WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    i missed 4 days. i find it hard to read all with such an abundantly fed thread. i'll catch up as we go along.
    i think i did read and respond to personals. if i missed one please forgive me.

i love so many salads and dressings, it's impossible to choose. But at home my most common go-to dressing is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper.
    Sometimes i add in one or some of the following: gomasio, cumin, tahini or "other" :D
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, DDS.
    Bonus: fire district email followups, Bank, Post Office, Freddie’s, veg prep.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, chiropractor, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments, First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Mindful March:
    17: Look around and spot 3 things you find unusual or pleasant: try again tomorrow ;)
    18: If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down:

Just skimmin’ as I’m pretty sleepy.

Pip that is a very cool looking trailer.
    Katla that is a very very long time to be suffering with a headache.
    Heather, what Allie and Margaret said. You must set a good example of self-care for Johnny, right?
    Debby in VA I’ve had Mohs surgery 3 times and very grateful for it, but I’d get a second opinion on the bad ear and lumps in the neck, pronto.
    Alllie so sorry for your loss.
    Julie good to see you posting, you were missed.

Now can I make it to bed and to sleep without loading anything else into my gaping maw?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 17, weigh: 17; steps>5627=4569 vits=17, log=17, CI<CO=14, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=15 Shadow=15 mfp=17 outside=11 up hill=10
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=2 dance= clean 60 mins=1.25 packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 , 3/28 , 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=8 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    m8ahhurbyc64.png

:mrgreen:
  • Machka9
    Options
    b88uwvvjbrkb.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    Heather: ~ Impressive resume.

Allie: ~ You have to take care of yourself first, in order that you will be fit enough to take care of others. So,sorry about your neighbour.

Debbie: 🤗 🤗 🤗 Hope it all works out.

Machka: ~ I think many people are doing a lifestyle rethink. DED has relished not having a two hour commute each way to her job. Her boss has as much as said that they won't be back in the office full time when it's all over. She works for the government in IT, so no real reason to be tied to an office. If only all employers were as savvy about keeping a happy workforce.

Julie: ~ Food to see you posting again. It's so hard to get caught up. 😂
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    When I asked Dr Google about my fast heart beat at night he said it was very common and nothing to worry about. Unless you feel dizzy, or breathless, or pain. No, none of those.
    Another AF day for me! I had about 15 mins of it being a bit fast last night. I had some cider at dinner time.

My friend has given in her notice at the agency. 4 weeks. I hope she doesn't change her mind again. She will have to sell up in York, but then should have a decent lifestyle with the proceeds. My only worry is that her Portsmouth apartment is up three long stone flights of stairs. She is currently very fit for her age, but we all know that anything can happen! I'm happy that we could live on the ground floor of this house if we had to.

I'm slowly winning my battle with Duolingo to complete the German course without having to pay. It's not so much that I don't want to pay, but I resent the sneaky way they have gone about it. I've resorted to using my phone to look everything up before I answer the questions, because they only allow you a few mistakes. When I have finished the next nine exercises I am abandoning it for something else as they have alienated me so much. I am on a 483 day streak.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Crazy busy. Stay safe! Make good choices!
    Thank you!
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,690 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    We are supposed to be getting some heavy rain today,we need the rain having quite a few brush fires here in Connecticut.
    Today i have to take Homer to vet he has a growth underneath near his private parts .We are hoping it is treatable as he is an old man of 15,Tom worried more about him than himself..
    Here in Connecticut they are letting you pick which vaccine you want to get in hopes that more people sign up.. I am sticking with moderna even though i might be under the weather for a day or 2 but it also has the highest success rate.
    Today me and ,DD and DGD go for haircuts and coloring.. lord i need it its been 4 months and my gray is showing alot!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Terri love the flowers. <3

Allie they want you to stay with same vaccine. The recommendation is not to put a diffenrent one in the mix. Everyone reacts differently. DH only had slight aching. I had achy eyes, tiredness, and nauseous. I feel fine now. Looking forward to March 26th. DH didn't get memo he is going to take a trip to visit relatives before his two week waiting period is over. This is how he has been all along. He takes more risks than I do. He doesn't quite get his risks are my risks.
  • Machka9
    Options
    oup2b0xs8y2y.png

Enjoying the exercise!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,529 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Lisa - (((X))) When you love your friends you really, really feel what they are going through. Barbie had good advice.
    I wouldn't be going anywhere without double vaccine.

Margaret - They say 5 days after 2nd vac here. ;)

I'm proud of myself again today. Most of you know by now that I am a technophobe. I started creating a website over a year ago, but I still haven't got it into a state I could actually publish. It’s just sitting there and I haven't even dared to look at it for months. Today I opened it and managed to put a half decent photo of myself on there! Hooray! I then downloaded the app onto my phone as well, but I haven't yet got it on my laptop. Baby, baby steps. I'm not writing at the moment, as I'm having a break before editing, so I thought I ought to do something positive! I just get panicky when I try to do anything technical that I'm not familiar with.
    The reason I even looked at it was because of me talking about being envious of my DDIL. I know I've got to walk the walk. :*

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options