WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Pip! You do indeed have a sweet man! (who just happens to be pretty easy on the eyes also! lol)
    Lisa, sorry to hear about the barbed wire meets mower blades incident.... I can only imagine the sound that made, and guess it would be pretty unforgettable.
    That's it for me for now, caught up but must go have breakfast and get my rear end out the door for my bike ride. The clouds seem to be parting a bit. It did rain overnight, but that's okay, I can avoid most of the puddles!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Pip! You do indeed have a sweet man! (who just happens to be pretty easy on the eyes also! lol)
    Lisa, sorry to hear about the barbed wire meets mower blades incident.... I can only imagine the sound that made, and guess it would be pretty unforgettable.
    That's it for me for now, caught up but must go have breakfast and get my rear end out the door for my bike ride. The clouds seem to be parting a bit. It did rain overnight, but that's okay, I can avoid most of the puddles!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Yes, he is a babe, I still love staring at him. ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    DH is talking about a second cruise next year to Greenland or Iceland. I'm game, but he doesn't quite understand how quickly I'm going through my savings. However, I'm happy to catch him on the rise. We have had those countries on our radar for a long time and who knows how long we will be fit and able. Cease the day!!!! Pondering. Do we wait for 2023, or just go for it.

DH mowed our very long grass today. It was a meadow!!!!

Changed our winter duvet for a summer one. DH is a cold mortal, so not happy, but I've put an extra single on his half of the bed. I am always boiling in bed, apart from cold feet. Always wear socks, but sleep outside the covers.

Good day in general.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Pip- hope it continues to be a wonderful day- Sure started out perfect
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Sat: Sun: caught up with readings, typed hymns, church, dogs to powerline, Mon: dogs to power line, veg prep. Tues: BP,
    Bonus: Sat: long hike with T and R. Sun: started donation box with shoes and bras, 47 mins grooming Tumble. Mon: art at the port stroll with T, 27 mins vacuuming. Tues:
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, follow up with Dr re: Joe’s annual charges not covered 100%, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Meaningful May:
    23: Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost: Barbie’s “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.”
    24: Recall three things you’ve done that you are proud of:
    25: Make choices that have a positive effect for others today:

The rain came, at last! Perfect day for catching up here and writing up the fire district board minutes.
    The past three days have been mixed, some good activities (long hike in the redwoods with T and R), some poor consumption choices (slackin’ on vitamins, hitting the salt water taffy and red wine.)

Katla, our pastor says it wouldn’t be heaven if our beloved dogs weren’t waiting there for us. ((hugs))
    Margaret Drew is lucky you’re watching out for her. You are so right about not being able to know where the poison gets to. I’d even be afraid Drew could absorb through her feet if it was damp outside.
    Michele and Vince :heartbreak::cry: :heartbreak: Hardest but kindest thing to do. Likewise I hate that f^@’n&amp; cancer. ((hugs))
    Karen your son (son-in-law?) must have the patience of a saint. 30 mins of Baby Shark dancing? :noway: That LilyBelle will be right up there with Bea and Michaela.
    Vickie fingers, eyes and toes all Xd for the new hire and the possibility of being staffed at full depth.
    Debbie sorry, but wish your ex Tom could come out and support your mom and you as your DH isn’t. Have you asked your DH what is going on in his mind? I can’t imagine surviving a mother like his.
    Pip, the very happiest of belated birthday wishes to you!
    Lisa loved what you said to Beth about grief.
    Machka, Julie, Annie, Ginny, Rebecca, Tracey, Tina, Okie, Sue, CJ et al sending love, smiles and hugs. Like Lisa and others, missing Amber @JrsLateInLifeMom, @SuziQ113, @janetr7476 and more recently Sue.

Mowing, nope, tried it once behind a push mower on a lumpy, sloped back yard. Machka had that right, push being the operative word. Decided then that I wanted a woodland/forest yard with no lawn to mow. We have a little grass (over the septic field) that Joe maintains. The rest of it is pretty wild.

