It is a big number that overwhelms me!

Options
Kwilliams75
Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
I am not new to this app but it has helped me in the past. I injured my knee about 2 years ago. Due to a high deductible, I had to wait a year before I could get surgery. I am post surgery and ready to take my life back. Looking for some new friends on here for some extra motivation while I journey to lose a 100 plus pounds!.

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    They say little steps are the way to go, but I also get overwhelmed by the big numbers. Best of luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,716 Member
    Options
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Mini-goals help a lot! I set a target for 10% of my total weight, and then when I reached that goal, I made my next goal 10% of that. WHen I got closer to what I thought might be my goal weight I set my mini-goals at 5% increments.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Just had to drop a line here because I can relate. I have lost over 100 since 2007 and kept it off, aside from a 12 lb pandemic gain.
    For me the BEST thing was having smaller goals. I know if I started over 300 and had a goal of 160 there's nooooo way I would have made it. My first goal was just to be under 300, and then 275, 250, 220, 180. That worked so much better for me. I do think people are motivated in different ways but just for whatever it's worth! Good luck to you!

So great! I love hearing how people who have a huge road ahead of them and actually make it! While I don't need to lose weight, I have other issues with my lifestyle that need as much attention. That's my huge road...I guess if I can make one small thing each day and commit to it - I'll eventually get there like you did.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    If it helps, focus on the next 5 pounds. That was how I handled my weight loss journey. I did not constantly dwell on the 'goal' number. When I was in the low 180's, I looked forward to getting under 180. Then I looked forward to getting under 175. Then 170 and so on.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I hid my scale at the beginning of March and haven't looked since. As long as I know I am building the right habits, I know I am moving in the right direction.