JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Mental Health Monday.
    3. Classes: Assignment Reflection. TPCASTT: Highwayman.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Grade 10 WM projects and 10 TPCASTTs.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Draft notes for issues script.
    6. Afternoon: Walk at park? 1 hour Clois. TAXES?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 193.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Monday. Already behind. *sigh*.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    [For Sunday, hitting my commitment 80% of the time isn't going to get me where I need to go. Have work to do on myself

Scale was flat for the week.

-1999 calories: 1446. 2332 average for the week. Those 332 calories a day make a difference.
    -Work out for 90 minutes:87 minutes for the day. 9:14 for the week including a 2021 high point for exercise walk miles with 19.99. Also 4000# in weights, 525 crunches, 105 push ups and 210 lunges for the week

For Monday, new day.

-1999 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes. Busy day, make it happen:

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    @littleblackskirt Never worry about voicing your thoughts here, and I don't think you are selfish for your choices. My mother and I were never close either and she is more and more dependent upon me. I struggle with that because she honestly sucks the life out of me. She is in the early stages of dementia and can still live on her own, but we discussed her care in the future and luckily she agrees we could never live together and that a care facility would be best for her. Don't beat yourself up for feeling overwhelmed by this, you have a lot on your plate and many folks would not accept the responsibilities you have. Much love to you!

@sviers13 Welcome back. Sorry you are struggling right now.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Quick goals for today:
    • Finish grading definition essays
    • Clean up the rest of the weekend mess
    • Walk
    • Catch up on posts
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    , I
    I know it's a cliche, but another Monday morning and I'm back to start again!
    Recently I've just not wanted to log or think about what I was eating. I've given it a lot of thought while I'm out on my walks, and I think it's because I'm feeling very depressed (not claiming I have depression, just very down). I'm successful at dieting when I feel upbeat and positive which I'm not managing right now.

I can't change my circumstances, so I need to learn to be more positive with things as they are. I feel the stress of helping my mother greatly. It's not that I have to be with her 24/7, but I have to be there every day. I find it so depressing, from the brown decor often with the curtains closed, to my complete inability to do anything which will make her feel a bit happier. Everything I suggest which would help her fill her day is met with "I can't be bothered" and then she complains she's bored. Her doctor has offered her anti depressants, and a pill to help with her breathing, but she won't take either of them, although she takes her other tablets.
    It's just so difficult being the one who is there every day. She has said for years that if my father died first I would step in and do everything for her. And that's how it's turned out, because she isn't well. Very much the old fashioned view that the daughter will help whilst the son does nothing!

Don't get me wrong, she's a good person and I want the best for her, I want her to be safe and happy. To a certain extent I can make sure she is safe, but I can't make her happy. And it impacts my mood. I come home every day in the late afternoon and I eat because it makes me feel down. I feel guilty even writing this, you're not meant to say you dread caring for someone for possibly years to come. I feel inadequate, it doesn't come naturally to me. My relationship with my mother is a shallow one, there were never any girly chats or guidance or doing things together. No hugs or kisses, I "just knew" how I was expected to behave without guidance.

A better daughter than me would move her in with me but I can't bring myself to do it, I value my alone time too much. I couldn't bear to have someone else in the house all day every day, it would push me over the edge. So I feel guilty about that too.
    Apologies for rambling on, I just needed to think about this, and it's not something you talk about in real life (and with who? still in lockdown, it's so cold to meet outside!)

I am so sorry that you feel this way. You are an extremely supportive daughter and you should not feel any guilt for the circumstances. Societal and family expectations can be so unfair. My MIL became very miserable/depressed and nothing seemed to make a difference (she would not take antidepressants) The more we tried to cheer her up the more drained we became. When we reduced our efforts, she was no less unhappy and we had more energy for doing the things that made the most difference for her. I hope you can find some comfort and helpful suggestions within this group, at the very least, it is a safe place to let off steam. Sending you hugs.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited April 2021
    Monday 12 April

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โฌ†๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Iโ€™ve been lazy with my logging over the past few days ๐Ÿ‘ฟ. Itโ€™s a beautiful day today and Iโ€™ve been out for a walk (about 7 miles) so I guess itโ€™s time to do some housework ๐Ÿ˜ก.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2021
    JFT M 4/12
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net cals zero / 12 water / NO evening snacking
    3) AJNH issue report / GA-IT email requests for records & inquiries / 12:00 Facebook Live
    4) X-train after work / boil eggs / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / one other chore
    5) Meditate / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Had a great weekend, and Sunday turned into a no-tech day. Sat. hubby and I drove 90 miles to visit my parents (in their mid-80s & fully vaccinated), aunt (also vaccinated) & my eldest brother. I was so happy to be able to visit. It was the first time I've seen them in person since my niece's wedding last August. Due to typical April weather, we visited indoors, but hubby, aunt & myself wore our masks, except for photos. It was great!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 63, 5'4" (have permanently lost half inch ~ bummer)
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG (need to be realistic): maintain 150

