Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

When I first started this journey I thought ____, but now I know ____.

joyanna2016
joyanna2016 Posts: 322 Member
1. I thought I was eating enough protein, but now I know I wasn't and it's very important that I do.
2. I thought I had to exercise to lose weight, but now I know that its really good for me mentally and physically but not necessary for weight loss.
3. I thought I would have to eat less food than I do, but now I know that eating too little has actually been my problem in the past. I was too restrictive and couldn't stick to anything.
4. I thought badly about myself if I overate, but now I know that I am going to overeat sometimes and it's not the end of the world.
5. I thought it was overwhelming when I considered how much weight I wanted/needed to lose, but now I know that there is no finish line anyway and that even small victories bring tons of joy along the way.
6. I thought that nothing could ever lessen my sweet tooth, but now I know that the less you have of it, the less you crave it...but I still crave sweets sometimes and that's okay too because....
7. I thought that I could possibly be successful at losing weight, but now I know I've got this even though I'm not a perfect dieting machine along the way.

Replies