Honestly, how often do you look at yourself in the mirror?

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
I work in a gym, so several times an hour. But for the average person, how many times?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Once Daily, as part of my SS and S routine and weigh in routine, whenever that is.

Outside of that never unless I’ve got an event to get ready for later in the day.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    tbh, I try to avoid it too often. As a young person (before the smartphone era), I found it odd that people would walk on the street and look/glance/stare at their reflections...in every reflective surface.

A store window, a car's window, then the next store's window 😕 Are they expecting to change within the 6-sevond intervals from surface to surface?

Anyway I figured back then that I didn't want to be like that so I look at myself maybe a couple of times a day and hope there's nothing stuck between my teeth or one of my nostrils...again 👃🏿
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Damn, bringing up reflective surfaces, I do more now when I'm out walking to spot check my posture which sucks out loud.

I never look in the mirror to scrutinize myself or anything but do to put my contacts in or comb my hair after washing to make sure the part's straight or something. So, basically, only to focus on what I'm working on. So, yeah, a couple times a day as well.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'd say twice a day-- fully dressed in a full length mirror before I leave the house, and then headshot only while brushing my teeth before bed
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    only when brushing my teeth.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    depends on how many times in a day I need to use the restroom.
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    There is a big mirror on the wall at Tae Kwon Do, so I am watching myself 45 minutes a day , 3-4 days a week. I do not seek myself out, but I am not afraid of a mirror either.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Am I the only person who checks her teeth in the bathroom mirror for food stuffs every time I use the bathroom? Also, I use a mirror when I put makeup on in the am and when I moisturize my face at night.

Don't even get me started on the gym mirrors...every rep possible.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Brushing teeth or trimming beard otherwise I rather spend my time doing anything else.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Any time I walk past one, so whenever I use the downstairs bathroom or when I go into my bedroom. I am also one of those who checks themselves out in shop mirrors but only because I am still shocked that I'm not fat anymore.
  • ROULER_CMDO
    ROULER_CMDO Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Two and a half times... Twice in a full length mirror and one in a mirror that is from the waist up
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,040 Member
    Options
    For vanity reasons probably a few times a day. For non-vanity reasons more than that as I have a mirror in front of my sink in the bathroom. Then I have a full length mirror in my hallway that I pass a million times a day so it's hard to avoid my own reflection. From someone who absolutely avoided buying a length mirror up until about 5 years ago because I absolutely hated how I looked...I have earned my confidence and if I wanna look at myself, I will. That changes daily though as confident days are hard to come by now-a-days.

You definitely have earned it.😍Good for you.

I’ve never counted. But all day long? I have people around me who would let me walk around with makeup or food smudged on my face (and they have). I’ve gotta lookout for myself and check throughout the day.😂
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,040 Member
    Options
    Also….my gym has no mirrors. And I kinda love it.
  • ROULER_CMDO
    ROULER_CMDO Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    12 times a day