HELP CALORIES

Lindyk38
Lindyk38 Posts: 8 Member
Hi all OK so I have 11 weeks to fit in my wedding dress I need to loss a stone
I have been doing 1000 calories a day
A hitt class every morning for 45mins
A bike ride 40mins every day
I am not losing weight I am tracking all my food I am wondering if I am not eating enough to loss weight should I do 1300 a day

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    How long have you been trying to do this?

Height, current weight?

Are you weighing all your food?

Are you double checking all the database entries against the packaging or via a Google search? Not all of the database entries are correct!

There’s no such thing as ‘not eating enough to lose weight’. It’s simple physics. Energy in versus energy out. That said 1000 calories is generally considered too little to be able to achieve good nutrition targets.

If you give us the answers to the above questions we’d be able to offer better advice.

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes, we need more information to be able to help you specifically, but I just want to address your calorie target:

It's possible that if you are severely undereating (if the 1100 calories per day is accurate then it's likely) your body is shutting down/slowing down some things to keep the deficit low. It's a smart thing for your body to do if the signals it's getting from your food consumption suggest there's a famine! If you've been doing this for a while (say a few weeks) you might be much more fatigued and moving much less outside of the intentional exercise. Calories in and calories out is all there is to weight loss, but your body will try to avoid more going out than absolutely necessary if you eat too little, so it can keep all vital systems running. So for that reason, undereating is really counterproductive and long term can be very dangerous.

Super low calorie targets are really only appropriate for a very small percentage of people.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Just stay the course. These things can take a few weeks to spool up. At 1100 calories counted accurately you will make it. Back off the muscle building exercise and stick with low impact cardio and drink tons of water and don't reduce sodium until the last 10 days. Then, when the photos are done and Mr. Wonderful carries you across the threshold you can go back to white wine and Doritos.
  • Lindyk38
    Hi am 10st 10lb and 5ft 4in
    Yes I weigh all food have been trying for around 2 months 🙃
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    How much weight do you think you need to lose to fit into your dress?
  • Lindyk38
    1 stone
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    You may lose a half a stone by then, but I would definitely go to the seamstress and get it altered route. I would not take a chance on a dress that may or may not fit on your wedding day. That would be disappointing.