What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love that we have so many readers here on MFP!
    I finished Bright Shiny Morning, loved it, and still think about a lot that was in it still.
    I'm starting Beautiful Children by Charles bock. His debut novel, looks like it's going to be pretty gritty and fast paced. Just my style!
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    Terry Prattchets "Unseen Academicals" all his stuff is great escapism
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    Finished "Beautiful Children"...honestly, unimressed..spent too much energy trying to figure out just WTF was going on with the cahractes to be able to follow the story. Then I finished a book I started reading a few months back, a nice trashy one... "A Body To Die For" by Kate White. Not too bad, quick read with a dash of sex for fun,.
    Now I'm reading "But Insude I'm Screaming" by Elizabeth Flock. I bought it years ago and I think I started to read it and put it down. Now I'm starting it again and have really gotten into it.

Anyone else reading anything good?
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The Twilight Saga as soon as I finish one start all over again ! How sad am I lol
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    The Help, a noval by Kathryn Stockett
    Just finished "The Help" yesterday morning at work. It was a good, easy read.

I started/finished "The Wednesday Letters" by Jason F Wright last night. Another good book and I had tears a few times.

Today (at work...yes, I can read at my job....a lot) I started/finished "Outtakes From A Marriage" by Ann Leary. it was just ok. I really disliked the ending.

Not sure what I'll start next. I have a whole slue of books on my Goodreads list but it all depends on what's on shelf at the library. I had to quit buying books bc I read them so fast!

Oh...I'm also reading "1-2-3 Magic" and "Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex". Those are off again, on again books I read between the Chick Lit.
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex".
    [/quote]

Sounds interesting!

Going to have to hit the local library, too!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    "Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex".

Sounds interesting!

It's quite humorous for a non-fiction book. Just hard to read all in one sitting. The author, Mary Roach, also wrote "Stiff: The Curious lives of Human Cadavers" and "Spook: Science Tackles the After Life". Both of which are on my 'to read' list.
  • kwallen90
    kwallen90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started reading Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga. Love it!:flowerforyou:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Forgot to add, I went to the library last night and picked up "the Secret Life of Bees" (fiction) and "The Year of Magical Thinking" (non-fiction).
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Long Lost by Harlan Coben
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    The Life of Pi by Yan Martel
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Roses are Red, by James Patterson
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Finished "Beautiful Children"...honestly, unimressed..spent too much energy trying to figure out just WTF was going on with the cahractes to be able to follow the story. Then I finished a book I started reading a few months back, a nice trashy one... "A Body To Die For" by Kate White. Not too bad, quick read with a dash of sex for fun,.
    Now I'm reading "But Insude I'm Screaming" by Elizabeth Flock. I bought it years ago and I think I started to read it and put it down. Now I'm starting it again and have really gotten into it.

Anyone else reading anything good?

Elizabeth Flock wrote a book that stunned me... it was called Me & Emma. Anything I say will be a spoiler, but suffice to say I am 100% with you in total adoration of Stephen King, and if we share that then I can safely say you'll tear through Me & Emma in no time. I can't say that you'll enjoy it...because...ah just go get it. It's gripping.
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    I just finished But Inside I'm Screaming. Will have to check out Me & Emma, I enjoyed But Inside I'm Screaming enough to try out another of her books. i'll have to look for it.
    In the mean time I'm going to start The Face by Koontz. Not a particularly huge fan of Koontz, but he'll do in a pinch!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Just One Look by Harlan Coben
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I read 'The last Child' by John Hart, I then read 'The Mephisto Club' by Tess Gerritsen which I finished yesterday and I have yet to start a new book :-(

I am trying to persuade my Husband to read 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Steig Larson, as I think he will like it a lot. Great book.
  • keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts everyone - I love getting book tips. I am reading Jane Eyre on the recommendation of a friend - it's quite long but so far so good.

Before that I read The Girls from Ames - A Story of Women and a Forty-Year Friendship, by Jeffrey Zaslow. I thought it was really good, and an easy read.

I'm looking forward to reading the Steig Larson books too - everyone seems to love those!
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    this thread
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just finished the book of short stories that was recommended to me by a friend. The author self published and is apparently a HUGE Cathe fan, which made me smile. I seriously recommend it -- I was moved by so many of the stories.

It's on Amazon: "Confessions" by Christine Heuner

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Christine-C-Heuner/dp/1463601166/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315876607&sr=8-1
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    I am reading "The Help" I really want to see the movie but I will wait until it comes out on DVD. I am loving the book so far though.