It's actually working this time :)

I've struggled in the past a lot when trying to lose weight. I would not see any movement in weight or inches lost for months. Then i would lose motivation and that would be the end of the attempt.

This time though, I seem to be doing something right :) I've had slow but steady weight loss and I've lost five pounds since I started in April. It's a LOT slower than most people but I'm honestly thrilled. I didn't think that I was going to be able to lose any weight.

I've also gone through some trial and error on different healthy foods and found new things that I love. I also changed from regular pop to the zero calorie pop. I'll eventually give it up completely, but I just quit smoking in March and I'm not ready to quit anything else just yet.

I'm extremely proud of myself and I feel better than I have felt in years!

Replies

• Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Great job! I’m glad you’ve found something that’s working. Great that you quit smoking too! I seem to have found my groove too although now my weight has been the same for weeks. I’m going to keep at it. I’m sure the weight will start coming off again. What are you doing? Are you exercising or just watching your diet?
  • jlbattin
    jlbattin Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations! I understand how you feel. I have lost 15 pounds in the last three months...slow, steady, focused on the benefits not only the weight loss....lower blood pressure by 15 points, walking 7,000 steps per day, enjoying the variety of foods and the reduction of serving size. Being able to wear clothes that I haven't been able to for months. I have found variety is the key, measure everything, allow for some low calorie snacks in morning and afternoon....sleeping better. It's all good!
  • pandorasjen79
    pandorasjen79 Posts: 6 Member
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    Great job! I’m glad you’ve found something that’s working. Great that you quit smoking too! I seem to have found my groove too although now my weight has been the same for weeks. I’m going to keep at it. I’m sure the weight will start coming off again. What are you doing? Are you exercising or just watching your diet?

I'm exercising too. Right now I'm doing Youtube workouts from Caroline Jordan through her hurt foot program. The extra weight has really messed up my feet. I'm also doing rebounding which I thought was really going to hurt my feet but hasn't yet. Also some yoga and Pilates mixed in.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    You are to be commended. Keep up the good work. It all boils down to "consistency". Before you know it, you will be at goal.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Well done: slow and steady is a really good way!
  • myfurturelooksgood
    myfurturelooksgood Posts: 30 Member
    Steady as she goes! Good inspiration for me-thanks!
  • Tina0494
    Tina0494 Posts: 2 Member
    Well done, totally understand trying and feeling a failure, I have lost 1stone in 7 weeks which is fantastic for me! Well done on quitting smoking! I am counting calories and walking far more than I was (very happy dog) Keep it up you will feel so much better! 😊
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Good job, persistence pays off.
  • ufindjewels
    ufindjewels Posts: 10 Member
    Way to go! Remember, comparison is the thief of joy... The scale is moving in the right direction. :)
  • Fancygirl76
    Fancygirl76 Posts: 14 Member
    you totally got this!
  • PumpkinSage
    PumpkinSage Posts: 29 Member
    You are doing amazing work. Quitting smoking is a HUGE accomplishment! You are adding many more healthy years to your life
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!