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16/17 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :D
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16/18 = 152.0 lowest weight all year :smiley:
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
    12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
    12/08 = 157.0
    12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
    12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
    12/29/18 = 159.5 and happy I stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation days at home
    01/05/19 = 157.5
    01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
    01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts
    01/26 = 157.5
    02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
    02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
    02/16 = 158.0
    02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals & sodium def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed.
    03/02 = 159.5
    03/09 = 157.5
    03/16 = 158.0 feeling unwell & no workouts all week
    03/23 = 157.5 finally feeling better
    03/31 = 160.5 posting Sun. month end w/i ~ too many days, net calories RED. Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30 in 1:28:14 & ave. pace 14:12 and beat goal < 1:30 :star:
    04/06 = 160.0 saw 158.5 during week
    04/13 = 159.5
    Hiatus from MFP 4/17 - 4/29 (Easter 4/21)
    05/04 = 161.5 logging again starting 4/30
    05/11 = 163.0 ack
    05/18 = 163.0 no gain
    05/25 = 163.0 could be worse
    06/01 = 162.0
    06/08 = 162.0 pre-race spaghetti night before / Bellin Run 10K 1:29:54 split 44:13 ave. pace 14:29
    06/15 = 164.0 ate at fast food, cafe (brunch), pub (happy hour), seminar (lunch), dinner at BFF's (sangria)
    06/22 = 162.5 better eating & tracking
    06/29 = 163.5 two days of conference food
    07/06 = 162.5
    07/13 = 163.5 two out-of-town family parties + diner food + drinks/dinner at Mexican restaurant
    07/20 = 166.0 cousin's funeral luncheon (one whole table w/ family desserts) + restaurant week lunch w/ hubby + pizza supper w/ hubby
    07/27 = 165.0
    08/03 = 164.5 happy to see any loss at all... I am the tortoise :D
    08/10 = 167.5 high sodium & emotional eating
    08/17 = 167.5
    08/24 = 165.5
    08/31 = 169.5 staycation week & ate whatever I wanted
    09/07 = 167.0 flushed sodium & water weight / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 45:12 (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:33
    09/14 = 166.5
    09/21 = 166.0
    09/27 = 165.5
    10/05 = 167.5 pre-race food ~ Pink Pumpkin 5K 44:06 :star: (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:12
    10/12 = 165.5 eating back on track ~ Run for the Hill of It 5K (trail event) 48:06 & hill 1:58 :star: (goal < 2 min.)
    10/19 = 165.5
    10/26 = 165.0 slowly but surely... my lifestyle is NOT a diet :D
    11/02 = 165.5 Maru & Jack's party / food night before
    11/09 = 164.5 few days of staying at zero net calories works!
    11/16 = 165.0 rare Fri. night dinner date w/ hubby at local cafe ~ totally worth it!
    11/23 = 166.0 wrong way again
    11/30 = 168.0 ACK!!!
    12/07 = 165.5 sick several days & painful sore throat will do that
    12/14 = 167.0 on prednisone & ate to quell nausea
    12/21 = 165.5
    12/28/19 = 168.5 spent 75% of 2019 in 160s... not the plan :p
    01/04/20 = stomach flu 1/4 - 1/5 & slow recovery 1/6 - 1/7 ~ lost unhealthy amount of weight quickly
    01/11 = 164.5 Fri. evening Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29
    01/18 = 164.5 managed to maintain weight lost while sick
    01/25 = 166.0 expected (some high sodium days)
    02/01 = 166.0 bday celebrations (hubby's, mom's, co-worker's) + evening snacking
    02/08 = 166.5 pre-race carb-loading / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 :star:
    02/15 = 166.0
    02/22 = 167.0 not sure about accuracy of exercise calories logged this week
    02/29 = 165.0 yay
    3/2/20 Dr. B recommended getting my weight back down for relief of mild arthritis in both my knees. Another incentive.
    03/07 = 165.5 several very red days ~ oops
    03/14 = 164.5 conscientiously logging food helps
    03/21 = 162.5 stressed out & not feeling like eating (apparently I emotional eat only when bored, lonely or sad)
    03/28 = 162.0 work at home since 3/20/20, eating (mostly) healthy to stay healthy & walked 27.62 miles w/ dog
    04/04 = 161.5 walked virtual Badger State Brewing 10K on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 [not my usual race pace but I never walk race events with my dog & no other participants ~ happy me]
    04/11 = 162.0 several evening snack attacks of peanut M&Ms
    04/18 = 162.5 inching back up ~ Easter dinner + chocolate + high sodium meals of scalloped potatoes/ham + pea soup w/ ham
    04/25 = 162.0 happy to be inching back down
    05/02 = 162.0 saw 161 during week ~ yay
    05/09 = 163.5 comfort eating + rest days Thurs. AND Fri. ~ oops
    05/16 = 164.0 wrong direction ~ need to get a grip! Virtual #RonaRunOff w/ dog 5.08 mi in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23. Event miles of each participant will be aggregated at the end of May and, for every 50 miles, a pair of shoes will be donated to an area healthcare or janitorial worker. I had the opportunity to nominate my hubby for the shoes. I hope he gets selected!
    05/23 = 163.0
    05/30 = 162.5
    06/06 = 164.0 emotional eating + unhealthy evening snacking / walked virtual Bellin Run 10K w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14
    06/13 = 162.5 healthier farmers market eating & limited evening snacks
    06/20 = 163.0
    06/27 = 162.5
    07/04 = 162.0
    07/11 = 162.5
    07/18 = 162.0 changed MFP to lightly active
    07/25 = 161.5 really happy b/c after high sodium day
    08/01 = 161.5 after high sodium days (saw 161.0 2X during week ~ yay)
    08/08 = 161.5 hanging in there (saw 160.5 1X during week)
    08/15 = 161.0 niece's wedding day
    08/22 = 160.0 YAY
    08/29 = 165.0 staycation week ate take out & 2 day trips/restaurants ~ oops & I don't care. Walked Hope Isn't Canceled Virtual 10K with dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    09/05 = 161.5 big sodium flush
    09/12 = 161.0 back on track
    09/19 = 162.5 ugh ~ high sodium week
    09/26 = 161.0 better / virtual Packers 5K w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41
    10/03 = 160.5 slow & steady
    10/09 = 160.5 w-i one day early (before bday splurges) / virtual Bellin Women's 5K w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 on 10/10/20
    10/17 = 160.0 take that, bday indulges! / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K (no finish up steep sledding hill this year) w/ dog in 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
    10/24 = 161.0 lack of meal planning & stupid snacking
    10/31 = 159.0 WAHOO!!! long time coming
    11/07 = 159.0 after Halloween candy splurge & apple crisp, I'm happy
    11/14 = 158.5
    11/21 = 159.0
    11/28 = 161.5 oops ~ Thanksgiving & long weekend / home edition Turkey Trot 2 mi w/ dog 11.26.20
    12/05 = 160.0 back on track
    12/12 = 159.5 virtual Jingle Bell 5K (actually 3.86 miles due to stupid RunGo app failures) 1:08:46 with dog
    12/19/20 = 159.5 ~ 50.37 miles 12.17.20 in 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021)
    12/26/20 = 162.5
    01/02/21 = 163.5 holiday eating & drinking :p
    01/09/21 = 162.0
    01/16/21 = 161.5 slow & steady / submitted 50 Mile Frenzy log 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 walked total of 97.44 miles (some on treadmill)
    01/23/21 = 162.0 lack of meal planning
    01/30/21 = 164.5 high stress (BIL died), comfort eating & high sodium
    02/06/21 = 163.5
    02/13/21 = 164.0 F-it wk #1
    02/20/21 = 164.5 F-it wk #2
    02/28/21 = 167.0 F-it wk #3 ack!
    03/06/21 = 166.0 slowly getting back on track
    03/13/21 = 167.5 cataract & refractive surgeries on 3/8 & 3/11, very sedentary & several restaurant take outs
    03/20/21 = 166.5
    03/27/21 = 166.0
    04/03/21 = 167.5 >:) net calories way too red & high sodium ~ need to quit comfort eating & evening snacking
    04/10/21 = 168.0 >:) week of eating leftover Easter ham & chocolate

