Down 9.6 lbs in first three weeks. This works!

I lost 3 lbs this week. I now have only 97 lbs more to loose. Ugh....

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I lost 3 lbs this week. I now have only 97 lbs more to loose. Ugh....

Congratulations! Well done <3
    Keep at it. What you're doing is working. And don't get discouranged if loss slows down (the first weeks are always fastest), or you even see a bit more on the scale (fluid fluctuations, hormones, etc). hat's totally normal. But please feel free to post if this happens and you feel sad <3
    Hey, instead of saying you still have 97lbs to go you could set yourself many smaller goals. What weight would make you happy to start with? A weight from 3 years ago? 20lbs less? Then this becomes a lot more manageable.
  • 963Nitro
    963Nitro Posts: 82 Member
    You got this! Keep it up and if you need some motivation feel free to friend request!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Thank you. My first goal was to get below 300 lbs. My new goal is 20 lbs. That was my highest weight ever until now. After that I think I will be fine with just loosing enough to feel comfortable in my skin. I actually ran twelve 5k races in 2019 all while over 250 lbs. I like fitness goals better than weight loss. My husband is very overweight as well. He is on board and we are just better together. Planning a beach trip mid May. Already bought a suit a size smaller.

12 5K races in a year at over 250 lbs? That's awesome! I feel better chasing fitness goals too. COVID really derailed me. I lost access to my usual workouts (weights and a pool) so my routine was totally thrown off. I tried walking to keep up my activity level, but my crummy knee wasn't used to that kind of constant use. And most of my fitness goals were to keep running races, or hike really challenging places, also shut down from COVID. It played mean mind games with me and took me a long time to develop new routines and slowly backtrack and build up my endurance with my knee.

Congratulations on every little goal you meet! You're going to look and feel fantastic in your swimsuit :)
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Yes, celebrate the small things and set small goals! Good job, you're off!
  • donialetaif
    donialetaif Posts: 2 Member
    hi, Iwanna lose weight, please any advice
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    hi, Iwanna lose weight, please any advice

Hi, Donia.

Read the forums. There’s so much advice in all the threads it’ll make your head burst!

Seriously, the general and food threads are very helpful, and the success stories threads are extremely motivating.

Read and listen and learn and thrive.
  • aatishchavan
    aatishchavan Posts: 7 Member
    how. please elaborate
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    how. please elaborate

See above.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Congrats on your early success Hollie, Sounds like you got more success just around the Corner! Have a very happy Easter weekend! :smiley:
  • Annawan24
    Annawan24 Posts: 287 Member
    That's fantastic, congratulations! Keep up the great work.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member

I actually ran twelve 5k races in 2019 all while over 250 lbs. I like fitness goals better than weight loss.

Congratulations on your 12 5ks that is amazing! One per month! And I am the same way, weight loss feels like focusing on what I can't do (ie eating tons of french fries and drinking too much chardonnay) instead of a fitness goal, which focuses on what I CAN do... ie go out for a run...

I'm trying to change my mindset. I need to lose 15 pounds to be at a normal BMI, but really need to lose 30-35. I know I would run SO much faster! And hopefully less chaffing.

Good luck on your journey! I'm cheering for you!

• nholton8
    nholton8 Posts: 12 Member
    Kudos! Keep on keeping on!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    edited April 2021
    @SavageMrsMoose BodyGlide is a godsend for chafing, everywhere from heels to thighs to bingo wing area. It goes on like a stick deodorant but it’s invisible, not greasy, and doesn’t stain.

I no longer focus on what I can’t eat, but what I can. I enter everything in the morning and tweak as I go along. No greater joy than looking forward to my frothy chai teas, afternoon fruit bowl, evening pudding, or realizing I can squeeze a few calories out for an extra snack. Lunch today is a salad with chopped steak and bacon and freezedried blueberries on top. Talk about looking forward to something! Yummmmmm....

It just, unfortunately, takes a while to reach that perspective, versus looking forward to the M&Ms hidden in the desk drawer and the Geneva cookies stashed behind the flour bin (where no one else in this family would look!)