forbids letting a spouse know her spouse’s status is simply ridiculous. Letter not spirit of the law. Hope this experience improves your DH’s choices, and mitigates his stubbornness.
    Welcome @tinaonmove ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Brava for quitting smoking. What activities do you enjoy? It’s easier to move more doing things you like, dancing, walking, swimming, etc. To minimize prep, buy bags of prepped raw veggies for snacks, or frozen ones for soups and side dishes. Sometimes I’ll eat salad for breakfast just to try to get more veggies in… ;) You can do this, one baby step at a time!
    Alllie please do not feel bad about taking naps. You have been through the wringer and your body is trying to heal. Hope you have warm weather to enjoy.
    Tracey one dinner Mama said “clean your plate or its straight to bed with you.” It might have been her dread, squishy with nasty peels, zucchini. Most of the veggies I got were overcooked and unappetizing. Fine. Hopped up from the table and went straight to bed. That was the last time I was given that choice… ;) “Twister” Hahahahahahaha!
    Flea ((hugs)) year from hell indeed.
    Katla I loved the Beverly Cleary books too. RIP.
    Debbie what Machka said about stress causing hair to fall out. You sure have had a stressful time. ((hugs))
    Rebecca great Fridge notes!
    Pip your parents were beautiful but looked sad.
    Machka could you take a cooling neck wrap and personal fan with you on the bus?
    Katla our county moved up to the extreme risk category so all inside dining is forbidden. At least two of our few restaurants are permanently closed. The best bakery is closing, not because of restrictions, but because they cannot get people to work. Guess they can’t pay enough for people to want to start work at 3 am. Very very sad.
    Kim your Flavor Bible sounds intriguing. I like to cook but only when I want to. If I had to cook for Joe every day, well, it just wouldn’t be pretty.

Well pfui. Way over on calories, way under on steps, too much wine and fun. Time to sleep so can start fresh tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 22, weigh: 27, steps>5627=2444 :P vits=26.5, log=27, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=19 Shadow=19 mfp=27 outside=17 up hill=16
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=4 dance= clean 60 mins=7 packwalk=5, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 143.3 :rage:, 3/28 , 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=11 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Options
    There are two types of people in the morning ... guess which one I am!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndvy_qvGbGY
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Barbara - oregon coastie ,our covid numbers are going up,the state overall has a high rate of Vaccination but all the dopes thar went on speing break are bringing it back..
    I had an opportunity to go visit dear friends of mine for brunch yesterday, but until i get that second shot im going nowhere that is close proximity ...getting the 2nd shot tuesday
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Hello all.I posted a couple pictures,but guess I missed a step as they never showed up.Boo me!
    Would be nice if there were directions on line to copy & save.
    One thing done this past wk is deleting many sites from my IPad. Started realizing how few sites
    are even visited,let alone enjoyed. So that site is gone & really got on a roll. Why were they on there all this time?
    Feels good to have Ipad running lean & mean.Just done & over saving anything.

Love to see all your pictures & read about your lives.What an interesting bunch!

Our Grandaughter stores a few containers at our place.Yesterday she switched out Christmas deco for her shorts & sandals .We enjoyed just visiting ,then she was off to buy more sandals!
    Today,we have family from NC on Spring break. Our cupboard is bare,so it has to be odd for them not to get fed ..........but hopefully they realize being 3 wks out of surgery doesn’t add to the ambiance. Hub said we can enjoy visiting,but if not enough,he will call & cancel.He really would,so will just appreciate the family.

Bro in law has always been as healthy as anyone we know.He got second shot a wk ago & still feeling punk.Dr had no clue. He was starting to feel better yest.His good health kicking in.