โ€œHave I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Today: Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member

Canโ€™t believe that my weight has started falling again ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Terri ๐Ÿฆ„

Way to go Terri! You are proving to all of us .. this is a lifestyle change, and if we have consistency, the scale will reflect! Congrats!
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Back at it! I could have done alot better over the weekend.

JFT, Apr 12th @ 153.2lbs:
    - Stick to my meal plan for the day & NO unplanned, evening snacking!
    - Go for an extra walk (~15min)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,927 Member

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

๐Ÿ”นWord - Balance
    ๐Ÿ”นI am in tune with my dreams
    ๐Ÿ”นI know what is right for me
    ๐Ÿ”นI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

๐Ÿ”นI live in congruence with my authentic self
    ๐Ÿ”นI am mindful
    ๐Ÿ”นI am creative every day
    ๐Ÿ”นI foster positivity
    ๐Ÿ”นI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2

UGW: 142 < x > 148โœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 ๐Ÿ˜
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 โซ
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: โœ… Fri: โœ… Sat: โœ… Sun: โœ… Mon: โœ… Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: โœ… 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: โœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 โ€”>22.9 โฌ
    3. Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 โซ
    4. Calories in the green โœ… 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500 โœ… 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyโœ… 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily โœ… 5/7
    ๐ŸŒทPositive intentions for Tue 13 April:
    • Meditation
    • Weigh/post weight
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง
    ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง

NLNS
    (7 March โ€”->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 12

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

The spring weather has returned so spending time outside.

Just got a text today that our second jabs are on Wednesday after lunch. Drive through clinic at our GOโ€™s surgery.

Terri ๐Ÿฆ„

[/quote]

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,927 Member
    @littleblackskirt -

Itโ€™s a difficult situation, but you shouldnโ€™t feel guilty about your perfectly normal and understandable feelings.

We are not responsible for how others feel. I hope you can find a way to work through your feelings, and find a way forward.