Women 200lb+, Let's Be Marvelous This May!!!

Replies

• finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    finngirl61 wrote: »
    Thank you RavenStCloud for continuing the group into May! I look forward to seeing everyone's posts. It is encouraging. I just turned 70 and that milestone has hit me hard. It's taken 3 months just to lose 10 lbs, but it's better than gaining 10 lbs. I will aim for a realistic goal of 4+ lbs at least to lose in May. I am going to sign up for a few classes at our senior center. I think that will help. A really bad knee limits me, and I need surgery, but need to drop some weight first. Plus, stress at home is a constant obstacle. But, a few quotes help me- one is "When you feel like quitting, remember why you started". Another is "If you're tired, rest but don't quit". I love quotes and they do help me, so I will continue to share some more along the way, and maybe they'll help those struggling. We have to remember what wonderful, strong women we are- even on those rough days! ❤

Happy Birthday! What a great milestone!

Thanks!!!
  • finngirl61
    Angief05 wrote: »
    Hello ladies
    Glad to start a new month.
    I am 57 years old
    5'4"
    SW-265 lbs (Jan 1 2021)
    End of April 249 lbs
    UGW - 160 lbs
    I don't set a monthly goal weight, as I find if I do that I sabotage it.
    I am going to start doing Beachbody workout tomorrow May3rd. I plan to workout 5 days a week, and I also will have gardening and of course lawn mowing to do weekly.
    I am going to get consistent with my logging. Also make sure I drink my water! I have also decided to start drinking Shakeology again, I believe it really helps me.
    Let's all have a great May!

Wow, you went from 265 to 249- awesome!!
  • finngirl61
    speyerj wrote: »
    Name: Jane
    Height: 5' 9"
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    GW: 155

Weight tracking:
    May 1: 159.2
    May: 8:
    May: 15:
    May 22:
    May 29:
    May 31:

Fitness goals:
    Obtain average 7 day weight of 158 by end of month - Same goal as last month only this time I think it's achievable
    Weigh daily:
    Log food consistently:
    Run or Row 6 days a week:
    10,000 steps/day:
    45 Zone Minutes/day:
    Miles ran MTD: 9.16
    Miles ran YTD: 320.66

I modified my exercise goal from working out 7 days a week to 6 days a week. I have realized that I need to incorporate at least one rest day a week to give my muscles a chance to heal. Logging food consistently is going to be hard one. I didn't log all weekend. Weekends are my undoing. 🙄

Now that I am fully vaccinated, I've booked a flight to visit my mother and my sister's family in Houston in two weeks. I'm really excited. I plan to pack my scale. Maybe my food scale too. But it's going to be tough to exercise (I'm not used to Texas heat) and to stick to my food plan, but I am bound and determined to not gain weight on this trip.

I think planning meals and snacks will help you, plus ask your mom not to go overboard with extra food or treats- although maybe she wasn't planning to do tgat. My mom would always plan something special and that included more food! Ha ha
    You've already done so well since 2019- you should be proud of tgat and I'm sure you'll do fine. Enjoy time with your mom and try not to worry too much about weight. 😊❤
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Tracking before eating is surprisingly hard. I'm not sure why but it really is! I do have to saw that even though some things I tracked as I was eating must things I tracked before had and it stopped me from going way out of control.

This week my problem has been with my afternoon snack going out of control. I'm going to take my snack back to the office to eat it and not eat in the kitchen.

I love logging my food in advance, but I do it like, way in advance - since I've been prepping meals, I just log my breakfasts and lunches for the entire week on Sunday night, because they're already measured and packed and ready to go. (And 3-4 nights a week it's leftovers for dinner, so I can pre-log those when I log my dinner on the cooking nights.)

Are you logging RIGHT before eating, like go to kitchen > pick out a snack > grab phone and log snack > eat snack? I find doing that harder to manage than pre-logging my day well in advance - like, I decided to eat this granola bar for my snack today three days ago, so it's already in my diary and accounted for, therefore I don't have to stress about it now. Maybe try that? Even if you just pre-log snacks, not anything else, maybe going into the week knowing that at least *those* calories are already spoken for will help, if you don't struggle as much with your main meals. I know I have had periods where I've been in "hobbit mode" - make and eat breakfast, then go back for a second breakfast (like eggs and toast, followed 10 minutes later by a bowl of cereal because I was "still hungry"), then lunch is just going back into the kitchen over and over again for "one more little thing" until suddenly I've put away a thousand calories' worth of sandwich, chips, fruit, etc.

Haha Hobbit mode!! 😂 That is the best description ever. That is exactly how I feel so.e days.

Yes, since I have been working from home I no longer pretrack the food that I used to take to work (which covered lunch and snacks). I used to track everything except dinner by 6am. Now I'm trying to track before I take the first bite, but truth be told I'm more likely to track while I'm eating the food.