What a great blessing our health is! Going to try a couple pictures,but don’t hold your breath. Pat C Ohio

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    DH went out for his walk with Max. They walked and talked (and talked!!!) for about two hours. :D They got right up to the windmill on the Downs and bought some refreshments.
    They didn't discuss the school problem, but DH just gave him a lot of attention. They had a lovely time, DH said. <3

I did my exercises while watching Deutschland 89. The Berlin Wall is falling. :p The footage of that always makes me cry. Then I tried to do some stuff on my tablet and it was playing up. It could be Sunday overload on the WiFi, or my tablet could be playing up. Phone also messed up though. :/
    I've rebooted my tablet now.
    Very tired after waking up very early.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Posting pictures:

1. Find a nice picture. You could google it and find something. You could spot a picture you like on Facebook. You could post your picture to an online album like Flickr or you could just have the picture saved on your computer.

dlaa0x9mv0eb.png

2. Right click on the picture, wherever it is. Select "copy image" or sometimes just "copy".

ketgel8gxcao.png

3. Come here and go to the box where you type. Right click in the box and click "paste". Wait. Count to 10. And then the link will appear!

bf5im7nz1vq2.png

Now, in case you read through these instructions and wondered how I got them ... I used a tool called Snipping Tool. It's another option you can play around with.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Sunday -- nice ride with threatening rain. It arrived just as we were loading the bicycles into the van.

ehv6xprcmbge.png

We drove about 50 km south-ish to where we did the bicycle ride ... and back. It was worth it because it is a scenic area and the route was good.

When we returned home, after dinner, we made apple freezer jam with the apples from our trees and a few extra apples. My husband has a corer and peeler "machine" so he did that part, then we cut them up together and I finished the job. We've got quite a few cute little jars of it in our freezer now. It's yummy! Great on things like waffles and pancakes. Also quite easy to do.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/apple-freezer-jam/dc746a1b-78ed-4e63-8efc-3aadb3e6453b

Then I ordered groceries and got some ingredients for Greek Salad. I love feta cheese and olives. I could have a "salad" of just those two ingredients but they are pretty salty so the cucumbers and tomatoes are probably a good addition.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a54226/best-greek-salad-recipe/

Back to work tomorrow, but short week ... thank goodness.

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Happy Sunday all! Rainy morning, here on the west coast of Michigan! The temps have dropped from the 70s (early this past week) to the 40s (today, yesterday and friday). My sinuses are feeling the pressure change. So annoying. I have added sinus meds to my daily vitamin regime.
    Friday we had our Kitchen Beach Party. It took about 45 minutes to set it up on Thursday night. Tarp, tape, 12 foot plank border, 250 lbs of sand. But, this little group of kids had a ball. I would say they spent seven hours of the ten hour day, in the sand. This is the first group I have had that has enjoyed sand THIS much. ab2qpoam0x37.jpg
    cvhab5x5q762.jpgicjdjhz7btg2.jpg
    cpgev945u5jm.jpg

I surprised myself by being able to pull the entire 250 lbs of sand out of the house on the tarp, across the drive, and was able to dump it into my small turtle sandbox, by myself. And yes, once the job was done, I put my arms in the air a'la Rocky and did a little victory dance in the driveway!
    Yesterday after I got my shopping finished and put away, I did a little paperwork for the Feast of the Strawberry Moon event for which I serve on the board. As per requested by the city, we have to have a COVID/Health and Safety Plan for the event. No one on the board wanted to write it up; so because I had to write one up for my childcare, I volunteered. It was not hard; but I am uncertain, with the mask/social distancing requirements, if we will even be able to have the event. I, personally, think it should be cancelled again, this year. Along with reenactors already letting us know that if they have to mask, they will not be appearing; we are also dealing with the fact that we rely on the community for financial backing. As a "resort" town, so many business are mom and pop style and they have been hit hard this past year. We are still trying to find funds to hold the event. Anyway, it is something that I have had to tell my brain to just let it go. Whatever happens, happens. I have done my part, this year, so far. (The ambitious and driven part of my personality is still wrestling with this; can you tell?)
    Heather- Love the beach pic!
    Machka- Your salad sounds wonderful!
    tinaonmove and other newbies- Welcome to a group of very chatty; yet wonderfully supportive women! We do talk about nutrition, exercise, what works for us, what interests us, what bothers us, family life, relationships....it all affects the health choices we make. This little group has been a life raft for me for the past five (plus) years. My name is Kelly (KJ). I am 5'8 and currently weigh 250. (2020 I gained about 20 pounds.) I am 54 years young, married for 31 years, three grown children (one of which is married and lives in Texas with my two grandsons), full time childcare provider for 27 years. I was slim (underweight) through my childhood and through the birth of my children. I hit perimenopause in my mid forties and the weight started coming. I think, because I was tall, active, and I have a hubby who constantly complimented the extra curves, it was easy to NOT see it coming. So basically in less than ten years, I have gained 100 lbs. I remember the days after I had kids, when I would notice extra weight and would just do a bit more or eat a bit less and would have five pounds off in a week. It does not come off as easily as it did when I was younger. I am sure mindset has a LOT to do with it. Then you add the stresses of life= financial stress, parent loss, sibling loss, loss of physical abilities, loss of social circle due to kids growing up... BUT WE CAN DO THIS. I am not one to give up. Especially on myself. So please, new ladies, tell us about you! Whatever you feel comfortable sharing. Where are you from (be as general or specific as you like)? Family? Work? Stresses?

