Convince me to trash them

2»

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    If it's not open, donate it to a food bank and don't buy it in the future.

But it wasn't something I bought; someone made them and they were given to me so it wasn't something I could donate either. :(

I hate wasting food too; I grew up with the 'there are starving kids in Ethiopia so you should finish what's on your plate'. It took me way too many years to overturn that mindset.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    If it's not open, donate it to a food bank and don't buy it in the future.

But it wasn't something I bought; someone made them and they were given to me so it wasn't something I could donate either. :(

I hate wasting food too; I grew up with the 'there are starving kids in Ethiopia so you should finish what's on your plate'. It took me way too many years to overturn that mindset.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that mindset. However it's tough to reject what someone's made because who wants to hurt his/her feelings?! In that case, I'd probably throw it out.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    If its something individually packaged or unopened, take it in for your coworkers to enjoy or donate it to a food bank.

I impulsively bought discount easter lunch cakes the other day, so I took them into work and gave them away.