New to MFP, in search of others with weight problems. Let’s keep each other motivated.

Options
Hsvaquita
Hsvaquita Posts: 24 Member
edited April 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I’m 37, female, live in north Alabama. I have been struggling with my weight almost all my life. I’ve seriously tried to do something to lose weight 5 times in my life and they all worked. But then I gained it all back and a lot more on top of the original loss. My last attempt was a year ago when I joined WW for the first time. I lost 14lbs in those 3 months, and then the pandemic hit so out the window my “new and healthier” lifestyle went.

I work 5-6 days a week for 9-12 hours a day. I weighed myself for the first time in over a year exactly 1 week ago. I am almost at my highest weight ever, CW: 258lbs. I am just 5’5” so I am morbidly obese at this point. I have been keeping track of my food for the past week and have managed to stay in a healthy caloric intake daily. I have been swapping the sugar loaded foods I love so much for healthier choices.

What I am looking for is basically a support system. I live alone here, I have had no friends since moving here 2 years ago. My family and friends live thousands of miles away and with this pandemic I have been so isolated that I’ve been eating my feelings for the past year.

I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin and be healthy for once! I have high blood pressure that is being managed medically and I am celiac. My GW as of this week is 145lbs. I want to stay on this path and reach my goal.

Let’s keep each other motivated! This is a long journey to reach this goal and we all need someone to be there to celebrate the small victories with us as well as be there supporting us through the setbacks. :)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

I'm about your height (5'5"), but at a different phase. I lost from class 1 obese to a healthy weight back in 2015-16, and have been maintaining since.

Though I'd not be the best companion for your efforts, I wanted to stop by and say that MFP can be a big help, can truly work.

You are off to a great start, from the sound of things, with many reasons to keep going.

I wish you major success!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    P.S. You might enjoy this group,

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

It's for people who have (or had) 75 pounds or more to lose. It's pretty active and current, and has lots of nice people in it.

Best wishes!
  • jamie_playftl
    jamie_playftl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am pretty much in the same boat, with around 120lbs to lose. I'm trying to develop some lifelong changes this time around, as I lost 97lbs in 2013 ... only to gain it all back due to non-sustainble habits (Like exercising for 4 hours only to eat a 1,200 calories McDonalds meal) -- definitely looking for support, will send you an add! :)
  • Hsvaquita
    Options
    Hey there! I am pretty much in the same boat, with around 120lbs to lose. I'm trying to develop some lifelong changes this time around, as I lost 97lbs in 2013 ... only to gain it all back due to non-sustainble habits (Like exercising for 4 hours only to eat a 1,200 calories McDonalds meal) -- definitely looking for support, will send you an add! :)

I completely identify with that! My 2010 attempt led me to my now goal weight and it didn’t stick because I was eating like a rabbit and forbade myself from touching or thinking about the foods I love and enjoy eating. This time around I won’t ban food from my life, I will however portion control because I don’t need the whole cake to be happy, a slice every other day will still make me happy and I’ll still enjoy it. I just need to reprogram my habita to not go straight for the cake because I had a bad day. A little hike to my favorite spot in town will calm me down and center me as much as focusing on cake would and it’s a healthier way of dealing with my stress.
    I will be looking for your friend request :)
  • fitstrongfitlove
    fitstrongfitlove Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get to 140ish from 155atm. I am proud of myself for logging everyday since 3/30.

I am impressed that you are reaching out. I am relatively new to actually using MFP. I don't know exactly how communities/friendships are developed and maintained. I just scroll around and leave comments where I am inspired. I was once part of an active instagram community, #fitgirls or #fgg.. It really helped me at the time especially because I was feeling really alone back in 2016/2017 .

I/ wish you success, hang in there when the going gets tough, it will be worth it. At the end of the day, you will be physically and emotionally healthier for making these changes.
  • Hsvaquita
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @purplebeetsalad thank you! Well you keep on replying and creating posts and people will start friending you and you can go from there with messages to each other I think. At least that’s how I’d like to think it works. I’ll keep posting and replying and forming a community that will be my “weight loss and healthier habits family” so we can all help and inspire each other. The habit changing and weight losing thing is really hard when you are just by yourself.