JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »
    Up 6.8# in one week. Not surprising with an extra 8,806 calories. Stuck to my 8 to 6 hours for eating and came close to my hours for working out but beyond that, meh..

For Sunday

-1999 calories 2649 for the day. Averaged 3258 for the week
    -Work out for 85 minutes 93 minutes for the da, 6:28 for the week including 4000#, 525 crunches, 105 push ups, 210 lunges and 11.24 miles or exercise walks

No commitments for Monday

2808 calories
    0 work out

No commitments for Tuesday
  • sviers13
    sviers13 Posts: 109 Member
    JFT

Log everything
    Exercise even if only for ten minutes
    Start with only one serving
    Pay attention to the physical effects of the food I eat
    Be kind to my body
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2021
    Recap 4/19 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 13/14 & 8.3K
    2) Net cals zero / 12c water :s Still struggling. Even with water = 9c, -344 & high sodium.
    3) GA-IT / keep up w/ emails / Facebook Live 12:00 / PRO s/s updates = 3/3
    4) On way home: bank deposit / Sam's Club = 2/2
    5) Register for Covid vax / call for bst / decide Schwan's order or cancel / download speaker's slides (workplace blocks links) for W = 4/4
    6) Make chicken salad w/ rotisserie chicken / prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / one other chore? yes = 3/5
    7) Unplug 9:00 :| 9:15 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4.5/5

JFT 4/20 T
    1) Walked dog 3.79 mi before work B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Supper? / net cals zero / no evening snacks / 12c water
    4) GA-IT / call Michelle / call Myron / webinar 11:00 (pace) / PRO s/s comments / keep up w/ emails
    5) Check UMR docs / prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / online concert 7:00? / meal plan & grocery list / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / other chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Battled snooze alarm & got out of bed after 2X. Cold outside but no wind so put on winter coat, gloves & hat and had lovely walk with sun coming up. Saw cranes & turkeys, noticed red-winged blackbirds are back. By the time I drove to the office, skies were cloudy, very glad I got to enjoy some sun today.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    JFT Mon
    - go back to bed :smiley:
    - Work from home :smiley:
    - Take Sierra’s car to the shop :smiley:
    - Maybe go for a walk :(
    - Tacos for dinner :( Spaghetti
    - Bed by 11:30 :(
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:

Have a blessed day y’all!

Yesterday started out good, but come evening everything went to hell in a handbasket. There is major girl drama on the crew team and my daughter is being portrayed as the "Mean Girl" when all she was trying to do was include a girl that wasn't initially included.

We decided to do an overnight stay for the regatta on May 9, and we told Sierra to invite some friends to go up with us and we'd get them a separate room. She ended up inviting 6 girls so 2 rooms, no biggie. There is one girl on the team that is in boats with the girls invited, but she isn't really a friend to Sierra so she didn't get invited initially. Sierra felt bad for excluding her and sent a group message to ask the other girls if they should invite her. Unfortunately, she sent it to the wrong text thread and the excluded girl read it. It totally blew up. Funny thing is this girl has been mean to Sierra all season and to a few others. I'm pretty sure if Briella's parents asked her to invite friends, Sierra would not be included, because well, they aren't friends... Anyway, Sierra was blamed for the whole thing, when in all honesty she was trying to reinclude the snotty girl. Sierra has been crying for 3 days over this and yesterday's sit down with the coach just made it worse. He put no blame on the fact that Briella has been treating the other girls poorly and placed all of the blame squarely on Sierra. I do understand that Briella's feelings were hurt, but not everyone was invited. There are 20 girls on the team only 6 were invited. None of the other girls were bothered by this. It's a royal mess. Now there are rules about how the kids can communicate with each other and everything has to go through the coach.

Anyway, this lead to me drinking last night, which is not part of my game plan. I did manage to stay within my calorie allotment for the day, but not the way I wanted to. At least I didn't munch while I drank. I do feel bloated today, but its also TOM, I'm giving me until Thursday for the water weight to fall, then I'll weigh in. I've done pretty well lately, but you just never know what the scale will say.

I hate when people mess with my kids! Hopefully today will be better for Sierra.

On an up note, V was offered a ticket to go cheer for her teammates at the state swim meet today. She has to miss school to do it, but she is a straight A student and with no discipline problems so I'm okay with that.

Enough of that, today I'm at work, so I had to get dressed. Nothing really planned today, if it stays nice I may try to squeeze in a bike ride.

