Pregnant and wanting to lose weight

Options
I am 15 weeks pregnant! I weigh 258 lbs, 255 before pregnant... I need some tips on how to lose weight safely! Anyone else successfully lose weight when pregnant?

Replies

• metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you. Gaining weight when pregnant can feel alarming. When I was pregnant I asked my midwife not to tell me my weight because I was afraid it would triggering for me.

The body makes room for a life inside you, and that is going to change your body. That's ok. Your body will be yours again, eventually.

For now, see if you can find some peace and joy in the transformation.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Doling out yet another YouTube link. This time, it's Meg from megsquats. While she's a powerlifter there may be some helpful tips in her Q&A that you can use to leverage discussions with your OB/GYN.

Also, let us not focus, on why I - nearing my mid-40s - watched an entire video on pregnancy and weightlifting 😬

https://youtu.be/meZtbETRrck
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea I'm not the OP but I will be watching that later! I'm not pregnant now but I anticipate having more children and have been curious to know about weight lifting and intentional exercise specifically during pregnancy, since I'd like it to be part of my life for the long haul and in my previous pregnancies really did no intentional exercise besides walking.

Thanks!