• Weekly grocery shopping
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 13

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Another pleasant day so got in a lovely walk. Also a visit to our local garden centre which are allowed to open again. Not too crowded and everyone was observing social distancing rules.

Terri 🦄
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So JFT Tues.
    - Log all food, try be in the green ❌❌
    - 10k Steps/ exercise/both! ✔️
    - Water water water!✔️
    - Carry on with washing ✔️and sort girls clothes in the cupboard.❌

Soooooo one thing led to another which led to a takeaway! So I couldn't log the takeaway and I'm not in the green. Oops! It's not often we can afford one but had an UberEats deal.
    We ordered from an American restaurant, got a burger and chips, absolutely delicious lol. The places name is called LAPD Food.
    And (had we not ordered through Uber) would have been delivered in a legit LAPD Cop Car (lights n all although don't know if they can legally use the lights 😂) but it has all the restaurant logos all over.

Got 10k steps. Although pretty pointless considering the takeaway.
    4 waters which is my minimum. I really need to do some pelvic floor exercises. My bladder is not what it was. Haven't peed myself yet but I reckon the day is looming but what can I say after 3 kids lmao. Bound to happen 😂😂

Didn't do the girls clothes cupboard cause I didn't get the dry washing away, however did enquire about the nursery's and looks like it's all go and I just need to ring the old nursery to cancel that, claim 30hrs funding and then sign her up to the new nursery. And she might even be in full days all WEEK. Honestly, I won't know what to do with myself..
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. Pack lunch! Take protein shake to school.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday.
    3. Classes: Modeling. TPCASTT.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Grade WM projects and DSH phase 1.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Draft notes for issues script.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Leftovers. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Livestream!
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. @pridesabtch Yup! I mean, I'm no spring chicken anymore, and sometimes my neck aches, or my hips ache, but the fact that it's specifically my hamstrings after I started lifting makes me think (well, HOPE, at least) that there's some water retention going on ;)
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    sviers13 wrote: »
    I met my goals yesterday and I was under my calorie goal. So, I’m feeling good today.

Log everything ✅
    Only eat one serving at a time ✅
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes ❌

I got my second vaccine yesterday. Not feeling so good today 🙁
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member
    edited April 2021
    @bookmeister86 I understand how frustrating it is for you, I also do a lot of "2steps forward and 2 back" . If I even eat a couple of biscuits in a day I know I won't lose any weight. Hopefully if you keep trying to stay in the green your weight will start to move downwards again.
    (I like the sound of your bad angel lol)

JFT Tuesday 13th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Walk 40 minutes
    Back exercises only the easy ones, must do more
    Laundry yes
    Gardening yes, until it rained
    Gratitude Grateful my mother got her second jab yesterday

JFT Wednesday 14th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Walk? Have to stay in until delivery arrives
    Back exercises
    Gardening
    Gratitude

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Recap T 4/13
    1) Walked dog 3.86 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me even though I had to force myself out of bed
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 14.7K
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water :s Day on track until Easter chocolate late in evening... at least there's less chocolate to eat now. 11c :)
    4) GA-IT: save requests to G drive / print responses & SOPs / save SOPs to Doc folder / continue set-up = 4/4
    5) Make turkey ole / prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / one other chore = 4/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 why does scrolling "for a minute" turn into an hour??? / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 3/5

JFT 4/14 Happy Hump Day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Walk dog after work?
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water
    4) GA-IT generate KW reports & print / keep organizing for new regs / print SS EE sheets / pack for work at home
    5) Prep overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / one other chore
    6) Meditate / UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (walk dog before work)

Hahaha spring in WI. This morning I reset my alarm and skipped dog walk b/c (1) dark, cloudy, dreary again (2) temp was 32F (3) snowing! High forecast to be 45 this afternoon. Not exactly the spring weather I'm hoping for. Maybe I'll walk dog after work. Maybe not.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    @sviers13 Welcome back! It's nice to see you posting again!

@Bex953172 I missed your birthday! Happy birthday! I have one of the original Wii's and a bunch of games that Tim's son sold us when he upgraded years ago to a PlayStation. It's so fun! The grands have fun with it when they come over. There's tennis, racing, all kinds of fun active games. I hope you can find one! Also, congrats on Casey's new nursery! I think you will benefit from having alone time! It's time for Bex to take care of Bex! So happy to hear this! xxoo

@beachwalker99 I hope all went well with your DIL's surgery!

@bookmeister86 That darn Bad Angel! Always whispers sweet nothings in my ear too! LOL! Working from home all the time has it's advantages, but being so sedentary is one of the side effects that sucks! I got little exercise when I was going into an office. Then after being stuck home, that literally went down to zero! You've got this... xoxo

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    edited April 2021
    @sviers13 -- So nice to see you back posting! We missed you. Even though my weight goes up and down a lot, I do find that posting on here helps me to not give up .. and keep going! Glad you are back .. and you are off to a great start.

@brittgreenlikethecolor88 - Nitetime eating is my biggest problem also. I do great all day long eating wise, but the evening are the hardest. And for me , I don't even realize when I am doing it. I can easily eat 1000 calories just in the evening. This year I am working on changing that, because I know for me, that one habit alone will help me lose weight. I think the biggest thing is just awareness. You are doing great!

@TerriRichardson112 - you are doing great with your weight dropping! Such a inspiration to all of us. The garden center sounds so nice. Hubby and I will be 3 weeks from our second shot .. so I think next week I will have to visit the garden centers! Looking at flowers puts everyone in a much better mood!

