Friend Requests - Provocative Pictures???

Am I the only one that have been getting friends requests, with profile pictures no quite related to what we are here for? The last couple of days , 3 or 4 with women profile pictures in poses that have nothing to do with this site.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited April 2021
    There is a massive thread about this, you can post the user names or link to their profile and staff will remove the user. I will see if I can find the link to the thread for you.

Edited here is the link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/45932992#Comment_45932992

• Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    There is a massive thread about this, you can post the user names or link to their profile and staff will remove the user. I will see if I can find the link to the thread for you.

Edited here is the link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/45932992#Comment_45932992

Thank you. It will have to be next time I get another one. I declined them .
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Me too. Thank you.
    I declined the friend requests when I got them. There were 3. All very nude, from what I could tell.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Yep. I get those on occasion.

I accept every friend request I received. Never know what people get out of it. Somebody might like a photo I posted and want to see more, find it motivating to see people exercise, want vegetarian meal ideas, whatever. If being online friends helps somebody, it's not like it hurts me and I like good karma.

The scam is they post links. Pretty common sense not to click them so I don't know if it's just ads, malware to take over your phone, or what, but the point is to give people links. Obviously the fact that they're posted by almost naked young women is to encourage young men to click.

MFP moderators don't have access to your friend requests, they're not asleep at the job or anything, they're giving you privacy. If you bring it to their attention they'll disable the problem account.
  • Round3Again
    Round3Again Posts: 8 Member
    I got several of them as well, so I just deleted them.