How neat are you?

Replies

• woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    I pick my nose at the red light
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    I love to have everything clean and organized. It makes me feel good and more productive.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    My old man was a US Marine & as a kid, our home was dialed-in and squared away.

Once that mind-set is established, it's not going away.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    I love to have everything clean and organized. It makes me feel good and more productive.

Marry me 💋

@Miss_Chiev0us_

I do
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

I love it like that too but hate being responsible for it, my stress level can't manage it not to mention level of laziness. :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'm a clean freak, always have been. I've even helped a few overwhelmed friends deep clean their homes. Give me a sugar free Red Bull and Melissa Etheridge and I'll happily get it done for ya!
  • sean_ct
    sean_ct Posts: 519 Member
    gi7eeitaftds.gif
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited May 2021
    Late spring cleaning project #1 done! I had a thousand notebooks, binders, folders, coupons, scrapbooking supplies, classroom chalkboard borders and supplies, and pieces of junk mail. Before and after, obviously:

hthk1n8w38eu.jpg
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Buddy, I’m a mess and was raised by a hoarder so by comparison to that I’m super neat. In normal comparisons, I could do better.
    I leave mugs and mail everywhere and the house only get’s spotless if I have visitors because I do have pride sometimes.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited May 2021
    I squeegee the shower glass as soon as I’m done the thought of water marks, if I leave it that’s all I will think about. And wipe down the marble ASAP because the thought of soap scum trigger me. I also can’t have anything on top of my sink, tooth brush, mouth wash etc has to immediately go back under the sink.

I don’t like nik naks, I just see it as dust collectors and something more I have to clean. Everything has to look simple and clean. Or else my head spins. 😃↗️⬇️↙️↖️⬅️➡️
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I squeegee the shower glass as soon as I’m done the thought of water marks, if I leave it that’s all I will think about. And wipe down the marble ASAP because the thought of soap scum trigger me. I also can’t have anything on top of my sink, tooth brush, mouth wash etc has to immediately go back under the sink.

I don’t like nik naks, I just see it as dust collectors and something more I have to clean. Everything has to look simple and clean. Or else my head spins. 😃↗️⬇️↙️↖️⬅️➡️

I can't stand knick knacks. I've taken care of people whose homes were just cluttered with so many tacky knock knacks. I went to the flea market a couple of weeks ago and was surprised by how many people buy and sell knick knacks. My daughter collects them, although, it doesn't seem to be on purpose. I just wish she'd stop buying them for me.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited May 2021
    I’m pretty clean. I don’t like a messy house but I’m not a perfectionist. On a scale of one to ten with 10 being the neatest, I would give myself an 8.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »

I can't stand knick knacks. I've taken care of people whose homes were just cluttered with so many tacky knock knacks. I went to the flea market a couple of weeks ago and was surprised by how many people buy and sell knick knacks. My daughter collects them, although, it doesn't seem to be on purpose. I just wish she'd stop buying them for me.

I got rid of my S&P and mug collections because I got so sick of cleaning them. :/
    As I've aged, how I'd have to clean something definitely has become as important to me as cost, and anything else.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    I inherited the house proud gene from my Granny, but when it's just the two of us, i.e. over lockdown, we've definitely let things slide. OH doesn't tend to 'see' the issues, and he's not great at cleaning but he'll always pitch in to help, it's just that I find the planning/getting started hard work so often, we don't get started.

Anybody got a chore chart for grownups?!

I am really big on having everything organised, with a home for it all, and I adore decluttering. The hardest part, as previously mentioned, is actually getting rid of it these days. I CBA selling on FB or eBay generally as it's often a lot of hassle for what you make, and charity shops are tricky due to long periods of closure.

Restrictions have just eased in England, meaning people can now come in our home and aren't stuck in the garden. This is stressful for me because (I feel like) we need to deep clean it. Thankfully we're most of the way there with the cleaning and we have almost 2 weeks before we have any (expected) house guests.

I keep debating getting a cleaner in regularly to do the kitchen, bathrooms and living area. Then I think we're two adults, no children, we really have no excuse. But if we had a cleaner, I would keep on top of it better because I wouldn't want them to think we're scruffs. Plus you have to be tidy so they can clean...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    I even go around my gym and reorganize the plates so that each weight tree has the same amount of plates on each one. But at least the members appreciate it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Tasteslikechicken321
    Tasteslikechicken321 Posts: 5 Member
    I can be a bit ocd about my routine and food I don’t pick up my laundry off the bedroom floor for a week
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    I get anxious in a messy home, so I try to give everything a place and it really helps with the clean up and make its quick too. I also don’t buy anything I don’t truly love or need. At the same time though, I leave all of the cupboards open, I’ve escalated to two (big) junk drawers for all of the things I don’t like to leave out and I begrudgingly do laundry twice a month, three times if I am on my A game. I give myself a B+.
  • JenzJeep
    JenzJeep Posts: 6 Member
    I like to clean so my house is pretty neat and tidy. I might have a little bit of OCD but
    In a good way lol