JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,584 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot to check in here over the weekend. It was a lazy weekend all around.

JFT Monday 31/5
    • 45 mins exercise
    • 7,000+ steps
    • Drink 3L water
    • Design two cookie embossers
    • Eat two serves of fruit
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Ughhhh - I’m sorry all I miss you! Soon, another week or so and I should be able to breath a bit.

I did hit the 10 pound loss mark since March today. It’s all diet as I haven’t done any real exercise until today. I decided to walk home. I’m not in terrible pain tonight so maybe I’m getting better. If it’s nice I’ll try it again on Tuesday.

I’ve been keeping my goals in my head but I’m just faithfully making the log all food. I’ve only been in the green a couple of days, most days I’m eating around 1400 but something is working.

Thinking of you all!

JFT - Monday May 30
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    JFT Monday (holiday)
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Walk at park.
    2. Read for half an hour. Update ongoing plans! Start final load of laundry.
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Finish World Lit stories. Fold/hang laundry and PUT AWAY.
    4. Shoot P&P script. Finish MLA script. Shoot tomorrow.
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Bibimbap?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office. (Start Memorial Day Weekend?)
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Going to be cool out for today's walk. Oo, I forgot to weigh in this morning. *sigh* Definitely discouraging, but given the way this year has gone and how INCREDIBLY stressful the end of the term was at school, it could have been even worse.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options

Just for Sunday:
    • 24H Plan and Assess :)
    • Only eat when hungry. Stop when I've had "enough", not FULL. Pay attention to Hunger Signals. :)
    • 64+ oz water :#I got 2/3 of it in. If I were to count coffee, I'd definitely have all my water in!
    • 15+ minutes activity (non-impact) :#
    • 15 minutes declutter - Set timer and stick to it. Toss, donate, unsure boxes. :)Decluttered area in sewing room.
    • Spend time in sewing room. :)Got 4 more blocks done for Tim's lap quilt.

Hello~

Heading out to take the boat for it's first ride in 2 years. Hoping the motor is in good running order, etc. If it passes the test, we will be able to take it further up north and do some fishing. My happy place has always been to be near water, so this will be a very peaceful good-for-the-soul kind of afternoon.

Have a wonderful day! Catch up with y'all later!

@Snowflake1968 GOOD FOR YOU! Congrats on the 10 lbs! I'm so happy to hear you were able to walk home without pain. I have good days and bad days with my knee and try to take advantage of the good ones! I hope life slows down a bit for you soon! Sounds like it's been busy and I'm guessing it's work related? xxoo

Just for Memorial Day/Monday:
    • 24H Plan :smile:
    • Assess Yesterday's 24H Plan :smile:
    • Stick to 24H plan
    • Only eat when hungry. Stop when I've had "enough", not FULL. Pay attention to Hunger Signals.
    • 64+ oz water
    • 15+ minutes activity (non-impact)
    • 15 minutes declutter - Set timer and stick to it. Toss, donate, unsure boxes. :)Went through bin of clothes in storage.
    • Spend time in sewing room.
    • Enjoy boat ride without constantly checking my stupid phone!

Word of the Month: Determined.

• TwistedSassette
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Busy afternoon making a mess in the kitchen (as hubby says), cooking devilled sausages with mashed potato for dinner and pumpkin soup for my lunches this week - it's so easy and so yummy!

JFT Monday 31/5
    • 45 mins exercise ✅
    • 7,000+ steps ✅
    • Drink 3L water ✅
    • Design two cookie embossers ❌ - Only designed one
    • Eat two serves of fruit ✅

JFT Tuesday 1/6
    • 45 mins exercise
    • 7,000+ steps
    • Drink 3L water
    • Bed by 10:30pm
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! AM run? Upload World Lit PDFs.
    2. Head to school. CHEESE. Get grades, keys, attendance checked off. Turn in checklist
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Finish World Lit stories.
    4. Shoot MLA script. Begin Wages script. Lunch: ???
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Bibimbap? PLAY PRACTICE.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office. (Start Memorial Day Weekend?)
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today's walk was really nice; it wasn't quite as cold because I waited to go because I remembered that the park I wanted to go to wasn't always open when it SAID it would be open.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Haven't had the best of weekends, it was quite challenging having the boyfriend stuck at home quarantining and meant that neither of us really did anything which was tough on the first bank holiday of the year with fewer restrictions and nice weather.

But, he'll be out soon and then we can start enjoying oursleves:

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be in the green
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Get 5,000 steps
    Do house budgeting
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 1 June

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬆️ 😊. The result of choosing not to be in the green over the bank holiday weekend but I’m below my trigger weight so it’s fine so long as I don’t continue the trend!
  • SRLIEW
    SRLIEW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am just starting out of my journey to release over 80 pounds of fat. It feels overwhelming and that has stopped me even trying for a long time. I loved the idea of the thread. Just focus on today and todays goal.

