What is Your Favorite Low Calorie Store Bought Salad Dressing?

steffi1686
steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
Salads have been my go to lunch while trying to lose weight. However, some dressings can be terrible for you especially when having a full size salad. What dressing helped your salad game?

For me it is the Panera at Home Poppy Seed Dressing, it goes great with my summer berry salads and it is super low cal because they sweeten it with Stevia. (3 Tablespoons is only 38 calories)

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited June 2021
    Any light raspberry vinaigrette - about 10 cal/tbsp.

Bolthouse does a decent calorie ranch, too.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I like Bolthouse....the italian vinagrette, balsamic, cucumber ranch, and bleu cheese.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Bolthouse ranch, honey dijon, salsa ranch.
  • texokie2020
    texokie2020 Posts: 45 Member
    For me it's the Skinny Girl poppy seed dressing
  • Sara3veg
    Sara3veg Posts: 48 Member
    steffi1686 wrote: »
    Salads have been my go to lunch while trying to lose weight. However, some dressings can be terrible for you especially when having a full size salad. What dressing helped your salad game?

For me it is the Panera at Home Poppy Seed Dressing, it goes great with my summer berry salads and it is super low cal because they sweeten it with Stevia. (3 Tablespoons is only 38 calories)

I need to look for this, thanks for the info!
  • steffi1686
    I have tried some of the Bolthouse too. The cucumber ranch is just not as flavorful to me; I picked up the Honey Mustard today so hoping that is good. (60 cal for 3 Tablespoons)
  • steffi1686
    Sara3veg wrote: »

No problem! It is in the refrigerated dressing area if the store carries it. I got it from Meijer (if you have one in your area).
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Walden Farms Zero Calorie Honey Mustard.

I swear crack is on the ingredient list.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I usually use homemade pico or olive garden light italian.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Salsa makes a nice salad dressing, eso with chopped chicken in it. Low cal for large serving.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Oh another thing to consider:

Ranch powder has like 5 calories a teaspoon. It goes a long way. Not ideal for salad maybe (though fine if you mix with some nonfat plain yogurt), but it's AWESOME to shake onto like.. carrot sticks or celery sticks or whatever (including popcorn)
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 350 Member

Ranch powder has like 5 calories a teaspoon. It goes a long way. Not ideal for salad maybe (though fine if you mix with some nonfat plain yogurt), but it's AWESOME to shake onto like.. carrot sticks or celery sticks or whatever (including popcorn)

I used to use the ranch packets and mix it with cottage cheese instead of dressing. Not quite the same as ranch, but it worked for me.
  • steffi1686
    ehju0901 wrote: »

I used to use the ranch packets and mix it with cottage cheese instead of dressing. Not quite the same as ranch, but it worked for me.

I have heard of people also doing the ranch packets with light sour cream.
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    edited June 2021
    Kraft Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. It is 30 calories a serving
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,890 Member
    Over time, I decreased the use of Ranch Dressing. Now, I enjoy the flavors of the salad itself.
  • Sara3veg
    Sara3veg Posts: 48 Member
    Sara3veg wrote: »

No problem! It is in the refrigerated dressing area if the store carries it. I got it from Meijer (if you have one in your area).

I found it at Meijer this afternoon, excited to try it 🙂
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Ken's Lite Italian - all 3 of my young kids LOVE it so that says something. :smile:
  • shari367
    shari367 Posts: 1 Member
    i like to make my own good seasons..i switch the amounts of water and oil, this makes a very tasty low calorie dressing.