JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    JFT
    April 1st
    Finish the Car Newsletter
    Hour Walking...goal 6K steps up
    Organize papers for Taxes (yes, I am a procrastinator)
    Staying true to no processed sugar: 25th day free (have to take blood test in May)....want to get off cholesterol meds

Thanks All!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So JFT April 1st!

- 8 waters ✔️
    - Be in the GREEN✔️
    - Weigh all my food! ✔️
    - Try get 10k steps or exercise.✔️

Yay :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Tea! Grade 6 late essays.
    2. Read for half an hour.
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Input OnePager check, WM Project check.
    4. GED test. Finish late classwork.
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Grade Topic & Thesis, WM 5-8. Walk at sculpture park.
    7. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pork chops?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. That is a HUGE set of grading for tomorrow, but if I can get through it, I'll be set. I'll just need to review my lessons for the return from break.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    It’s10:30. I’ve closed my diary but am not ready to go to bed. Hubby is having a beer and a snack. I’m trying not to cave, but damn it’s hard. I actually have calories left, I just don’t want to eat this late. Basically I’m typing this to remind me that it’s ok... 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Thursday

-1999 calories, start the new month off ahead of the curve 1882 24 days without going off the rails
    -Work out for 90 minutes, start the new month off ahead of the curve 87 minutes

For Friday:

-1999 calories
    -Work out for 90 minutes

• pridesabtch
    S

JFT Thursday
    - Work from home :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Let V drive to swim :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Family dinner at SIL :smiley:

Y’all have a great day!

Ok so I didn't shower... No excuse really, just didn't feel like it.

I let V drive to Walmart before swim and for the first time ever I had to grab the wheel out of her hand lest we die. Okay, we wouldn't have died, but her cute little VW Bug would have been crunched. She took a turn in an area with 2 lanes side by side and wasn't staying in her lane. Horns honked, it was scary. She did, however, drive back from swim with no incidents. It's a good thing momma takes drugs...

After last nights post, I managed not to eat or have a beer. I'm sort of proud of myself as I have decided not to eat after 8:00pm assuming dinner is before then (it isn't always). I didn't eat much yesterday, which is why I was hungry, but I survived. I woke up really hungry also, but I don't want to go over today just because I was a little under yesterday. Another family type dinner tonight as my niece is in from out of town. Trying to save calories for that. I did well yesterday at dinner, especially considering it was spaghetti, and I love spaghetti. I ate a small portion and splurged on 2 pieces of garlic bread. Yummo!

Actually toying with having an eating window between 11:00am and 8:00pm during the work week.

Feeling better about things today, not sure why, but I'll take it.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Leave work at 2:00
    - Shower
    - Take V to swim, she can drive (Lord be with me)
    - Dinner with the family
    - Log food
    - Eat only between 11:00 & 8:00
    - Go to grocery and get lunch meat for the rowing team's Saturday Regatta.

Have a lovely day peeps!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193
    SW: April 2: 190.4

Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.
    Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.
    April 2: 190.4 --- not the best week.. but I am still down 5.2 pounds for the first 3 months of this year. So I will look at the positives.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    JFT, Friday
    1. NO nite time snacking.. get back to doing this. The past week, because of being overly tired, I know I ate too much, and the scale proved it to me. Just can't seem to lose those last 12 pounds!
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go for a walk. This is what I have been missing this entire week. I love walking .. mentally and physically. Need to get back to doing that.
    4. Other tasks: clean house, vacuum downstairs, finish binding quilt, color some easter eggs, clean out refrigerator, break up recycle boxes in garage, work on pc boards to help hubby, work in the yard... its suppose to start getting warmer again.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    When I woke without alarm, I was ready to tackle some spring cleaning. Busy day so far but still posting for my own accountability.

Recap 4/1 Maundy Thursday
    1) Move hourly :smiley: 11/14 & 13.9K (should walked 42 more steps :p )
    2) Walk dog in afternoon :smiley: 3.68 mi happy me & happy dog
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water :neutral: -110 & 10c
    4) GA-IT FY21 prep / 2:00 webinar (pace) / submit PRO, PAR & KRONOS s/s / update Project Status s/s / keep up w/ emails / pack for M in office = 6/6
    5) To-do list / 7:00 Maundy Thursday service = 2/2
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS :s / Voltaren / no alarm (PTO Good Friday) = 3/5

JFT 4/2 Good Friday
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog after hubby leaves 3pm for work
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water
    4) Swept & scrubbed lino floors / washed towels / scheduled cc pmt / downloaded cc & LCEF activity / updated finance s/s / scrub toilets / declutter 15 min. / other chores?
    5) 7:00 Tenebrae service
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / no alarm Sat.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    @ZizzyBumble - congratulations on reaching your goal! That shows that your hard work and dedication paid off.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sorry I didn’t post goals this morning. The day escaped 😊. Thank you for the congratulatory messages on meeting my weight loss goal. I suspect the hard work now begins! It’s so tempting to give in to every temptation and so much easier to justify the indulgences 😊. There’s a slippery slope ahead .....
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    @jeschepp - I think you had every right to be concerned. Not just for yourself but for your grandparents. I have learned there are some things I just don't discuss with some people because they can be so judgemental. I'm glad you had a friend that had your back.

