Hello, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Options
2»

Replies

• gaiaresurrected
    gaiaresurrected Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    it just leaves me sadly jealous of the chick on my “friends list” who runs like the wind for two hours a day. You know: sadly inadequate.
    🤔Who is this chick🐣?

@SavageMrsMoose She’s killing it.

You know, it must be something with mooses (moose?) because some other moose chick on my feed table dances in 6-8 inch heels every day.

Or that’s what I SWEAR my eyes see every day, til I do the ScoobyDoo head shake and reset my eyes. But whatever it is the...errr....other Moose is doing is sure burning the calories.

I cackled at that. I was 27 before I learned to walk in stilettos without looking like I was auditioning to be a pantomime dame. I'm 5' 9" barefoot, the ex was about the same height, so we had 'issues' when I wore my stiletto-heeled Dr Marten boots, they're gorgeous, but not for dancing in, my 'dancing' is a bit special, somewhat reminiscent of a jellyfish being electrocuted, I worry people might call an ambulance.
  • gaiaresurrected
    Options
    1des30c54sos.jpeg
    Every time I see this I think it says 6-8 inch heels and I’m in awe

Dear Gods! When I was at school, we had step classes as a trial. I fell off the step. Balance and co-ordination are not my thing, and I have 'directional dyslexia' (not a thing), my head confuses left and right, so I frequently refer to 'the other left'. When I attended yoga classes, I was the one the instructor had to say "No, your other leg." to. "That IS my other leg, I only have two to choose from, I'm running out of options here."
  • gaiaresurrected
    Options
    it just leaves me sadly jealous of the chick on my “friends list” who runs like the wind for two hours a day. You know: sadly inadequate.
    🤔Who is this chick🐣?

@SavageMrsMoose She’s killing it.

You know, it must be something with mooses (moose?) because some other moose chick on my feed table dances in 6-8 inch heels every day.

Or that’s what I SWEAR my eyes see every day, til I do the ScoobyDoo head shake and reset my eyes. But whatever it is the...errr....other Moose is doing is sure burning the calories.

Omg. I died laughing 🤣

Also chuckling at this, the last time my beautiful stilettos were out, I 'smashed it'. Unfortunately, the 'it' in this case was my top lip, after a rapid and unplanned face-down lie-down in a pub. There was gin involved, and I'm still perplexed at HOW my mouth hit the floor, not my nose/forehead, I looked like I'd had cheap implants for about a week. I'm clumsy and uncoordinated, I can fall off the floor, those boots, and that much gin is a mistake I'm not planning to repeat.
  • gaiaresurrected
    Options
    Apologies to those who posted earlier this week, I'm still working my way around this platform, and didn't realise there were replies.

A couple of weeks into using MFP, I'm gradually adjusting to eating three times a day, I was a horrendous 'grazer', but don't really have an appetite, I'd eat food 'because it was there', the accountability with this system is helping me, as is looking at the overview, to see what macronutrients I 'need' for dinner, to round-out the balance for the day. (Still tend to go 'over' on carbs, because my head is still stuck in the 'Eatwell Guidance' mode.)

Getting into something like a routine for exercise is going to be the next step, amongst my plethora of medical issues, I have photo-sensitive hemiplegic migraine, I can't go out and do my walking if the light is 'wrong' (As well as everywhere in this village being uphill, far too many of the streets I walk on seem to point east, at this time of year, the angle of the morning sun is problematic.)

The 'Core Restore' trial I've signed up for starts at the end of the month, so I'm doing some gentle prep-work to avoid completely embarrassing myself, a bit like those people who tidy up before their cleaner comes.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    I wore stilettos for my daughters wedding a couple Christmases ago. First-and last- time in twenty years or so. Unbelievably painful. And like ice skating, no good if you have weak ankles.

The 'Core Restore' trial I've signed up for starts at the end of the month, so I'm doing some gentle prep-work to avoid completely embarrassing myself, a bit like those people who tidy up before their cleaner comes.

Hahaha!!!! I love this on so many levels!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any YouTube videos by Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone or Pahla B? They have some beginner workouts...
  • gaiaresurrected
    Options
    I wore stilettos for my daughters wedding a couple Christmases ago. First-and last- time in twenty years or so. Unbelievably painful. And like ice skating, no good if you have weak ankles.

Hahaha!!!! I love this on so many levels!

Hehe, I wore ex-army boots at MY wedding, I'm not conventional, or girly. I used to wear 'those' boots when I was security at school proms. "Miss, how can you stand up all night in those?" from girls with their heels in their hands. "Practice." (And a ludicrously high tolerance for pain.)

Tidying up for the cleaner always amuses me, my mother used to hire a sunbed before holidays, so our Yorkshire-white skin didn't snow-blind people on the beach. I'm SUPPOSED to be this pale, the one time she insisted I use the sunbed, I blistered to hell, I'm not the kind of ginger that tans.
  • gaiaresurrected
    Options
    Have you tried any YouTube videos by Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone or Pahla B? They have some beginner workouts...

I haven't, might look them up. In a previous spate of get-fit, I bought a Jillian Michaels 30-day shred DVD, and always wanted to opt-out/vomit at minute 17 of 20. I have no low gears, I'm all-in, or not in at all, I need to be more careful with myself.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Jillian is a little tough. Try the ones I mentioned, and let me know what kind of workouts you like. I'll try to recommend some others.