How many times do you workout?

13»

Replies

• 36Carmen
    36Carmen Posts: 8 Member
    I workout 4-5 days. I'm walking/jogging on the treadmill for 90 minutes, walking outside for 90 minutes or hiking 90 minutes.
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 120 Member
    edited March 2021
    M-T-W-Th-F push/pull split. T-W-Th :20 on the treadmill. Sat - longish easy run 5-8 miles. Sun - recovery.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Weights - I have 4 workouts that a cycle between
    1 - chest 2- shoulders 3- back 4 - legs
    sometimes I can do them in 4 consecutive days, sometimes I need to combine days to ensure I hit every muscle group at least once a week.
    Cardio caries from every workout to almost never :)
  • ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    Three times a week at about 1-1.5 hours per session. Even though I'm interested in getting in better shape, I'm absolutely not interested in spending all my time at the gym.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Focus on your diet. Weight loss is done in the kitchen, not the gym. Workouts are for fitness, primarily. It is very hard to work out long enough to burn significant calories. If you aren't losing weight at the rate you would expect, then you need to be very careful to weigh every bite you eat and make sure that the data entries you use are accurate.

Yes that’s true!! I’ve been back to healthy eating so the results are coming. Just slowly. With me, my body is weird, any minor carbs I eat and it reacts negatively so I’ve definitely cut down on those and doing more fruits, salad, salmon, and shrimp plus water of course

Well done on working out. Just a note: fruit and veggies are mostly carbs. Carbs have the minor 'disadvantage' that they provide glucogen (thus energy), to which water attaches. But it's just water, not fat.
  • jillroy81
    jillroy81 Posts: 11 Member
    I workout 5 to 6 days weekly cardio (running) 3 days sometimes more and strength training 3 days.
  • AlannaWulf194
    AlannaWulf194 Posts: 24 Member
    Exercise is for the body not for weight loss. :) I try to do cardio 5 days a week for 30 minutes and two days of weight exercises.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Total body strength training 3 days a week at the gym, with a combo of compound lifts and some accessory work. Focused core work 3 days a week at home. Cardio is at home and is a variety: steady state via cardio dance or Take Bo intervals on the Boflex trainer or walking outside--with the goal to get at least 12, 000 steps per day.
  • britishbombshell08
    britishbombshell08 Posts: 95 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Focus on your diet. Weight loss is done in the kitchen, not the gym. Workouts are for fitness, primarily. It is very hard to work out long enough to burn significant calories. If you aren't losing weight at the rate you would expect, then you need to be very careful to weigh every bite you eat and make sure that the data entries you use are accurate.

Yes that’s true!! I’ve been back to healthy eating so the results are coming. Just slowly. With me, my body is weird, any minor carbs I eat and it reacts negatively so I’ve definitely cut down on those and doing more fruits, salad, salmon, and shrimp plus water of course

Well done on working out. Just a note: fruit and veggies are mostly carbs. Carbs have the minor 'disadvantage' that they provide glucogen (thus energy), to which water attaches. But it's just water, not fat.

Thanks!! It’s taking me forever this time to get this weight off😩😩
  • leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    I walk at least two miles a day every day and I do an hour of vinyasa yoga five days a week minimum
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    If I start my first meal as a protein shake with peanut butter and almond milk I find I become a lot leaner. It seems to set the tone for the rest of the day. I don’t know why, but it works for me.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    I try do something active 6 days a week but that varies by the day.

On Mon, Weds, & Friday, I am working the Couch 2 5K program and then add on about 30 minutes of weights afterwards. On Tuesdays, I do 3 miles of walking either indoors or outside with the pup. I'm actually in the office on Thursdays so it's mainly walking and doing the stairs as much as possible. On either Saturday or Sundays, I use this time for the dog or walks with friends and the other day is a rest day (but that usually involves me sitting at my desk pulling in 4+ hours of overtime)
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    I love exercising and I'm pretty active like 6-7 days a week but I do have lazy days sometimes. I used to run, play tennis do fitness blender videos pre covid but since the last year I have been doing workout videos only. I have been exercising since I was 15 years old and I used to do it for a sexy figure but now I do it for peace of mind😃