Have any of you ladies watched the Mercury 13 documentary on Netflix? It is amazing! The things I never knew, that I never knew! lol I watched and was angry, sad, happy. A very bittersweet documentary about the struggles of women in the flight/aerospace community.

Well, I better get busy. Today is my cooking and cleaning day. The local schools are also on Spring Break next week, which means I will have at least one (maybe two or three) older kids; so I better begin prep for that. Sending love and hugs to all who need them. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi you guys, now i missed 10 days. for me it's not catchupable. i skim between, read several pages after last post and last several pages by you guys.

I love the flower pics

Finally our "lockdown" is extra-light.
    You can go out for 10km for unlimited time. That's a bit bigger than the size of paris.
    It actually seems freer, because the curfew is 1h later now: 7pm instead of 6pm.
    I had an appointment that finished at 7pm Friday and i had to bring a self-authorization, giving motive (work-related) in case i was stopped on the way home! :D
    Tracey: “I was raised on meat, potatoes and vegetables (usually yucky canned peas and beans). The only spices were salt and pepper. I wouldn’t and still don’t eat pepper.”

In my family my dad disliked fresh food so we had meat potatoes and canned veggies too. i liked hamburgers only, pasta with butter and potatoes, and not vegetables till i was 12 and (after my parents split and i needed to pick out food if i didn't want to eat hotdogs and beans (yuck!!!) which he ate every night!, I started loving veggies. i think its the combo of getting older (puberty-taste changes) and having fresh crunchy veggies and not sad canned grey-green beans.
    I almost never eat canned veggies (except some sauces) but frozen can be quite a decent quick fix. I get frozen without any sauce, etc.. It seems closer to fresh.

Anecdote (i'm probably repeating). My grandma was so happy for the accessibility of canned soup way back in the 30s (probably when it became easily accessible or affordable where she was). Until then her DH was firmly against uncooked lunch/dinner on Sundays. the canned soup allowed her a day off.

Barbara and Terri thanks for the shout out after my last post!
    Terri you wrote "food" to see you posting again. a reasonable slip for this site ! LOL

Machka ha ha for the cookie cutter and the easter egg joke! For sure about quiet time!

Heather great job on the website! i would not plan for a place w 3 flights of stairs even now, though my health is reasonably good. Just for groceries etc. i had a 5th floor walk up in my late 20s, which was fine except that one time i had the wicked fever, but since 30s it so happens that i have an elevator and it suits me just fine, especially for bringing home groceries.

Lisa I'm sorry you couldn't make it to your friend's to be by her side after her mom passed. It is a total frustration to have loved ones so far away, and it's not an easy or wise time to travel.

Annie, I'm so sorry about Steve. You don't necessarily need to lose weight. My sister is/was way overweight and she got herself a local guy (DH#2 for her) well after 50. it didn't happen in the snap of a finger, but they have long been married. She had her mind set on him and after a few months or a bit less than a year, of on and off he came around and now they continue their lives together.

Machka what do you want to next ? question

Allie it sounds like you are getting back to normal life somewhat. that's great! Wierd how tastes can change.
    Right now : have lunch with a bit of flavor (spicey or something a bit jazzy in flavor), go back out for a walk and sit in nice weather and write a bit (notes), also want to watch yesterdays SNL clips!
    Later: at least read a bit of the weekend newspaper i bought yesterday.

Next week, next moth : produce many good pages of writing for my research, apply for 1 or 2 jobs in mean time (that's the purpose of doing the long term writing and there is annual candidacy for job apps, open for 4 weeks, 2 already passed).

