“Situationship”

Options
Hotelsma
Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
Anyone been in one before or even know what one is lol if you have how did you get over?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,631 Member
    Options
    I had to look it up. Lots of definitions of one so basically, I'd say, EVERYONE has been in one. :)

I've done the hanging out with guys and things happen situation, and the booty call situation, and the feelings on only one side :) situation and the actual dating situation.

What are you trying to get over?
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Google says: A situationship is a romantic relationship that's undefined or uncommitted. It may be based on convenience or short-term circumstances. That doesn't mean a situationship can't have some or even all the trappings of a regular relationship, including an emotional connection.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Google says: A situationship is a romantic relationship that's undefined or uncommitted. It may be based on convenience or short-term circumstances. That doesn't mean a situationship can't have some or even all the trappings of a regular relationship, including an emotional connection.

I think I'm in a situationship with my MFP friends list

Your entire list?

I'm offended, I thought our situationship was exclusive.

I'm breaking it off and heading over to @Motorsheen bc he's next on my friend list

But we are. We're just in different time zones so sometimes I get bored. I'm sorry, I won't do it again 😆😘
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

I think I'm in a situationship with my MFP friends list

Your entire list?

I'm offended, I thought our situationship was exclusive.

I'm breaking it off and heading over to @Motorsheen bc he's next on my friend list

Approved.
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    I’m so glad I asked this question 😂😂😂

To add some context I broke up with an ex over 15 years ago but we still remained In contact. We broke up because off cultural/religious clashes (yeah I know it’s sad) we met stayed together many times usual stuff not we was never official as we couldn’t be. Think I hate her for various reasons but I still miss here lol. Our thing can never be more than a situationship so that’s why I need a way to forget her lol
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    I personally never get over anything. Like, just literally block them from your mind.

Bloody hard when they even still appear on your dreams 😒
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I had to look it up. Lots of definitions of one so basically, I'd say, EVERYONE has been in one. :)

I've done the hanging out with guys and things happen situation, and the booty call situation, and the feelings on only one side :) situation and the actual dating situation.

What are you trying to get over?

@glassyo i guess just her lol. Our thing was perfect. When both of us felt low we had each other. We was each other’s escapism if you will. Now it’s all gone
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Hotelsma wrote: »
    Anyone been in one before or even know what one is lol if you have how did you get over?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zzcvz1zd0jtbcaskili2j50hqeyno41zruwi5276&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Loooooool lies lies lies looooool
  • Hotelsma
    Options

@Peachesand_cream you can always trust good old google for answers 😂.

Oh trust me it doesn’t have all the trapping of a real relationship.

We had such a strong bond I guess I just miss it
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    @Miss_Chiev0us @Motorsheen @Peachesand_cream a situationship in different time zones???? Now that’s an idea 🤔
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I’m so glad I asked this question 😂😂😂

To add some context I broke up with an ex over 15 years ago but we still remained In contact. We broke up because off cultural/religious clashes (yeah I know it’s sad) we met stayed together many times usual stuff not we was never official as we couldn’t be. Think I hate her for various reasons but I still miss here lol. Our thing can never be more than a situationship so that’s why I need a way to forget her lol

Sounds like you were married.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I personally never get over anything. Like, just literally block them from your mind.

Bloody hard when they even still appear on your dreams 😒

Oh I still dream about a 9 year past situationship BUT in your waking hours just try not to dwell and realize that you are dreaming up a unrealistic fantasy about nothing that could actually happen irl. Even the actual real memories are warped from time and loneliness.
    There’s really just something about ‘potential’ like yall started something and then nothing, and them not choosing you that somehow is the perfect trap into thinking about them until you die. I’m sorry bro, it happens to the best of us. Just realize that it’s not even about them, it’s about you. What should you be focusing on that you’re avoiding by dwelling on an escape?
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    @Analog_Kid you could say that 😩
  • Hotelsma
    Options
    @OpheliaCooter man you understand the pain bruv. You know what sad is I still have plenty of stuff she’s given and don’t have the heart to bin em.

But ultimately your right. I need to focus on the problems head on instead of finding easy yo escape 👊🏽
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    @Miss_Chiev0us @Motorsheen @Peachesand_cream a situationship in different time zones???? Now that’s an idea 🤔

Oh gosh, don't listen to me. I'm the worst
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

Oh gosh, don't listen to me. I'm the worst

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479he3xi78pnvtqslx629oimthuhfmdv7o83yp7a74&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g