JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited May 2021
    Went to the grocery store thursday nite .. ice cream on sale 2 boxes fr $8.00 -- $4.00 a box. I was hungry, and bought the lighter version .. but still, I ended up eating almost an entire box in one day.
    The good things was that I got in a ton of exercise all weekend .. mowing the grass, 2 walks, each 6 miles each, planted a lot of flowers, painted coffee table, and cleaned house. But I have not been on this site, or logged food since mid week!
    But food wise .. I have been slacking with writing stuff down and drinking water. So need to get back on track ..

JFt, Monday
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating, especially in the evening
    3. go for walk. I may skip my morning walk since my back hurts, but try for evening walk.This also helps me with nitetime eating
    4. concentrate on water

but most important .. get back to writing down what I eat, and being aware. Get those last 10# off!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @mytime6630 - I have found that it’s better for me if I just keep tabs every day especially on holiday. Prelogging allows me to chose for the day and removes uncertainty. I get the basics sorted, then create wiggle room with exercise.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT- Sunday May 2
    1.5L water - :)
    Log all Food - :)
    15 minute walk - :*

JFT- Monday May 3
    1.5L water
    Log all Food
    15 minute walk
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited May 2021
    Where is everybody on JFT??? I really miss you!

JFT 5/3
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Home for lunch ~ yay! / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Cont. comparison of auth user lists to EE list / Facebook Live 12:00 / clear some email backlog
    4) X-train after work
    5) Call mom & dad / boil eggs / make hummer syrup & fill feeder / prep overnight oats & water bottles / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / other chore?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work & dentist appt.)

Saturday evening was very stressful as I started to get text alerts from my employer of an active shooter at one of the businesses. We live 2 miles due north of the location and we could hear sirens and a helicopter as area law enforcement and ambulances rushed to the scene. It was determined to be a targeted situation, the target was not at work and, unfortunately, two other employees lost their lives and another is in hospital with serious injuries. The shooter was killed in a standoff with police. A friend / former co-worker of mine also vaguely texted me that evening and I worried that she was at the scene. Found out the next morning she had driven to pick up her mother who had been at the scene, was safely evacuated, and needed a ride since her car was inaccessible. It was chaos for her mother and her to reunite since all area roads had been closed, but a law enforcement officer gave the mom (and others, I later learned) a ride in order to meet her daughter. Horrible situation, but reminds me there are good people in the world.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    SW: 194
    Day/Weight/Comment

Goal for Week: Elliptical- Complete full circuit of Dunvegan Castle

5/2- Our family event went off amazing yesterday. I was so proud of my son and family for pulling it off during Covid. I wished I had actually lost weight as I had planned before it. Time to start again and loose 20 before summer.

✔️Goal for today-not fall asleep on couch
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member

JFT 5/3
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Home for lunch ~ yay! / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Cont. comparison of auth user lists to EE list / Facebook Live 12:00 / clear some email backlog
    4) X-train after work
    5) Call mom & dad / boil eggs / make hummer syrup & fill feeder / prep overnight oats & water bottles / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / other chore?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work & dentist appt.)

Saturday evening was very stressful as I started to get text alerts from my employer of an active shooter at one of the businesses. We live 2 miles due north of the location and we could hear sirens and a helicopter as area law enforcement and ambulances rushed to the scene. It was determined to be a targeted situation, the target was not at work and, unfortunately, two other employees lost their lives and another is in hospital with serious injuries. The shooter was killed in a standoff with police. A friend / former co-worker of mine also vaguely texted me that evening and I worried that she was at the scene. Found out the next morning she had driven to pick up her mother who had been at the scene, was safely evacuated, and needed a ride since her car was inaccessible. It was chaos for her mother and her to reunite since all area roads had been closed, but a law enforcement officer gave the mom (and others, I later learned) a ride in order to meet her daughter. Horrible situation, but reminds me there are good people in the world.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

What an awful situation.
    I still to this day find it strange that you're all allowed guns over there. I mean i do understand why you're allowed them but it's awful when people use them in that way.
    You have to be liscenced to have a gun over here, mostly for hunting I would've thought.
    Although over here we have a lot of knife crime. Especially in London. There's always people getting stabbed.