Over next year: finish this major writing project well and get a job that has better conditions!

Next weeks : have outside cocktail again with neighbor (i live alone and last week we had a cocktail -tiny cup of wine bought to go- outside on a bench in little park, before curfew- it was a good compromise!)

Not much at all of this week's goals on track.
    But weather is spring-like.
    I attended a 3h "shut up and write" online session (15 min chatting, 45 min writing w video and audio off). the conversations are variable; the 1st was more of a hi, how are you. the 2nd of general interest and not bad. the 3rd about online pubquizzes- basically 15 min of self-promotion of 1 guy and not that interesting in my book, but 2 out of 3 aint bad and it DID get me writing some. i think it contributed to my ok to goodish mood at this moment.

the very springlike weather helps too.

Also the vibe in our collective (worker's rights) is good at present. I was getting some grief and have had to put my foot down quite a few times. people seem appreciative of my work at present and respectful, something that has not always been the case.

I also see the massive amount of work i have to do. :o
    see next post !

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    This month's goals posted March 1 or so here.
    1.WORK AND REVENUE
    A. writing obligations
    -7h per day on this, weekdays not at all!
    - excellent relation with director yes quite good, at least last meeting, this is big progress. i remain wary, wait and see.
    -write 75 pages not at all!
    -good prep for presentation and Q & A excellent!
    - review plan and send plan to director by mail and by post yes
    -get feedback from peer or higher up 1st week in march. not really
    - going to office 1x a week not 1x a week but at least 1x!
    -Improve online visibility a) update website b) put online file on webiste of V., S.1. and S.2 not done
    -1 application accepted (for project event, etc) not tried, not accepted
    -Sign up C. look through online talks and listen to most pertinent ones. not done and deadlines past
    -read at least 10 references recommended by S. not done
    - double check writing of training contracts done
    Remaining from February
    -look into organizing exhibit in usa for teachers in my school (sadly that is often what is done to get in good standing at our school) not done
    -Look at "in-house" ads I dowloaded and sort which ones are conceivable in view of my profile -Do rough application (CV and other docs) for those my ap is possible for not done
    -check deadlines for those jobs (in a couple of months I think) done

B.Follow up usual teaching work
    Remaining from February
    -Write class description not done
    -contact P 1 more time about partnership, then write recap regardless . not done
    -School B
    Remaining from February
    Prepare next legal answer (many pages)
    15 min 2-3 times a week working on file (very complex and long) not done, but no deadline yet- will get at least 1 month notice

2. COMMUNITY & PEEPS
    - keep going out for walks for coffee yes!
    -go to office or library 1x a week 1 x in month so far

3.HEALTH
    A.FOOD
    -aim for 24 BMI by end of month need to weigh self tomorrow morning, unlikely.
    -TRACK EATING & CALORIES Current MFP proposal. 1220 cal net per day. have not tracked much at all!
    Aim for 0-2x a week max foods with sugar cane. yes!
    Aim for 5 different types of veggie per day (soup?!) sometimes!

B.ACTIVITY :
    -30 min/day walk 6x a week, any pace yes!
    -at least 15 min 2x a week on recumbent, at 115 HR minimum sometimes!
    -at least 2x 10 min upper body stuff (weights, stretches, twists, etc.), during cycling or not. no!
    -15-60 min/day pottering at home. often

C.TEETH
    -Find good dentist, schedule dental work went to dentist 3 who seems better
    - contact ortho no

D.ENDOCRINOLOGIST APPOINTMENT
    pay not yet!
    get blood test not yet!

E. THERAPIST
    - continue yes, not dramatic results but probably slightly helpful to feel less lonely

4.FINANCES

- Keep budget, and register expenditures MIMO (money in, money out) no
    - 15 min per day on financial stuff occasionally
    - Deal with fines a bit
    - Deal with taxes no
    - 1 tax form done no
    - all bills paid on time not sure - not sure if i got new bills!
    - reduced housing application 1 step no

5.SPIRITUAL GOALS
    -Meditate at least 15 min per day 5 days a week often
    - Aim to be off screen at least from midnight to 4 am (preferably more) often

6. HOME GOALS
    -Tidy 15 min per day in 1 area per week often/sometimes
    call expert and make appointment about painting bathroom yes, appointment made!
    -Get earth and 1 plant for balcony plant yes, earth no
    - get one nice cozy thing for home no
    - call L. I can't remember who or what L is! LOL!

