Welcome New Members!

Replies

• shaa30
    shaa30 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Guys,

Started using this app consistently the last 5 months or so. Last 2 months I’ve made an effort to record my eating and some of my training. I’m really looking to match my efforts by making a few friends in the community. It’s always more fun when you have friends on here. I have 0 lol, so please add me.

Thank you :)
  • Allybaby1961
    Allybaby1961 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi all! Just starting this journey - I have about 60 lbs to lose. 60 year old woman from Alberta, Canada. Can anybody recommend a group I could join? I need and would love to give support and motivation to others. Salut!
  • bostonpaul22
    bostonpaul22 Posts: 31 Member
    New to the community, kicking the whole calorie counting into high gear, motivation and accountability welcomed
  • stewartwilson1
    stewartwilson1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, I'm Stewart, 34 and from Scotland

A little bit about me for context. I have been on a diet and fitness program now for just over 2 months and I've lost 1.5stone in weight (10kg)
    My starting weight was 18 stone 00lbs (114.3kg) and I'm now 16stone 6lbs (104.3kg)

I've been taking part in virtual challenges to help keep me motivated and completed 3 so far and currently doing my 4th. I power walk mainly as my exercise as I'm still too heavy to run - trust me my poor knees didn't like it when I started off! On average I go 6.5km / 4 miles.

I've only been on the app a few days and I'm loving it so far

So yeah, that's my story, feel free to come say hi share your journey, follow each other and support each other!

Looking forward to talking to you amazing people real soon
  • felixisalady
    felixisalady Posts: 7 Member
    Hey all, new here, many years on WW without much success. They have changed the plan so much that points have little relationship to actual calories so gave it up and came here where you can measure calories in and calories out in a way that makes sense. I’ve lost about #30 and have about #30 to go. Have had that to go for about 5 years 🙄and just need to pay a little more attention. Thanks for ‘listening.’
  • Ara_the_halfelven
    Ara_the_halfelven Posts: 19 Member
    Hi, I've just started with MFP. I'm a 65 year old female with RA and COPD. The RA is controlled with diet so I take no medications, thankfully. Also I am really into body building. I only started 2 years ago, & I love having muscles - its also great for controlling COPD. I came to this app as I've decided I need to start cutting & lose about 5 kg of fat, & MFP makes it much easier to keep track of my macros.
  • tusharkumar2019
    tusharkumar2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, this is my first message on myfitnesspal community! Just saying hi! :smile:
  • TMRBOOS
    TMRBOOS Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! Another newbie here... :)
  • El_Texican
    El_Texican Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! I had my second baby March 2020. I had never really lost all the weight from my first baby. After baby number two, I was able to lose 30lbs, with no exercising. Just kind of eating right. January 2021, I realized the weight wasn’t falling off any more. I then started tracking my calories and exercising (HIIT, Tabata and and some other videos). I got to 120 days and feel like my body is getting use to those workouts. Now I have slowly started adding in running, three times a week. All my close friends on MFP keep falling off the wagon. I would love anybody that would like to be friends on here and help keep each other accountable. I have lost 33lbs, it fluctuates a little. I know I am toning up and losing inches. I try not to let the scale discourage me and even bought one that weighs water weight and other parts of the body. Right now my goal weight is only 19.8lbs away. I would like to eventually lose more. This gets me out of the overweight column, which would feel like a big feat in itself, considering having two kids and working a sedentary job. I am hoping to reach this goal by my 35 birthday October 14, 2021. Thanks and happy calorie counting!
  • timsethna
    timsethna Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all, Have used this app several times in the past but never stuck with it. On day 16 now and its starting to be addictive.
  • paulbakesa
    paulbakesa Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all , starting journey to better oneself . Looking forward to what lies ahead
  • Lauras_Losing_it
    Lauras_Losing_it Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Everyone.
    I've decided it's time to give this a go. I'm not happy with how my clothes fit, or how my body is looking, so it's just time. Today is day 2, and I am ready.

• KLCOACH54
    KLCOACH54 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm new here, looking for ideas, support, and accountability in my weight loss journey.
  • ptrivelas
    ptrivelas Posts: 2 Member
    I just joined and I'm confused about one thing. I read everywhere that the Keto diet is approx 70% Fat, 25% Protein and 5% Carb, but this app recommend 50% Carb, 30% Fat, 20% Protein for my meals after I entered my weight and my goals. Did I do something wrong or is this a transition suggestion?
  • sdm699
    sdm699 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi guys! I've been tracking off and on for the past few years. Down 10 pounds and up 10 consistently. I am getting married in 3 months and just want to try to slim my face down a little bit and feel healthier. Anyway! I lost 50 pounds years ago with myfitnesspal and know how awesome it is. However, I can't seem to stay on track this time around. I think it is because I had a group of "friends" before to keep me accountable and I have zero now. So - definitely open to making new accountability buddies! Wish all of you luck and perseverance!
  • mamareid03
    mamareid03 Posts: 7 Member
    Had hand surgery and have been able to lose 9 pounds. Probably since I stopped alcohol/Looking for friends to continue. I have another 40 to go.
  • elthurston1
    elthurston1 Posts: 3 Member
    Morning all, Just left Noom (which was working but was expensive!) and am starting out here. No idea what to expect but I’ll give it ago!
  • DonnaToland20
    DonnaToland20 Posts: 5 Member
    Looking for new friends to keep me motivated,,
  • MsCarrie1966
    MsCarrie1966 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there, I am a 55 yo from the Okanagan in BC. I am struggling with losing weight that seems to stay due to menopause (well that is one excuse :smile: ) and nothing I do, seems to help shake much, if any off.

We eat well, grow a lot of our own food, but I am simply stuck. I have been logging here since I joined a week ago, I am a long-time Fitbit member and honestly it's getting depressing.

I quit smoking 9 years ago and the weight started adding on then, now I have 60 pounds to lose and when I think of that, I am horrified. I am pretty sedentary at work and am trying to find some low impact exercises to do at home (I have a horrible knee) so need something on the easier scale to commit to.

Any help, thoughts, suggestions would be wonderful

Thanks!
  • e_Willow
    e_Willow Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone👋🏻

I have used this app before but never stuck to it. I always start my day off really well but end the day by overeating😒. I really don’t know what else to try, other than joining in on the conversation and hoping this helps me stay on track🤞🏻!