Insanity buddy!?

Options
1235»

Replies

• tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    hello there! just dropping it to give the heads up that I won't be doing INSANITY anymore as I found out a couple days ago I was pregnant and have to make sure I don't exert my body too much so nothing bad happens!! but hopefully this post keeps on going for when I done and can get back on it! gotta lose that baby weight some how! :) good luck to all you ladies doing it! insanity is so much fun!!

Congrats!!!! Insanity is great to take off the baby weight so save it for after lol I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy :)
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    hello there! just dropping it to give the heads up that I won't be doing INSANITY anymore as I found out a couple days ago I was pregnant and have to make sure I don't exert my body too much so nothing bad happens!! but hopefully this post keeps on going for when I done and can get back on it! gotta lose that baby weight some how! :) good luck to all you ladies doing it! insanity is so much fun!!

Congratulations!!!
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

How exciting!!! Congratulations!! :) insanity helped me drop baby weight. It took me a while to get motivated after little D was born, but once I got on board with Shaun T, it helped a lot. So stoked for you!
  • SJB016
    Options

How exciting!!! Congratulations!! :) insanity helped me drop baby weight. It took me a while to get motivated after little D was born, but once I got on board with Shaun T, it helped a lot. So stoked for you!

Thanks so much! do you just have the one? I am a former chubby girl so gaining this extra weight isn't my favorite part of this entire thing, but it'll be worth it! :) I'm not going to be working full time, so I should be able to have a session with Shaun T daily no problem at all :)
  • chrissyw63
    Options

Thanks so much! do you just have the one? I am a former chubby girl so gaining this extra weight isn't my favorite part of this entire thing, but it'll be worth it! :) I'm not going to be working full time, so I should be able to have a session with Shaun T daily no problem at all :)

I do just have the one. He's fixin to be 20 months on Saturday. He's just like his mama too ... ATTITUDE!! :) I gained about 27lbs when I was prego with him ... but I started out a bit on the chunky side to begin with, so by the time he was born I had quite a bit to lose! I finally got down to 10lbs below pre-baby weight, but still have a bit more to go before I'm back to where I was pre-baby daddy! :) I also work part-time and while I'd like to say I spent a lot of that working out, I didn't! Not until the past few months. I'm real selfish with my baby time so we just hung out and played, had buddy playdates, etc (and slept! - best advice I ever got was to sleep when baby sleeps!). BUT one thing I wish I had done more frequently with him is go for walks! Its good not only for you, but for baby to be outside too! Just remember shade for the little monster :) When are you due?
  • SJB016
    Options
    I do just have the one. He's fixin to be 20 months on Saturday. He's just like his mama too ... ATTITUDE!! :) I gained about 27lbs when I was prego with him ... but I started out a bit on the chunky side to begin with, so by the time he was born I had quite a bit to lose! I finally got down to 10lbs below pre-baby weight, but still have a bit more to go before I'm back to where I was pre-baby daddy! :) I also work part-time and while I'd like to say I spent a lot of that working out, I didn't! Not until the past few months. I'm real selfish with my baby time so we just hung out and played, had buddy playdates, etc (and slept! - best advice I ever got was to sleep when baby sleeps!). BUT one thing I wish I had done more frequently with him is go for walks! Its good not only for you, but for baby to be outside too! Just remember shade for the little monster :) When are you due?

Oh he's still a youngin! :) congrats to you as that wasn't too long ago! i like your "pre-daddy" comment. hehe.. tough getting comfortable with someone! (: my friend who has 3 kids also gave the advice to sleep when the baby sleeps, it's nice hearing from multiple people! i will definitely do that and the fact that I get to stay home will help me do that... I am very early in my pregnancy, only 4 weeks.. i found out early :) so i'm hoping everything is good to go.. i know first trimester is a tough one for miscarriages and what not.. so i'm hoping for the best...