7.OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL
    - three 2h sessions with helper 1 session so far, and one planned for tomorrow, it's conceivable to add one for tuesday if there is enough to do

8.WORKERS RIGHTS
    -follow up letters with O yes, many done! great and continuous work
    - work on letter to ddd yes ! done today actually, working little by little with O over past weeks when free time, waiting for Y who's preparing PJ today.

So one can see: many things not accomplished,
    majorly : writing (little done relative to goals)
    tracking : am stable though and not in binge mode reasonably healthy, not ideal but could be worse!
    Cleaning: apartment looks pretty bad today. helper coming tomorrow means i'll have to make it a bit better.
    Washing machine broke 2 or 3 weeks ago, which doesn't help. i have to order new one but was backed up (and now so is my laundry becoming- i'm glad to discover i have a good amount of socks and undies)

Accomplished/maintained :
    worker's rights tasks - lot done- and well.
    good presentation and relation with writing director
    sent out plan to director
    meditating
    walking a bit
    met 2 x friend for walk and/or sit on bench

lots of other stuff not accomplished.

mood ok though, weirdly.

i think it's
    partly
    spring,
    partly the so-so group online writing session this morning
    partly the good vibe and accomplishments in collective that i'm main co-founder of and main leader of.

Risk: this seems a risk very common for women. (some decades ago i was lent a research book saying basically - for what it's worth - then men's self-realization is often through personal progress and for women it's often through community connection)

putting major energy in to collective work things, which may or may not work out and may or may not be beneficial to me, but not putting energy into medium/long term things essential to my work and life personally - as some/all/most of the guys are...

I could end up somewhat sad or angry in 2 years or so!
    some are progressing professionally and helping one another and i may not so much.

They say that "giving" and "volunteering" (and activism crosses over into volunteering), is more happy making than some things. i have never been one to been easily able to say "ok let's do charity work to feel or be good." sometimes my heart is totally into the volunteer work and i don't give it a second thought - it seems like a must- and can give masses of time, over weeks, months or years.

That it seems to be going forward at present and with a good vibe, (though we do not know the final results) presumably contributes to my and our positive feelings.

I have had situations before where i felt some mixed feelings about time invested, after a couple of years. I had seen it coming and then had mixed results in end. it's hard not to put in time when it feels essential but i think about this possible risk to not sustain myself enough.

i guess i motivating thing could be (if i'm more motivated by helping others than myself) could be that if i help myelf i'm in a better position to continue to help others. something along the lines of Entryism ( a term i just heard of for the 1st time a few months ago).

For whatever reason i don't have as strong a self-protective vein with foresight as many do. i'm rather sure it's family and gender-related. (role models in family and around me in growing up and in life now)

ok time for a walk. i'm tempted by a GF "sunday" pastry...

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛💙
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Morning again ladies
    I am laying low after doing a load of laundry because both my big toes are really bothering me.on my instacart order I ordered some tart cherry juice that should help a bit...
    Annie think it was you that uses the biochemic phosphates i tried them last night although your supposed to put them under your tongue but dopey me swallowed them with water. Well it did help ,woke up and took some tylenol and 10 mg of melatonin.. that helped too..
    Watching the cooking shows on food network
    I enjoy it
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: calls: bank re: mortgage statement and escrow AGAIN, Spectrum to help printing statement; BP
    Bonus: glittery manicure visit with C, setup paperless MyCigna for Joe
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments. Monday: bank,
    Mindful March:
    28: Appreciate nature around you, wherever you are: stepped outside to view the moon with Joe. Air smelled good!