So my details are

Height 5.6
    Highest Weight 229 pounds BM1 36.6
    Current Weight 222 pounds BMI 35
    Goal Weight 140 pounds BMI 22.4

Goals today
    20 mins full body weights session
    Go on a walk
    Stick to food plan
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    A Tuesday start to the week means the weekend will be here even sooner 😊 Lots to do, so I’d best get to it!

JFT Tuesday, June 1
    • Log
    • Drink more water
    • Walk/bike
    • 60 min. gardening
    • 60 min. for household chores
    • Grading/prep
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday May 31
    1.5L of water - :/ No, but about 1
    Log all Food - :)
    Walk 15 minutes - :/

JFT - Tuesday June 1
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

Today is the start of a very busy week, will probably be working late the rest of the week to meet the deadline. Hopefully this is the end of it though!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Hi JFT family! I have returned from a ten day hiatus. It started with work and life busy-ness and just evolved. I didn't log food or activity, I took a break from MapMyWalks goals and regular dog walks (sad dog), even ignored my Fitbit steps and hourly activity. Guess I just needed that break from all things tech. But it's start of a new month and I'm back. Hope you all have been well!

And it's started again with the busy-ness. I am on hold to collect info for my afternoon appt. and don't have time to post JFT. I'll post and catch up reading all the posts I missed later. Have a great day!
  • clarkfiona1970
    clarkfiona1970 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi JFT

First ever post
    1.5 litres water plus electrolytes
    RUN 2.5KM
    LOG FOOD
    First day - No Contact with Chris - taken me 9 weeks, to be strong enough 🙂
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    Hi JFT

First ever post
    RUN 2.5KM
    LOG FOOD

Welcome :) nice to see some new faces!
    Good luck with your goals
    Do you run ona treadmill or outdoors. I like running but im rubbish at it lol it always ends up hurting my shins.

I have to ask (because I'm nosy) lol...whos Chris?
  • gconsul
    gconsul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, First ever post.

JFT 6/1/21:
    • Read my Noom articles
    • Track in MFP
    • Stay in calorie budget
    • Body Groove workout
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I like running but im rubbish at it lol it always ends up hurting my shins.

saaaaaame... except its my feet. My feet always kill me the next day.

FWIW - i'm not Chris.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Its June 1st .. so if anyone wants to join me in a challenge ...

for 30 days ... LOG ALL FOOD AND WATER.
    Just that simple!

I get within 3 pounds of where I want my first goal to be (180), ultimate goal 170), and then I just give into old habits. This weekend, and really the entire week, was that way. Margaritas at home, chips, icecream for memorial day, more chips, etc etc. ... and the old habit of nitetime snacking.

So I am commiting to just 30 days where I write down every bite!

Goals for today are simple again..

JFT,
    1. LOG ALL FOOD AND WATER! Aim for at least 8 cups of water
    2. mindful eating .. write it down before I eat it
    3. plan ahead.. even if its just in the morning to plan what I will eat the rest of the day. Prelog if I need to so I know what I can eat.

We are planning on seeing our son over the July 4th weekend.. so something to really look forward to! We have not seen him or the grandkids since Dec, 2019 ... that is way too long! He has fireworks planned, and our daughter will go with us. He has a 10 seater hottub ... so all the more reason to focus on getting in shape so I feel more comfortable wearing a swimsuit.

I know I told you guys I had to wear a holt heart monitor for 48 hrs. While during that time I had to wear it I felt great .. no lightheadedness or anything (which was why I had to wear it), they did find I have a very abnormal heart beat. So now I have to go see a arrhythmia heart specialist. I've had this problem for years, and I always figured it was my blood pressure dipping too low. I tend to have a very slow heartbeat and low blood pressure. But when they monitored my heart, many times it was only 38 .. and they said that was way too low. Everytime I would get light headed, I would grab pretzels, or something with salt .. thinking it was blood pressure. So will be good to know what is going on.

Glad to see all the new comers. I know for me, when I post goals, it at least keeps me aware to make myself more healthy. When I don't get on here and post goals... I tend to not be as aware.

So here's to a great June for all of us!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    gconsul wrote: »
    Hi, First ever post.

JFT 6/1/21:
    • Read my Noom articles
    • Track in MFP
    • Stay in calorie budget
    • Body Groove workout

Welcome!! I've heard good things about Noom ... its all in our mindset.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hi JFT

First ever post
    RUN 2.5KM
    LOG FOOD

Welcome! Logging food is a great goal . Hugs to you, and so glad you are joining us.
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday, but still went to bed too late.

JFT Tuesday 1/6
    • 45 mins exercise ✅
    • 7,000+ steps ✅
    • Drink 3L water ✅
    • Bed by 10:30pm ❌

JFT Wednesday 2/6
    • 45 mins exercise
    • 7,000+ steps
    • Drink 3L water
    • Bed by 10:30pm