@pridesabtch - Sorry V has to have injections, hopefully it helps her. Could the teary mood be related to the thyroid too? I remember teaching my daughters to drive, there were some drives that I'm sure I sprouted greys right on the spot!

@mytime6630 - I was thinking today that I need to get my clothes on and go for a small walk. I was warned to take it slow to build up my hips again.

I was so busy from the minute I walked in the door at work yesterday until I left that I didn't get a chance to post, my thought was to post last night but my friend really needed to have a chat, so I chatted with her for 2 hours. I did have my goals in mind though and managed to keep them.

JFT - Friday April 2
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Friday:

-1999 calories 1657. 25 days below 2000
    -Work out for 90 minutes 99 minutes

For Saturday:

-1999 calories
    -Work out for 90 minutes

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Tea! Grade WM 5-8 and enter.
    2. Read for half an hour. Max's story! Choose orgs for donations?
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Grade & enter T&T.
    4. Movie & laundry. Lesson plans for poetry unit.
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Length requirement script. Walk at sculpture park.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Pork chops?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Zoo Sunday!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Didn't quite get ALL the grading done. The evening slowed me down a LOT. But all the late work is done and I'm feeling confident.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    I swear I posted last night! Didn't I? I was pretty tired so I think I just read comments and then closed the laptop lol. Ah well, it's the weekend! I think this will be a wash week due to high stress and some slips with healthy habits. It's going to happen and that's part of the process. I just need to be proud of the steps I did take and that I am getting back on track. I did make one genius revelation-foam rolling! If anyone else struggles with super sore muscles after workouts I highly recommend it!

JFT Friday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ❌
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Saturday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    go for a walk
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@bex953172 Thank you for the kind words about my family stress. I agree, usually I enjoy being the outsider so I am not involved in all of the dysfunction, but sometimes it’s hard to feel like the outsider in my own family. I appreciate the understanding!

@snowflake1968 Thank you! I appreciate you hearing my perspective. I usually remember to be guarded with my family but some days I slip and then quickly get reminded. I agree, my priority should my the health of my grandparents (and me!) and not the opinions of others.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 920 Member
    I just forgot to post yesterday as I wasn't online much. I'm very happy that I've finally had my roof repaired, fingers crossed no more leaks. Then I spent the afternoon pottering in the garden, with my grandson and his 2 dogs following me around. It's lovely but I find it very hard on my back, so annoying to have to sit and rest it, makes me feel old!
    So I didn't get to walk as that was enough for my back, never mind, I enjoy spending time in the garden.

Today will be much the same

JFT Saturday 3rd April

Eat sensibly, under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Walk?
    Or outside jobs
    Laundry

There will be no Easter eggs as I don't buy them for myself, so hopefully it being Easter won't cause any diet damage.

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited April 2021
    cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Fri 2 April:
    • Meditation 😀
    • Weigh/post weight 😀
    • Outdoor walk 😏 Knee was playing up so passed on this.
    • Buy fresh fish for freezer😀
    • Laundry 😀
    • Daily Chores 😃
    • Puzzles: 😀Watch TV: 📺
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'🤓
    • Keep up to date with email 📱
    • Daily goals update😀

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 2

This week has been busy, but I’ve been sticking at it. We are now allowed to meet in groups of 6 in private gardens, so we delivered birthday gift to DEGS who has been working from home and hasn’t been able to see family since Christmas. Hoping to be able to meet with DED and DYGS over Easter.

Both my girls (they’re in their 50s) got their first jab this week
    Terri 🦄
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    So Friday was good, I was just over in calories I think, but I had exercised most of them back. Although I wasn't entirely convinced by the MFP calories burnt by cleaning (they seemed too high)

Yesterday was a rubbish. I barely ate anything in the day and then had a takeaway with Ash, so realistically I could be within my calories but there was no nutritional info for the food and I couldn't even begin to guess.
    But I also went for a walk yesterday for about maybe 50 mins.
    Didn't reach 10k steps though.

