How it's done, tips from me to you

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I know I still have more weight to lose, but I do not gauge success on weight loss only. I feel successful because I am eating right, exercise is a part of my life, my meds are all gone and my doctor loves me again!!

Here is what I have learned (amongst other things) in the past 7 months.

1. Make small changes.Start slow, you will pick up the pace naturally.
    2. Log every bite-especially the ones you dont want to see!(oh how I hated that the first month!)
    3. No excuses. Get off the couch. Park in the back of the lot. Do a lap at the grocery store perimeter before making your selections. Get active any way you can, it all counts.
    4. Drink your water. It is good for you. Period!
    5. Come here every day to be held accountable (even if only to yourself).
    6. Take it One day at a time. There are times I take it a minute at a time.
    7. It will get easier.
    8. It takes 21 days to break a bad habit, so only 21 days to make a new GOOD one!
    9. Be positive. Even if you dont feel positive, write something down you did today that you thought "Hmm that is new!" I have a stack of post it notes from 7 months of changing my life.
    10. Know that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. That pot of gold is your Health!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    This was awesome reading. I have so much to learn and I know that I can learn so much from all of you... Thanks thanks thanks...

Anita
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    You know, I forgot about that 21 day thing AWTY.

It's a good point, most people give up on something after two weeks, if they only knew how close they were!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Bump. This post is right up there with the Banks Plateau post I bumped all while you were under cover, boss!

:glasses: Banks

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great info...thanks.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I need this in My Topics :happy: .
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Bumpity!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm bumping this. :tongue:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    A good read for the WE :flowerforyou:
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    thanks to all of you who have been so successful for sharing your tips and your thoughts...the time you have put into your posts for those of us starting out is very appreciated!!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Bump :glasses:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to be in love with more then one person? I REALLY love my wife. But after Kerri's post, I think now I love her too:love:

(LOL, just kidding Kerri, I'm not a stalker, don't worry. But that post was AWESOME!)

LOL!!!! You are funny Banks!

These were great posts!!!! Thanks for sharing guys!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I have been one of those to be doing a "cheat meal" every week that would turn into to a "cheat DAY". I think I am realizing that might be part of the reason I my weight loss has just been stalling!! So from what I am understanding from most of you that you will have a "treat" once a week rather than a "cheat day or meal"????

Great info!

~ Leontine
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    BUMPITYBUMP :flowerforyou:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    BUMPITY BOO....
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to be in love with more then one person? I REALLY love my wife. But after Kerri's post, I think now I love her too:love:

(LOL, just kidding Kerri, I'm not a stalker, don't worry. But that post was AWESOME!)

LOL!!!! You are funny Banks!

These were great posts!!!! Thanks for sharing guys!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I have been one of those to be doing a "cheat meal" every week that would turn into to a "cheat DAY". I think I am realizing that might be part of the reason I my weight loss has just been stalling!! So from what I am understanding from most of you that you will have a "treat" once a week rather than a "cheat day or meal"????

Great info!

~ Leontine

I treat myself everyday. I make sure that each day I have SOMETHING written into my day that I look forward to. Sometimes that means a buttered roll with dinner, or a favourite food- like pizza or salmon (LOVE salmon!!) other times it's a sweet- like chocolate or a cookie. There's a difference, you see, between a treat and a cheat. There the treat sits, neatly within your calories, while the cheat does not. YES occaisionally I go over my calories (let's say 1 day or so a month) but even then we're talking about being 200-600 cals over budget, which is nothing int he grand scheme of things. :flowerforyou:
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    i wouldnt like to think i have to wait a year to lose 10lbs:indifferent:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt like to think i have to wait a year to lose 10lbs:indifferent:

not everyone does. but rest assured it's going to take longer than a few weeks, and probably longer than a few months. I've been working on my own last 10 lbs for about 2 months already and I still have 5 to go.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    bump, to read this later when i have more time
  • shariweber
    Options
    bump