Vibration training

Options

Replies

• maorilover
    Options
    I had to quote the website.

"Simply put, Vibration training can do something for everybody."

LMAO!!! I'm sure it does!!!

I wish it was that feeling. But it really makes you feel like your muscles burn, and not that muscle.:wink:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I found this website from the Mayo Clinic. Hope it helps.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/whole-body-vibration/AN01598
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are we still talking about a traditional workout or ways to relieve stress and burn calories at the same time
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love me some good vibrations....but I just count those as bonus calories....unless I'm left vibrating for a long time....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I can't find any definite information on it. Most people are skeptical that it even works.
  • prettygirlxp
    Options
    please describe said Vibration Training.

lol yes please because you don't want to know what I'm picturing.....
    hahaha:p
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    please describe said Vibration Training.

Describe & demonstrate please.
  • maorilover
    Options
    I can't find any definite information on it. Most people are skeptical that it even works.

Thanks for the link. At the place I go to, they do have before and after pics. I guess if you are sticking within your calorie range and making sure you do your cardio as well, it could work? LOL I'm going to do a month trial and see how I get on.

Hey at least some got a wee smile today!
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    45 calories burned for 15 minutes of use. that seems to be the consensus on the internet. also, keep in mind it is not recommened to vibro train/use power plates for more than 25 minutes at a time, nor more than 3 times a week. so i would try something else, unless you get something else out of it. in no way have i intended for this post to sound "dirty".
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    BAH! This thread is pretty amazing.
  • VTDesigner
    Options
    Do not let the word "vibration" get in the way of what is really going on. If any vibration did it for you, all truck drivers would be skinny...

http://www.youtube.com/user/VibraTrain#p/u/20/kPUQji9RPsA

Calories burned ? Anyone saying they know are just guessing. The fact is it is anaerobic so no way of scientifically testing it. Any figure bandied around , be it high or low, is still just a guess.

.Perceived Exertion is still the gold standard for any workout. So you are best to try it for yourself and matching it up to something anaerobic you have done before ( like weights ) then make a judgement.

If you don't feel anything, it did nothing. If you are buggered afterward. It was a workout.

http://www.vibration-training-advice.com/infomercial-fitness-instructor-spills-the-beans
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the skeptics.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    how is this thread still here and mine have been pulled? lol, I keed.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    how is this thread still here and mine have been pulled? lol, I keed.

:noway: Maybe someone is in bed???
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Because they know to look for you lot
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Woah.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

huh? And, to be clear, I said I was kidding..... :flowerforyou:
  • IronSmasher
    Options

huh? And, to be clear, I said I was kidding..... :flowerforyou:

I know you were. I am not your enemy.
  • VTDesigner
    Options
    It is only smart to be skeptical. Especially when you see adverts on TV with people just wobbling side to side. That is not Vibration Training. It is Therapy for people with mobility issues. That stuff is aimed directly at lazy people who want to believe no pain = some gain.

A lot of "top" academics and fitness pros have had to do a backflip on their previous public opinions on this subject. And every one of them had one thing in common. No actual experience. Be careful of people protecting their own lack of comprehension of an idea. They are as bad, if not worse than the dodgy marketers.

Vibration Training is like any form of exercise. You have to experience it yourself before any info you may have read or been told makes sense.

Oh yea. And some people hate it even when they do try it.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Wearing down those joints...