JFT Tuesday
    - Go to work :smiley:
    - Fill out medical paper work for V's new therapist :smiley:
    - Eat between 11:00am & 9:00pm
    - Log all food
    - Stay green
    - Maybe ride
    - Bed by 11:30
    - No alcohol
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    JFT Mon
    - go back to bed :smiley:
    - Work from home :smiley:
    - Take Sierra’s car to the shop :smiley:
    - Maybe go for a walk :(
    - Tacos for dinner :( Spaghetti
    - Bed by 11:30 :(
    - Log food :smiley:

Have a blessed day y’all!

Yesterday started out good, but come evening everything went to hell in a handbasket. There is major girl drama on the crew team and my daughter is being portrayed as the "Mean Girl" when all she was trying to do was include a girl that wasn't initially included.

We decided to do an overnight stay for the regatta on May 9, and we told Sierra to invite some friends to go up with us and we'd get them a separate room. She ended up inviting 6 girls so 2 rooms, no biggie. There is one girl on the team that is in boats with the girls invited, but she isn't really a friend to Sierra so she didn't get invited initially. Sierra felt bad for excluding her and sent a group message to ask the other girls if they should invite her. Unfortunately, she sent it to the wrong text thread and the excluded girl read it. It totally blew up. Funny thing is this girl has been mean to Sierra all season and to a few others. I'm pretty sure if Briella's parents asked her to invite friends, Sierra would not be included, because well, they aren't friends... Anyway, Sierra was blamed for the whole thing, when in all honesty she was trying to reinclude the snotty girl. Sierra has been crying for 3 days over this and yesterday's sit down with the coach just made it worse. He put no blame on the fact that Briella has been treating the other girls poorly and placed all of the blame squarely on Sierra. I do understand that Briella's feelings were hurt, but not everyone was invited. There are 20 girls on the team only 6 were invited. None of the other girls were bothered by this. It's a royal mess. Now there are rules about how the kids can communicate with each other and everything has to go through the coach.

Anyway, this lead to me drinking last night, which is not part of my game plan. I did manage to stay within my calorie allotment for the day, but not the way I wanted to. At least I didn't munch while I drank. I do feel bloated today, but its also TOM, I'm giving me until Thursday for the water weight to fall, then I'll weigh in. I've done pretty well lately, but you just never know what the scale will say.

I hate when people mess with my kids! Hopefully today will be better for Sierra.

On an up note, V was offered a ticket to go cheer for her teammates at the state swim meet today. She has to miss school to do it, but she is a straight A student and with no discipline problems so I'm okay with that.

Enough of that, today I'm at work, so I had to get dressed. Nothing really planned today, if it stays nice I may try to squeeze in a bike ride.

JFT Tuesday
    - Eat between 11:00am & 9:00pm
    - Log all food
    - Stay green
    - Maybe ride
    - No alcohol

Eugh that sounds messy! How very unfortunate it went to the wrong thread when she was trying to do something nice.
    I hope it all resolves soon and they can start getting along!

I get fiercely protective over mine too and would probably want to tear them to shreds!

Also well done on keeping in your calories for two weeks, that's brilliant commitment :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @mytime6630 I am sorry but I don’t have a clue about the answer and I’m not really sure that there is one in relation to your daughter as I’m guessing it’s part of her illness. I am wondering how your son would react if he knew how you were feeling? You and I both know that the answer is not in the fridge and I send you hugs. I hope someone else on here has ideas that will help.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Thu 20 Apr

Rather too late to post goals for today so I might as well give my usual goals and outcomes!

Log😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 👿 and am not going to catch up now as I want to sleep tonight!
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I can't be bothered with today. Can't be bothered at all.

I'll still give it a go though

- Water ❌
    - Log✔️ and in the greeeeen 😁
    - Exercise ✔️ 10K steps

Have a good day everyone.

Well for someone who really couldn't be bothered today I did okay I think
    The rest of my day was mostly sleeping and moping about, did a few pots, hoovered a couple of rooms etc.

@mytime6630 I have read your post and I'm so sorry you feel the way you do. I also don't know much about it but I've been reading up on her disorder to see if there's anything I can help with, so I'll let you know if I do although I'm sure you've read it all before, there might just be something xxxx

@WellingTX hey how you getting on, your posts aren't as big as they used to be and I've noticed your calories are higher than your limit, you were doing great! Is there anything we can help with to get you on track again?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. AM run.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday. Write notes for Thursday video.
    3. Classes: 5x5 #4; send progress reports home.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Grade WM projects and late work. Check in and make plans for make-up work.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Draft notes for issues script.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Pizza. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Livestream
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today wasn't as bad as yesterday.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Again running a bit late so just posting quickly!

Yesterday's goals:

Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green :)
    Drink 4 bottles water :)
    Prepare for this week's house viewings :)
    Spend some quality time with boyfriend :|Not so much, finished work late and then had a bit of an argument. But made up by bedtime.

