WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Michelle - So sorry about Bonnie. Hugs.

DD and I were cleaning in the cabin yesterday and saw a weasel come out from under the horse trailer bounce around a bit and then disappear down the drive. One just like that was under my bathroom sink a few months ago. I was so surprised when I opened the cupboard door. I closed the door and made a lot of noise so it would go back out the way it came. Worked thank goodness. We have seen many more wild animals since the golf course started building a new housing development and tearing out woodland.

Had dinner with son before taking him to airport and they had citrus parmesan broccoli. It was really delicious the best broccoli I have ever had.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Michelle so sorry about Bonnie xoxo.. geesh this is the week for losing pets ,my deepest condolences to both you and Vince,and Katla and her DH
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    Michele, I'm so sorry about Bonnie.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    We had to put Bonnie down today. She started to go downhill Saturday but when we got back from bowling, she was much worse. Eating very little, hardly drinking, drooling, hacking, having a hard time walking.

Cancer....I HATE you

Michele NC

So sorry!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Uuuuuu
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :'(<3Michele, I'm so sorry about Bonnie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    edh3irn4o9mk.jpg
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    7vzwewlubomp.jpg
    😂Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: Thank you for your kind words about the loss of our dog. We’re both sad and broken hearted. Schooner was a very good boy and we were both with him when he passed away. We are grieving. :heartbreak:
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    Debbie- so nice of your ex to want to do that for you.. I never really grieved for my dad and I dont know why.. maybe because I spent so much time with him.My divorce was final in March of 2018 so Tom stood next to me in the receiving line.. even though I had moved out the October before..
    Im glad I did what I did for both my dad and his,because I loved them both very much..
    Will be thinking of you as you say goodbye,but always remember he will be in your heart always..
    Did your mom tell your sister not to come and keep the dogs at home as well.. sure hope so you dont need drama at a memorial service
    My friend that passed from covid complications ,they will have a celebration of life for him end of June.. they expect around 100 people.. I will go as I am very close to the family and am making a bunch of deviled eggs.. but I will wear a mask and bring hand sanitizer with me,the family has all been fully vaccinated but dont know about anyone else.. better safe than sorry..
    Have to find a skirt or something to wear as I have a baby shower to go to next Sunday and then the celebration of life..dont want to look like a slouch.
    My best friend lives in Willmington,N.C her hubbys home town and they went out on a boat this past weekend ,hit a wave and ahe went up and came back down and cracked a bone in her back.. she is in a brace right now and will see a spine dr to make sure she is safe to fly it is her son and daughter in law that the baby shower is for..

my former hubby(also named Tom) has been so supportive. It really is nice to know he is there for me.
    Thank you for the sweet words.
    Yes, mom did tell my sister the dogs are not allowed on the property. My sister is still planning on coming- said that her son did not have covid- we don't know for sure yet- Mom has told her that she will not be allowed to come into the church unless she has a mask on the whole time. She has not been vaccinated. We don't know who has and who hasn't so everyone will wear masks except while we are eating. The church is set up for social distancing too. Hard to believe it has been five months since he passed.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    edited May 2021
    Vicki- THANK YOU!!
    Congratulations on the new great grandson. Look forward to seeing pictures.
  • Katla49
    ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Rrrrr
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Mine would be slightly different.

Replace the cooking one and laundry one with a couple weeks where my main activities are cycling, hiking, running or canoeing. Then I come home, curl up and read a book. :)

The rest of them are all right. :)

agti3drcpq1q.png

Machka in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Michele So sorry about Bonnie. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Michele, so sorry that you lost Bonnie.
    Debbie, I hope your sister behaves herself at your father's service. Please remember that not everyone grieves in the same way and that there is no set course for how it happens or how long it takes. We all have to make our own way.
    Allie, sounds like you are feeling a bit better, I hope so!
    I was a slug today, but have high hopes for tomorrow. I was expecting nice weather today, it was quite nice yesterday, but it was cloudy and grey. Not supposed to be great tomorrow either, but at least I won't be expecting sunshine, so the clouds won't surprise me! lol My plan is to go for a bike ride and maybe a walk. Bike for sure...
    And now it's getting way too late to still be up! Off to bed with me! lol
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating, welcome to the newbies and welcome back for the returnees!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Michelle: So sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty. ❤️💔