So today I'm going to have a more structured day. (hopefully)

- 8 waters
    - Log all food
    - Exercise
    -

____

On an unrelated topic, Im having a very hard time getting the kids to listen to me. To the point where I feel they shouldn't be getting their eggs.
    Ive even warned them as a punishment that they will not be receiving their eggs.

They just don't listen, to anything I say, and it's really upsetting.

All I've asked for is a bit of quiet at some points in the day (especially in the morning) and that's just because their play always involves lots of high pitched screaming and then some one always gets hurt, then they start whacking each other.

Or if it's quite play like jigsaws or colouring they then all start fighting over that.

And then just to tidy their mess. They watched me clean all downstairs, I went upstairs for 5 mins and it was a mess again.

But they just don't seem to listen, marley doesn't even seem to care (when telling her off as she was going to her room for time out, she said "can't hear ya, not listening"

It took me all my self control to not really flip out.

Basically all the kids are pushing every button down and if they keep taking the mick they're going to get a reaction they won't like
    Is it unfair of me to take their eggs away if they continue this today?

Ive said today that this is their last chance to earn back their easter eggs. But Im not sure how to even implement that.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    @ZizzyBumble - 🎈🎉🎈CONGRATULATIONS 🎈🎉🎈 on reaching maintenance.
    @jeschepp - I know that feeling of not being heard. You are definitely NOT being disrespectful. Too many people are ignoring the whole picture in their eagerness to get back together.
    @pridesabtch - (((hugs))) The thyroid mets kick in fairly quickly. DH has to have his levels checked and adjusted regularly.
    @Bex953172 - You've done brilliant lately.
  • pridesabtch
    edited April 2021
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So Friday was good, I was just over in calories I think, but I had exercised most of them back. Although I wasn't entirely convinced by the MFP calories burnt by cleaning (they seemed too high)

Yesterday was a rubbish. I barely ate anything in the day and then had a takeaway with Ash, so realistically I could be within my calories but there was no nutritional info for the food and I couldn't even begin to guess.
    But I also went for a walk yesterday for about maybe 50 mins.
    Didn't reach 10k steps though.

So today I'm going to have a more structured day. (hopefully)

- 8 waters
    - Log all food
    - Exercise
    -

____

On an unrelated topic, Im having a very hard time getting the kids to listen to me. To the point where I feel they shouldn't be getting their eggs.
    Ive even warned them as a punishment that they will not be receiving their eggs.

They just don't listen, to anything I say, and it's really upsetting.

All I've asked for is a bit of quiet at some points in the day (especially in the morning) and that's just because their play always involves lots of high pitched screaming and then some one always gets hurt, then they start whacking each other.

Or if it's quite play like jigsaws or colouring they then all start fighting over that.

And then just to tidy their mess. They watched me clean all downstairs, I went upstairs for 5 mins and it was a mess again.

But they just don't seem to listen, marley doesn't even seem to care (when telling her off as she was going to her room for time out, she said "can't hear ya, not listening"

It took me all my self control to not really flip out.

Basically all the kids are pushing every button down and if they keep taking the mick they're going to get a reaction they won't like
    Is it unfair of me to take their eggs away if they continue this today?

Ive said today that this is their last chance to earn back their easter eggs. But Im not sure how to even implement that.

Well Bex as far as the kids go that is really tough. I’d just counsel not to threaten to do things you aren’t willing to do. I’m not sure how you do eggs there, here they don’t come from the parents, but the Easter Bunny so mum couldn’t threaten for them not to get them. However, mom could take them and put them up until they could show they earned it. You have to give them a clear way to earn them though. Not a vague be good, but rather something specific. Maybe in the morning, I’m going to set a timer for 1 hour, and I want this to be a quiet time. If you can do that you will earn back your eggs. Just an opinion, but I have learned over the years not to threaten unless I was going to go through with it. They learn you mean business, and don’t give unlimited threats, tell them twice what the punishment will be if they don’t behave, then do it. Time out can be effective, but they have to not enjoy it. When I first tried time out, I sent the girls to their room, but they just played so it wasn’t much of a punishment. Instead they had to sit in the living room until their time was up. If they got rowdy I stopped the clock until they settled down. Once they settled we talked. I’ll warm you this can be an ugly process especially with strong willed children, but you are in control.

That being said, every family is different, and every kid has a currency. When you find it, life will get easier. My oldest daughter hates solitude so time out worked great. My youngest likes being alone so time out was less effective. For her privacy was her thing. I once got so fed up and angry that I removed her door. She didn’t think I would do it, but soon learned mom means what she says. No matter what after the punishment have a time of bonding and love, once the punishment is over let it go.

Just my two cents. Of course I’ve not slept and it’s 5:44am, so I might have rambled a bit.