Summer sandals for walking

Options
does anyone have any good recommendations for sandals to wear while walking? I take my dog walking a lot but when in the summer, gym shoes do get kind of uncomfortable

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I really like Keen brand - they can be pricey, but they hold up a long time and are machine washable. Most of the styles definitely lean casual, but I don't feel underdressed with them for most things, and they're very comfortable for long walks.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Keen makes great quality products and you could also check out Merrell.

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I love my Keens! They can be pricey, but you can look for last year's models to get a decent discount.
    They are worth the price, though. I can walk miles in mine with no problem.

These are the ones I have:
    https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/W-ROSE-SANDAL.html?dwvar_W-ROSE-SANDAL_color=1025125&cgid=womens_footwear_sandals

You can DEFINITELY find them cheaper if you search around.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I've been very happy with Khombu or JBU by Jambu sandals I got at Costco for pretty affordable prices. They look somewhat like the Keens. (I don't remember how much they were, but way cheaper than normal retail Keens. I suspect they were $20-something to $30-something dollars, because I bought them on spec, and I don't like spending much money on clothing or shoes, even though shoe comfort is essential for me.)

I can't recall having walked more than a few miles in them at any one time, but they were fine for that.
  • 406MamaBear
    406MamaBear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like Birkenstock sandals for the support, but they are expensive.
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    dansko sophie sandals are very comfortable but pricy
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I love my Merrill's ($50-$70 ish). I've had a pair similar to the "Sandspur Rose" model,for at least 13 years and I prefer them to hiking boots when hiking in rugged terrain, and they're actually more comfortable for fitness walking than some sneaker-type walking shoes I've worn. I like the adjustability of both the cross-strap that goes across the top of the food and the sling strap for the heel (my foot tends to slip out of fixed sling straps)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Search for hiking sandals, which are designed to be worn comfortably all day in hot weather even on uneven terrrain. Teva were the first brand to make them, I think, but other brands now exist. My first pair were from Teva, but my current pair are from Merrill.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with Ryka.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Tevas and a pair of Keens. The Keens are my favourite and, like you, I do a lot of dog walking.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    My wife is a shoe fashionista. She never spent money except for on shoes. She has bad toes and has issues walking for long periods. Believe me when I say I've spent hours and hours in shoe departments. She's had Merrill's, Keens, some Italian brands that were $200+.

We went to a TJ Maxx to look around (ironically her favorite clothing store, but she never usually buys shoes there) and I picked up a pair of Baretraps. She said, "well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try them". They are now her favorite brand. And they are like $40 (highest ends $60), so they are my favorite brand too.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Chaco’s and Birks
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Keens are great. Finns are good if you need a lot of support. I've also had some great luck with Merritt.