Recommendations on tv shows / movies for weight loss / health motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    My 600 LB Life was what really motivated me to change, to be completely honest. Three years ago I was 250 lbs at 5 feet tall and experiencing heart palpitations, panic attacks, and just feeling really miserable overall. I saw myself becoming those people very soon if I did not change. The success stories would motivate me as well. I was like, 'If they can lose 200+ lbs, so can I!' I was determined to do it, and my mindset was no matter how slowly it takes, I just need to get it off and not go back. Almost 100 lbs down now, and I feel better than I've ever felt. Now I watch active wear hauls on YouTube and healthy What I Eat in a Day videos to keep me on track :)
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just thought of another... It's not tv, but I am really inspired and motivated by the half size me podcast on Google play. It's taught me a lot about sustainable weight loss and how to have a healthy relationship with food.

I agree with this! Half Size Me is great!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I watch Supersize vs Superskinny on Youtube. It addresses poor eating habits, eating disorders and make lifestyle changes.
  • RepswithRyan
    RepswithRyan Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Rocky IV
    Kickboxer
    Cobra Kai
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    I watch Supersize vs Superskinny on Youtube. It addresses poor eating habits, eating disorders and make lifestyle changes.

I <3 these two shows, highly recommend! :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    @meeppeepneep That's a good one too :-) It amazes me how many in that show genuinely don't realise how much they eat and drink. I just started watching “Generation XXL” on Youtube. It breaks my heart to see how it not only affects those kids physical health, but their social life, their emotional well-being and self-esteem as well. Thinking back to my childhood, overweight kids were the exception.
  • anna_lowe
    anna_lowe Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    where can i find secret eaters?

i wish my 600 lb life had hidden cameras
  • meeppeepneep
    Options
  • meeppeepneep
    Options
    @mmnv79 super size v super skinny was the show that inspired me to actually write down what I eat. the problem is that i tend to eat much less when I'm actuallly paying attention to what I eat.
  • aacha0908
    aacha0908 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight/staying healthy it's not about finding motivation, but about learning discipline.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I get what you’re asking, but just a thought that I used to substitute reading and watching for the real thing of doing. It was a strange mind game that if I thought about it enough I almost felt like I was doing it.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've been watching Fit to Fat to Fit. Full episodes are on youtube, and they have trainers gain weight and the lose it with their clients. I think it's really interesting to see everything the trainers go through when they gain the weight.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I agree to the concept of ‘get up and move’ and ‘motivate from within’ mentioned in many of the above responses, but watching tv is a common pastime, especially right now, and you can’t be moving all day long. This is going to sound really weird and my family hates it when I watch it.... I like my 600 pound life and family by the ton. The people are so incredibly obese, it is unimaginable how they got there, but somehow watching and listening to their often heart wrenching stories helps keep me ‘out of the cookie jar’. I also watched an Australian show on Netflix called ‘bring the sexy back’ that was motivational, but I did find their goals a little unrealistic and wonder if the participants kept it off. My favourite exercise show is Strong. They only did one season of it, but I found the competitive style of this Netflix show very captivating and inspirational.

Happy moving and happy watching.