Im glad they managed to reunite them and I'm sorry two people have died from the incident, how sad 😔
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Cool little thing from RMU. Ignore the messy house!
    mrovxrhuv48k.jpeg
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2021
    Cool little thing from RMU. Ignore the messy house!
    mrovxrhuv48k.jpeg

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! You should be so very proud! Great job, parents!
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2021

I was thinking about you and PackerFanin when I read this. So very terrible. These mass shootings are happening so much anymore. I am glad that your friend was OK.. prayers for all.
  • mytime6630

mytime6630 wrote: »

JFt, Monday
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating, especially in the evening :)
    3. go for walk. I may skip my morning walk since my back hurts, but try for evening walk.This also helps me with nitetime eating :)
    4. concentrate on water :)

Yes, as @cschmitz said .. where is everyone! Missing so many :'(

I am suffering from terrible backpain the past 2 days. I think a combination of \doing a lot of bending repainting my daughters coffee table, and doing a ton of yard work.
    But .. the coffee table turned out beautiful! Tonite we gave it the first coat of wax (we put it on the bed so I didn't have to bend so much :D .
    Helped hubby with shipping today, and did plant a few more of my seedlings. But other than that, just taking it easy.
    Tomorrow is our yearly physical .. we skipped last year, so hopefully I will not have any issues.

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating .. especially in the evening
    3. start cutting another quilt
    4. concentrate on water
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    What an awful situation.
    I still to this day find it strange that you're all allowed guns over there. I mean i do understand why you're allowed them but it's awful when people use them in that way.
    You have to be liscenced to have a gun over here, mostly for hunting I would've thought.
    Although over here we have a lot of knife crime. Especially in London. There's always people getting stabbed.

Im glad they managed to reunite them and I'm sorry two people have died from the incident, how sad 😔

Bex .. it is crazy that so many over here are allowed these high powered guns. I know with the 2nd amendendment to protect ourselves, but it is hard to understand .. no one needs these types of guns. It is depressing watching the news .. its like everyday another mass shooting.
    I hate to hear that you have knife attacks there though .. that would be scary also. So many people in the world who need professional help.. but at the same time .. so many good people.
  • mytime6630
    @mytime6630 - I have found that it’s better for me if I just keep tabs every day especially on holiday. Prelogging allows me to chose for the day and removes uncertainty. I get the basics sorted, then create wiggle room with exercise.

Thats what I need to get back to doing! I am so good with the exercise .. I typically walk between 3 and 7 miles a day, plus garden work. But then I get busy, and don't log my food, and have no idea of what I am eating. I know logging also makes me more aware of what I eat. Going to try to prelog and see if that helps me.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 4 May

Hi,

I’ve been checking in but I’ve been lazy about posting goals even though I have been sticking to my normal ones. I guess I was finding it boring to be posting the same thing each day (probably even more boring for you!) but following those goals each day does benefit my health. I will try to return to daily posting and try to include something else for a bit of variety

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ I’m managing to stay below my goal weight and have been enjoying some indulgences.

It’s Tuesday so it’s fish day (mobile fish van calls). I think I will get sea trout and make a Dahl to go with it as I don’t have much in the way of veg and the local fruit and veg shop is shut today.
  • TerriRichardson112

uzv5ct5emeb8.gif

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7

🌷Positive intentions for Tue 4 May:
    • Meditation 🪅
    • Weigh/post weight 🪅
    • Working on 5 year review
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry - sort and store 🪅
    • Sorting summer wardrobe
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: 🪅 Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: download new book
    • Keep up to date with email 🪅
    • Daily goals update 🪅

Feb/March/April/May DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr: 30/30
    💧💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: 30/30
    May: LNS: 0 ~|~ ME: 3

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

The weather has settled down a little so hopefully will get out for a walk.

Terri 🦄
  • TerriRichardson112

Saturday evening was very stressful as I started to get text alerts from my employer of an active shooter at one of the businesses.he shooter was killed in a standoff with police. ....A friend / former co-worker of mine also vaguely texted me that evening and I worried that she was at the scene. Found out the next morning she had driven to pick up her mother who had been at the scene, was safely evacuated, and needed a ride since her car was inaccessible. It was chaos for her mother and her to reunite since all area roads had been closed, but a law enforcement officer gave the mom (and others, I later learned) a ride in order to meet her daughter. Horrible situation, but reminds me there are good people in the world.

OMG!!! So glad you were not involved directly, but saddened by the needless loss of life. Very pleased that the LIO kindly reunited your friend and her mother

@pridesabtch - Such good news.