Heather thanks for another new-to-me word: groyne, I’d have called that a seawall or maybe a jetty.
    Margaret “not a top ten day” what an understatement. ER sent him to a closed clinic? Was the ER not associated with a hospital? IMHO that HIPA forbids letting a spouse know her spouse’s status is simply ridiculous. Letter not spirit of the law. Hope this experience improves your DH’s choices, and mitigates his stubbornness.
    Welcome @tinaonmove ! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Brava for quitting smoking. What activities do you enjoy? It’s easier to move more doing things you like, dancing, walking, swimming, etc. To minimize prep, buy bags of prepped raw veggies for snacks, or frozen ones for soups and side dishes. Sometimes I’ll eat salad for breakfast just to try to get more veggies in… ;) You can do this, one baby step at a time!
    Alllie please do not feel bad about taking naps. You have been through the wringer and your body is trying to heal. Hope you have warm weather to enjoy.
    Tracey one dinner Mama said “clean your plate or its straight to bed with you.” It might have been her dread, squishy with nasty peels, zucchini. Most of the veggies I got were overcooked and unappetizing. Fine. Hopped up from the table and went straight to bed. That was the last time I was given that choice… ;) “Twister” Hahahahahahaha!
    Flea ((hugs)) year from hell indeed.
    Katla I loved the Beverly Cleary books too. RIP.
    Debbie what Machka said about stress causing hair to fall out. You sure have had a stressful time. ((hugs))
    Rebecca great Fridge notes!
    Pip your parents were beautiful but looked sad.
    Machka could you take a cooling neck wrap and personal fan with you on the bus?
    Katla our county moved up to the extreme risk category so all inside dining is forbidden. At least two of our few restaurants are permanently closed. The best bakery is closing, not because of restrictions, but because they cannot get people to work. Guess they can’t pay enough for people to want to start work at 3 am. Very very sad.
    Kim your Flavor Bible sounds intriguing. I like to cook but only when I want to. If I had to cook for Joe every day, well, it just wouldn’t be pretty.

Well pfui. Way over on calories, way under on steps, too much wine and fun. Time to sleep so can start fresh tomorrow.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 22, weigh: 27, steps>5627=2444 :P vits=26.5, log=27, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=19 Shadow=19 mfp=27 outside=17 up hill=16
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=4 dance= clean 60 mins=7 packwalk=5, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 143.3 :rage:, 3/28 , 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=11 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

They did have a hard life, I would b sad too
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Kim - that sounds like the book I need. Not knowing what goes together is one of my biggest issues.

Barbara - I agree that privacy laws have been taken a bit too far. I think they have their place but taken too far. When my cousin attempted suicide in January, in her irrational state she told the hospital not to tell her husband what was going on she told them they could tell her son. In doing this it caused her son to have to be the one to make the decision to have her committed. After the first day she was frantic and upset that her husband hadn’t been in contact, but she didn’t know she had said he couldn’t in the state she was in. It took 4 days before someone told her what she had done and she was mortified. In the meantime, her husband was ready to leave. He didn’t know what he had done to make her decide that but was willing to do whatever was necessary to keep her safe. It was a mess. I believe if he had been able to be told she wasn’t making rational decisions things would have been better all around. They are still trying to repair the damage that it all created.

I went to bed hungry a few nights too.
    I don’t fight with children to eat, I make them what they want because of my upbringing.

Kelly - this is the third year that I have read about your “kitchen beach party” and every time I am amazed that you think to do this. The kids enjoy it so much.
    I’ve been seeing events and such being planned and am wondering why anyone is doing it this year too. The amount of work and costs that it takes to make successful events is a commitment and it’s disheartening when things don’t work out.

My maternal Grandmother weighed around 110-112lbs she was a short lady. Every Sunday she weighed herself and if her weight was a bit up she restricted herself the next week until she was back down to the size 10. She would eat a half grapefruit and 1 slice of toast for breakfast, a small lunch and small dinner. She never snacked even when her weight wasn’t up. There was always chips, baked goods, etc in the house though. I wish I had more of her discipline.

Julie - it always reminds me how times have changed when we mention how “he would or wouldn’t” eat this or that. My MIL for years wouldn’t cook anything but meat, potatoes and vegetables as my FiL didn’t like it so she didn’t want him to have to smell it. Now she makes it and tells him to leave the room if he doesn’t like it. She still makes something different for him though.

I have to go get some groceries and then I have to do some training for the new payroll program at work. We will be starting the “day in the life” scenarios this week and I still have not gotten the training more than 10% completed. I don’t like having to use my personal time for it but there is no time at work to get it done.

Tracey in Edmonton