The rain has receded, the wind has blustered back, bit it’s time to pull up my bid girl panties and take the dogs down to the powerline.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    May: leaner/stronger/kinder than April.
    daily: sit with Joe:23 , weigh/wii: 24/1/14; steps>6362=Sat:9472! Sun: 3126, Mon: 4507; vits=20.5, log=24, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=15, Shadow=16, mfp=21, outside=25, up hill=22, clean 10=13.5
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rX x4=4 dance=2, packwalk x2=4,
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/2:139.1!, 5/9:141.8, 5/16:140.7, 5/23:141.8, 5/30:.
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.5
    bonus: AF=17 play=1 sew=
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options

I’ve had a busy few days. On Sunday we finally got together with DED and DGSs. Just a 2 hour visit in her garden, but so good to see them all again.

Then today I ventured out to my Craft Group. Just 7 of us well spaced out in a large well-ventilated room. It was so good to catch up with them after 15 months. We had to take our own refreshments, but that was no bother.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisab: Sorry about the barbwire. I hope it comes out of the blades without making any damage. :star:

Kylia: HUGS

Barbara: Your pastor is wise. It wouldn’t be heaven without our beloved dogs. :heart:

DH has been grumpy and I have been teary. We both miss our sweet old dog. :brokenheart: :heart: I’ll try to be a bit more upbeat.

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Michele, so sorry about Bonnie.💖
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Pip!! (hugs)!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Michele--So sorry about Bonnie. Just know you did all you could and she had a good life. :'(

Pip--Very Happy 62nd birthday. Sounds like you are off to a great day! B)

Katla--Hugs :'(<3

Been an interesting day and I am more than ready to go home and start again tomorrow. Only 3 more hours to go before I can leave. DGD and baby are to go home this afternoon and big brother will get to meet him. He is 4 and not able to go to hospital. We will wait until the weekend to meet him. Let them get settled in.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    Michele:
    🥲 Sorry about Bonnie
  • Katla49
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who have given me understanding as I have grieved the loss of Schooner. I appreciate your kindness. <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    (((Michele))):I am sorry about your loss of your kitty, Bonnie. 💔 ❤️
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Brainfart ....... Seize the day. :p

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family, 5.63mi= 491c
    Strava app =
    Zwift bike trainer- 45min est, 16.53mi= 525c

Total cal 1016

Frustrated- strava didn’t record my bday stats, got Kirby’s tho
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did body pump DVD today then went for a walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Biggest Loser Calorie Killer Circuit DVD.

After going for my aerobic walk, came home and Steve was awake. Seems he gets up earlier now since he walks when he’s in FL and the best time to walk is in the a.m. So he and I went for another walk around the block

I had a pork tenderloin marinating that I was planning to have for dinner yesterday. Only Steve didn’t get here until late and Vince was just too emotionally drained to grill (I keep telling him to get the grill fixed! Now there’s something about how to handle the flames. Like I haven’t done it before when we lived in PA) so we had ribs and the pork roast I was going to have for Wednesday and we had the pork tenderloin today. Even Vince commented how moist it was. That’s because it had been marinated.

Had the pork tenderloin, veges (I made corn for the guys since that’s what they like but I’m not real crazy about it) and potato puffs. Just water to drink. I know that they want to go to Five Guys for dinner and last time we were there I saw they had some sort of veggie burger, so I’ll probably have that with just water to drink.

Lisa VA – feel better fast. I’m so sorry about your bathroom, but glad you’re getting it fixed

pip – happy birthday

I think part of the reason that I seem to be dealing with the loss of Bonnie better than Vince is (I know, this probably sounds silly) is my religious belief. I’m not real super religious. Unfortunately, Vince doesn’t have this, he has logic. Religion isn’t logical, a lot of it is based on you believing without seeing. So to me, I’ll see Bonnie again, just like I’ll see PJ and Sassy and Sadie and Cocoa. But Vince doesn’t have that conviction. That’s why I think he’s having a harder time than I am

Tina – I’m so sorry about your friend

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Michele so sorry about Bonnie.

Pip Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

For those of you with pets what do you use to keep ticks away. I have givenDrew Nextguard. Then yesterday I found two ticks on her after walking in a park. One of them a deer tick attached to her. I removed it. It was not engorged. The other tick was a wood tick and it was crawling inside her ear. I learned that Nextguard kills the tick when they feed. I don't want them on her or me period. So ideas are welcome.