@ZizzyBumble - There is nothing boring about daily goal achievement. It a sign of personal commitment which encourages others.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. SEND WES MOORE.
    2. Pit Crew: None today.
    3. Classes: Poetry test. Make-up or bonus work.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Coord conj notes. Grade projects. Call to request refills. PRINT SUB PLANS. Update class website. Call doc to RS for Wed.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers.
    6. Afternoon: Graaaaade! 1 hour Clois. Walk at park. Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Meatballs. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. It stopped pouring yesterday but I went home instead of going for a walk because I would have given myself blisters. It's supposed to pour today but I'm at least going to take walking shoes along. Hopefully my bump is just TOM? *sigh*
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member

Thanks for the kind words and hugs yesterday. Very appreciated! Sat. event didn't affect me directly, but it's a small world and I learned one victim was the nephew of my co-worker Ted's FIL's longtime gf (if that makes sense). Also learned the shooter was a former employee terminated b/c of sexual harassment and had been banned from the premises. So senseless.

@ZizzyBumble My JFT goals are nearly always a copy of the day before. Some days are good, some not. I like when I can put smileys, and dislike when I report not so good days. Keeps me trying.

Recap 5/3 M
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 13/14 & 7.8K
    2) Home for lunch ~ yay! / net cals zero / 14c water :s -712 :) 13c
    3) Cont. comparison of auth user lists to EE list / Sheriff's Office news conference 10:00 / Facebook Live 12:00 / clear some email backlog at least not worse = 3/4
    4) X-train after work phone call instead
    5) Call mom & dad <3 / boil eggs / make hummer syrup & fill feeder / prep overnight oats & water bottles / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / other chore? 5-6 small tasks = 6/7
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work & dentist appt.) :/ 1/5

JFT 5/4 T
    1) X-trained before work :smiley: happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) 9:00 dentist :) / need progress on GA-IT (due in five weeks)
    5) Schwan's delivery / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / other chore?
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
  • mytime6630
    JFT, Tues
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating .. especially in the evening :)
    3. start cutting another quilt >:)
    4. concentrate on water :)

Today we had our doctors appt .. so far, my numbers are all good. But because I tend to have a very low heart rate (usually around 40-50), and because I get lightheaded often, my doctor is going to have me wear a 48 hr heart monitor to make sure I am not skipping beats. I don't think I am .. I am very active, walk now 6-8 miles a day at least 4x a week, but its good to be cautious.
    I still need to lose 10# to get back into a healthy range. Doctor told me most people have gained between 10-15# during the pandemic

Goals for tomorrow are simple again .. until these become habits without thinking about them.

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating .. especially in evening. I am meeting a good friend for dinner .. have not seen her in person since the pandemic started, so I am excited. We are going to a mexican restaurant .. but I plan to eat light all day.
    3. concentrate on water
    4. start new quilt
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2021
    We are missing SO many regulars that always joined us on this thread .. and would love to see you back.

I know some are on vacation, but what I have read from others is that they feel they are posting the same goals everyday, and just don't want to do it.

To me, I also post pretty much the same goals. But I know, at least for me, when I post these goals .. it makes me aware of them during the day. Somedays I can't do any of the goals, but I know if I stopped coming on here, my weight would go up. Because just by coming on here, and being somewhat accountable, I am consistently trying to change these goals and improve my health.

It takes a long time to change habits so they become healthy habits. Healthy habits that we just do automatically, without thinking about them. Right now, I still have to think about logging my food... drinking my water ... nite time eating. Eventually I know these will be as easy for me as exercising is.

A year ago, I had to write down to walk everyday. Now, it is such a habit.. I don't even think about it. I lay out my shoes each nite... and at least 5 days a week I walk for at least 4 miles, many times 7. It is now a habit.

So I hope you all that have left will come back .. and for those who feel they either post the same goals all the time .. know that we all do that. That is how these goals become habits where we don't even have to think about them.

And for those of you who worry because they do not respond to others posts ... that is OK also.

We encourage anyone to join, and there is always someone that has the time to respond... and others who cannot. I know for me, somedays are busy and I am lucky to just post goals. That is OK. But this thread is to help each other.. to encourage each other. And sometime we do that just by posting goals and seeing those smilely faces, and know that each day we can start fresh.

So @littleblackskirt , @cupcakecrusher1166, @snowflake68, @PackerFanInGB , @sviers13 , @WellingTX, and any others that I know are missing on here ..... we miss you all!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    I’m here!!!! I’m reading daily and trying to at least post my goals daily but I’m so crazy busy at work without breaks I’m having a hard time responding to everyone.

I miss you all too! I think it will be a bit better coming up as my husband was called back to work and he’s working evenings this year so I’ll have a lot of alone time now.

I didn’t meet yesterday’s goals nor today’s.

I’ll try again tomorrow.