@bookmeister86 - I think for many of us we are that way, 2 steps forward, 2 steps backward! Last year I gained 15 pounds, and it is a struggle to get those off. But I am leaning that this is life.. and at least you are not still gaining. Having lost 3/4 of easter gain is great. And you are maintaining. This is what @Terri told me ... it is OK to maintain. When your body is ready, those pounds will slowly come off. You are doing great .. it is wonderful to see you posting again! We are like family .. and I miss it when ones that have been posting a long time leave .. so great having you back.

@Bex -- did I miss your birthday also? Happy Belated birthday! You are doing great getting in those steps girl!

@cschmitz110515 - when I saw on the news the news conference in Minneapolis I saw it snowing! I know you are a outside walker .. I hope you get nicer weather soon! Here is is cold .. in the 50s, but for me that is the best weather! Its nice you have a treadmill for those days, but I'm sure you have a unhappy dog!

@PackerFanInGB - so sorry you and your mother are having struggles yet. I was hoping when she moved closer it would improve. I moved away from family when I got married, and always missed that so much. Always envied people who lived close to their parents, but I was fortunate in having a good relationship with my parents. But as I have learned with my daughter, who is very lonely and down a lot, it takes a lot of work to keep yourself positive. You have to take care of yourself first. Your mother probably needs to adjust to being without your stepfather, and also adjust to living in a new place. But you can't do that for her. So many people had told me with my daughter .. that if I was always trying to make her happy or always trying to cheer her up, then she just depends on ME to do those things for her. So once I had to back away (which because of covid we had to), she is learning now to find her own hobbies, and find her own way. Its still a long ways, but better. Hugs to you .. Try and find your own happy place!
  • PackerFanInGB
    JFT Sunday
    Ran this morning. Runkeeper ever so "helpfully" let me know that it was my sixty-first fastest for that distance. Thanks SO much.

This made me chuckle out loud! If I had Runkeeper, it would probably totally bug out over the fact I "ran"! LOL!
  • PackerFanInGB

Also had a good day as we finally got around to getting our mortgage in principle done! This now means we can go and look at houses and estate agents will take us seriously as we have proof that banks will lend us some money. This of course now means we have to get off our backsides and actually look at houses, the idea of which stresses me out quite a lot but I'm just going to keep reminding myself that (a) we're very lucky to be in a position to buy (b) we are not in a rush so we can take our time and not feel pressured to buy something we are not happy with.

This is such awesome news! Congratulations to you both! Exciting buying your first home! I'm really happy for you!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    @sviers13 Welcome back! It's nice to see you posting again!

@Bex953172 I missed your birthday! Happy birthday! I have one of the original Wii's and a bunch of games that Tim's son sold us when he upgraded years ago to a PlayStation. It's so fun! The grands have fun with it when they come over. There's tennis, racing, all kinds of fun active games. I hope you can find one! Also, congrats on Casey's new nursery! I think you will benefit from having alone time! It's time for Bex to take care of Bex! So happy to hear this! xxoo

@beachwalker99 I hope all went well with your DIL's surgery!

@bookmeister86 That darn Bad Angel! Always whispers sweet nothings in my ear too! LOL! Working from home all the time has it's advantages, but being so sedentary is one of the side effects that sucks! I got little exercise when I was going into an office. Then after being stuck home, that literally went down to zero! You've got this... xoxo

Ahh Well the nursery went a bit messed up. Can't get 30hrs so she can't go into the same one as the other girls so not sure what to do now lol. Gotta do nursery hunting now its just so hard to find hours that fit with the school run
  • PackerFanInGB
    Hello wonderful JFTers! Sorry for all the random posts/replies but I was trying to go back some and catch up!

I got my 2nd knee injection of Euflexxa on Monday. One more next Monday and then hopefully it kicks in and acts as cartilage in my kneecap so I can walk without the bone-on-bone rubbing! I'm so excited! I may try taking my dog out for a little walk today. I will have to make sure I don't go far or I'll pay for it. But I'm so jealous seeing my husband go for walks with her every day instead of me! LOL! I'm really grateful he is doing it...but I wish it were me. :mrgreen:

@Bex953172 I love that chocolate teapot! What a cool surprise! I've never seen one. I'd have probably eaten the spout by now...

@cschmitz110515 Your parents look fantastic! 65 years? Wow! Congratulations to them! That cake looks good enough to eat...as in eating a whole layer myself! LOL Your mom was a beautiful bride!

Have a great day everyone!

Just for Wednesday, 4/14/2021 (Day 7 of no-added sugar and low carb veggies):
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • Journal food and Complete Diary at the end of the day
    • Drink at least one cup of green tea, 64 oz of water, and remember vitamins
    • Schedule appts I've been putting off.
    • Physical: 30 minutes (Either take Maddie for a walk or join Planet and try riding a stationary bike)
    • 20-20-20 challenge
    • Self Care: 30 minutes (Mani/Pedi is sorely needed)
    • Spiritual Care: 30 minutes (Calm app, readings, journaling)
    • Kitchen closed at 7:00 PM
    • Evening Routine

Today's One Small Change:No sour cream on my taco salad tonight.

Small Habit focus this week: Drink one cup of hot lemon water upon rising in the morning

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Maybe I was a little crabby seeing snow fall this morning. But it wasn't sticking to the ground so that's good. Not like our April 13-16 blizzard in 2018. I looked up my after photo just for fun.
    gh06gpv96c9r.jpg
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member
    Maybe I was a little crabby seeing snow fall this morning. But it wasn't sticking to the ground so that's good. Not like our April 13-16 blizzard in 2018. I looked up my after photo just for fun.
    gh06gpv96c9r.jpg

WOW!