Finally broke out of the 130's.

Options
2»

Replies

• pssjadey
    Options
    Newbie to the boards and this is the exact motivation I need to get rolling on my journey. Congrats to you and keep up the fantastic work. You look amazing!
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amazing amazing amazing! You look fantastic! If you don't mind my asking, what exercise do you do? Even if you're planning to lose a bit more I'd be dang happy to know what you're doing to get to the shape you're at now haha!

I haven't done anything except elliptical, I just find that it is my favorite thing to do, and easy for me to go at for long periods of time. I have tried running, biking, and workout dvd's and never could stick with it, so I have just stuck with the elliptical since it works for me. I try to go 6 days a week, and do 30-60 minutes at an incline of 8 and resistance of 5, depending on how I feel that day, and my gym has a steam room and I usually do that after my workout for 15-20 minutes. I don't know that it helps me lose weight, but I always feel so much better after a good steam, like it gets all the toxins out of my body, and I always drink a liter of water afterwards to replace the lost water and make sure I stay hydrated. :)

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback!!! :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I am so envious! Amazing work! I'm 5ft 6 and trying to get into the gosh darn 140's again. What are you eating/exercising? I'd love to know!! :-)
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am so envious! Amazing work! I'm 5ft 6 and trying to get into the gosh darn 140's again. What are you eating/exercising? I'd love to know!! :-)

I just try to eat as clean as possible, fruits, veggies, lots of grilled chicken and salads. And water. Water, water, water. If I don't get at least 2 liters of water every day I can't lose weight, or it comes off really slow. And like I said before, all I do as far as exercise is elliptical. When I get tired, I just think about how I was to be 2 pounds lighter on my weigh in day and that it's not going to happen by quitting after 20 minutes. Then when I get to 30 minutes I think "Hey, I've done 30 minutes already and I'm okay, I'm sure I can go another 30" and it just helps me keep going. I just finally realized if I didn't push myself the extra mile, it wasn't going to happen for me.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!

I am 5'7" as well and trying to get back down to the high 120's -- 128 would be ideal. I have a medium build - fairly muscular so low 120's or under are not even on my radar (and I'm probably a lot older! ;-). Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!