Anyone used to use Sparkpeople? Friend me!

I just switched from SparkPeople due to myfitnesspal's superior mobile app (really SP? get it together already!).

I was sad to leave the good community I belonged to there... but a barcode reader that actually works is sooo worth it, amirite?

So help me feel like I belong again! Friend me! (is that how it works here?)

BTW, I'm a 30ish female. I try to eat Paleo as much as possible, but it ends up being part-time at best.

Replies

• candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    ok how do we friend on here.
  • Jamesever
    Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
    I like this.
  • mrsgirwin1
    mrsgirwin1 Posts: 3 Member
    Excited to give this a try.
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    SP refugee here. I'll gladly accept new friends.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    ok how do we friend on here.

To add friends (I use the Web version, so App might be a bit different):

1. Click on the name below the person's profile pic.
    2. Click on the person's name again on the pop-up window.
    3. Press "Skip" if you get a download message.
    4. Click the "Add As Friend" button on the person's profile page.

Hope this helps! 😃
  • Sioranth
    Sioranth Posts: 306 Member
    Happy to make some former-SP friends as well!
  • ANDEC11
    ANDEC11 Posts: 114 Member
    I am checking out My Fitness Pal. Previously was on SparkPeople. I had account here years ago but consistently used Spark. Change can be good, right???
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,342 Member
    Have been with SP for 18 years and now they are shutting it down - so here I am. Looking for some SP friends - friend me and I will accept - the more the better.
  • lignss
    lignss Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2021
    So happy to find some fellow Sparkers here! After almost a decade with SP, it's sad but I'm glad to find some cool things here. Will gladly accept friends!
  • JUJUEU
    JUJUEU Posts: 2 Member
    I'm from SP, also. It's a long journey, so I need to keep up the obsession and community.
  • carolina_girl_69
    carolina_girl_69 Posts: 97 Member
    Another sparker here. Glad to see so many folks continue their health & fitness journey!

:)
  • TamiVsTheTrail
    TamiVsTheTrail Posts: 75 Member
    Another SP here, looking forward to getting started here :)
  • FultonMO
    FultonMO Posts: 3 Member
    Checking this site out. Will finish Summer BLC/Invincible Indigos before I do much here.
  • eabl81
    eabl81 Posts: 5 Member
    I've been a sparker since 2012. I'm hoping to meet more sparkers here as I slowly transition to this site. I'm thinking this one just might work for me and am looking to make new friends.
  • rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Hi everyone! I too am from SP. I joined a group called NEEDING SUPPORT WITH WEIGHT LOSS. The group was started by my leader from SP. Check it out. Join us. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU THERE!!
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,478 Member
    Hi! I joined SP in 2010. Got down to my goal weight, but have struggled a bit trying to maintain. Had just recently found the 5% Challenge teams, which was the extra motivation I needed. I was MondayLins on SP.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2021
    ThursLins wrote: »
    Hi! I joined SP in 2010. Got down to my goal weight, but have struggled a bit trying to maintain. Had just recently found the 5% Challenge teams, which was the extra motivation I needed. I was MondayLins on SP.

I'm not a "challenge" sort of person, but there are lots of challenges to join here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Also, you might want to check out the MFP Groups section. There are challenges there as well: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups

Hope this helps! :)

• dianebeckner01
    dianebeckner01 Posts: 5 Member
    Just came over from sparkpeople because they are closing their site to make room for their new site, I checked out their new site and was like "Good grief!" . I don't need to answer a bazillion questions about how I'm feeling before every meal just to get to the food diary. A place for me to just jot a note for myself would be enough. So here I am, and so far so good. Would be happy to friend anyone! I'm 54 years old, doing the old fashioned calories in, calories, out, but real food ( no artificial anything), not processed, carbs from fruits, veggies, and whole milk dairy, but very little from breads, rice, pasta, etc. I do have a tsp of sugar in my coffee.