i want to workout lightly during the pregnancy, but i'm kind of a hypocondriac so will probably take it easy... i think i will make it a point to do some walks when the little one is born!
  • chrissyw63
    Options
    Oh he's still a youngin! :) congrats to you as that wasn't too long ago! i like your "pre-daddy" comment. hehe.. tough getting comfortable with someone! (: my friend who has 3 kids also gave the advice to sleep when the baby sleeps, it's nice hearing from multiple people! i will definitely do that and the fact that I get to stay home will help me do that... I am very early in my pregnancy, only 4 weeks.. i found out early :) so i'm hoping everything is good to go.. i know first trimester is a tough one for miscarriages and what not.. so i'm hoping for the best...

i want to workout lightly during the pregnancy, but i'm kind of a hypocondriac so will probably take it easy... i think i will make it a point to do some walks when the little one is born!

Enjoy your pregnancy! I loved being pregnant. And I REALLY loved french toast and cherry startbursts :) My recommendation is keeping a pregnancy journal! I am sooooo glad I kept mine. It seems like it takes forever, but when its over its like you blinked. Its so sweet to look back and read about all my new excitement, nerves, etc in that pregnancy journal. Then one day my little man can check it out too and see how he sat on my bladder and such :) I'm sure you will get to a point of being comfortable and able to walk or do some light stuff while you're rockin a belly. Its certainly a good idea ... but don't stress yourself out over it :)
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Lots of good advice in here - definitely sleep when the little one sleeps and keep a journal. There were days that it seemed like it was taking forever but now my "baby" is 5.

When I got pregnant with my daughter, I was halfway through losing the 30 lbs I needed to. And then I gained 50!! I am hoping I don't repeat that the next time. But I am already 20 lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant that time.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Does anyone do some other form of exercise on their rest day? Some days I do my C25K but my schedule is changing and it may not fit in to coincide with the days I can run. I feel like I want to do something.
  • chrissyw63
    Options
    Does anyone do some other form of exercise on their rest day? Some days I do my C25K but my schedule is changing and it may not fit in to coincide with the days I can run. I feel like I want to do something.

Truth be told, I've been slacking on my Insanity. Things just got real hectic here for a while. However, I just got a deal on my Living Social for a local kickboxing type gym, 18 classes for $29! So I HAD to grab that. I took the first class last Thursday. I am going again this Tues and Thurs. Its "basic training" but I'm STILL sore from Thursday! So my plan now is to do that class (burned 701 calories the first day!) and do Insanity in between. Depending on your schedule, maybe you could look into classes of sorts? I find for me its good ... tends to bring out my competitive side ... I don't like the other girls to do better than me, so I man up and don't give in when I am tired :) I'm only able to do this class 2-3 times a week, but its better than nothing!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Thanks, classes may be tough but I do have some cardio videos I might fit in.

This is my Core Cardio & Balance week.
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump :) I'm starting Insanity in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to not die :wink:
  • chrissyw63
    Options
    Bump :) I'm starting Insanity in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping to not die :wink:

You'll do great! Its hard (for me at least!) but its so worth it! I have to hit pause more times than I'd like to admit some days, but if you stick to it, you'll certainly see a change. Good luck! :)
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Today starts Week 6, I am trying not to be too nervous....
  • chrissyw63
    Options

Good luck! You'll do great :)
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options

Good luck! You'll do great :)

Thanks! I survived and better yet it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was definitely hard but a really good hard.

I was disappointed that I didn't get as many power knees or power jumps as the last fit test but I did 2 push up jacks. I have never been able to do 1.
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey all of you can add me if you like! I am on week 2 day 3. I feel stronger but I am going to love the day when I can go through plyo cardio circuit! Those drills suck eggs at the end!! I am about to die doing those in and outs! Lol but I love how I feel stronger each day. Not going by the insanity diet totally but just like you trying to eat clean and healthy.
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do a 5 mile walk DVD after my insanity workout and on Sunday's pack the kids in my double stroller when the weather is nice and go for a nice long walk.