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Food plan & update order
    Make healthy lunches
    Prepare for tomorrow's house viewing!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Wed 21 April

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

Wash the bedding - the cat decided to deposit a fur ball on my bed - eughhhh 🐾🐾 ❤️
  • Bex953172
    Wednesday

- Water
    - Exercise
    - Log log log
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 4/20 T
    1) Walked dog 3.79 mi before work B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 16.5K
    3) Supper? / net cals zero / no evening snacks / 12c water :smiley: Ended up eating leftovers for supper & NO evening snacking. Win! Green 45 & 13c
    4) GA-IT / call Michelle / call Myron / webinar 11:00 (pace) / PRO s/s comments / keep up w/ emails = 5/6
    5) Check UMR docs / prep lunch, snacks, water bottles & overnight oats / online concert 7:00? :) listened while I washed dishes ~ twofer! / meal plan & grocery list / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / other chore? yes = 6.5/7
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :mrgreen: 5/5 getting myself back on track before bed

JFT 4/21 W
    1) Walked dog 3.75 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during 2 webinars
    3) Finish leftovers? / net cals zero / no evening snacks / 12c water
    4) GA-IT / submit JMIO / call Myron / webinars 10-12 & 12:30-1:30 / PRO s/s comments / print SS EE sheet / email PRO s/s end of day / pack for work at home
    5) Print correct UMR EOB / call mom & dad / at least one chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (walk dog before work)

Yesterday I was surprised to see a few snow flurries, nothing that stuck. This morning we had snow on April flowers when I left the house at 6 a.m. to walk dog. Kind of pretty. Helps knowing it won't be around long. Plus had fun walk when bunch of turkeys crossed the road right in front of us, some even in low flight. Also saw several bunnies out and about.
    h8zcr42h4f3q.jpg
    qyqjvlwcexjh.jpg
    c512ckyhb8v2.jpg
    yyaa5ej2lxc4.jpg

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    JFT Tuesday
    - Eat between 11:00am & 9:00pm :smiley:
    - Log all food :smiley:
    - Maybe ride :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:

Other than the fact that I was overly emotional yesterday, things were ok. Tim called the coach and talked to him a bit about the situation, and how poorly Sierra took it. It seems to be a little better. I left work early because I was just not in the mood for it, and I thought a bike ride might do me some good. Well, turns out I wasn't much in the mood to ride especially in the wind, so I only did an hour. By the time I got home I was still down, but no longer crying. I guess being outside helped a bit. Luckily I went for a ride because I had a huge dinner and a small piece of homemade strawberry pie. I didn't care much for the glaze, but the strawberries were good. I did manage to stay under calories thanks to the bike ride. I was exhausted after dinner and fell asleep on the couch around 9:30. Guess I my emotions wore me out.

Today I got my 2nd vaccination shot, so in 2 weeks I'll be considered fully protected. Yay! Hopefully my side effects from the 2nd dose will be mild. Some folks seem to have a really rough time with this one. I get to play research chemist today and work on developing a new extraction technique for metals analysis by ICP. I kind of like this sort of thing, but to be honest, I'm not really n the mood for it today. Oh well, maybe once I start it will be interesting.

Otherwise, it snowed here last night and is cold, windy & gray today. Not much chance of me exercising outside, and I've found I hate the Peleton. Perhaps I'll venture to the gym. Probably not... I'm much more of a morning gym person. Guess that means rest day, so I'll need to watch my calories more closely. No strawberry pie tonight.

On with goals for today...

JFT Wednesday

- Shower :(
    - Get 2nd vaccination shot :smiley:
    - Go into work :smiley:
    - Catch up on MFP / JFT
    - Eat between 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
    - Log all food
    - Stay green
    - Experiment with new tech
    - No alcohol

Have a fantastic day y'all!
  • pridesabtch
    @mytime6630 SO sorry things are not going well with your daughter, that is an incredibly delicate situation. I have no words of wisdom, but you and your family are in my prayers.

@ZizzyBumble Cats can be terribly annoying, but they are just so darn cute. I can't stay mad at them. BTW, great job on the negative weight trend!

@bookmeister86 So glad to see you posting again regularly. I've missed you!

@littleblackskirt We all have days like that, give yourself a break, just fix it going forward. Just For Today, be strong. I hope you get your mojo back soon!

@Bex953172 You'll knock off those 3 pounds and more. You've got this!

@sviers13 Brilliant insight about how the food makes you feel. Hard to implement, but very worth while. You are doing great!

@cschmitz110515 Snowed here too, just a little stuck, but it was pretty. Glad you had a pleasant walk this morning.

@Snowflake1968 Hope you are doing well, I know you have been crazy busy. How is the rehab going?