Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What is Your Favorite Low Calorie Store Bought Salad Dressing?

steffi1686steffi1686 Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
Salads have been my go to lunch while trying to lose weight. However, some dressings can be terrible for you especially when having a full size salad. What dressing helped your salad game?

For me it is the Panera at Home Poppy Seed Dressing, it goes great with my summer berry salads and it is super low cal because they sweeten it with Stevia. (3 Tablespoons is only 38 calories)

Replies

  • wunderkindkingwunderkindking Member Posts: 1,191 Member Member Posts: 1,191 Member
    Any light raspberry vinaigrette - about 10 cal/tbsp.

    Bolthouse does a decent calorie ranch, too.
    edited June 10
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,690 Member Member Posts: 5,690 Member
    I like Bolthouse....the italian vinagrette, balsamic, cucumber ranch, and bleu cheese.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 4,687 Member Member Posts: 4,687 Member
    Bolthouse ranch, honey dijon, salsa ranch.
  • texokie2020texokie2020 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    For me it's the Skinny Girl poppy seed dressing
  • Sara3vegSara3veg Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    steffi1686 wrote: »
    Salads have been my go to lunch while trying to lose weight. However, some dressings can be terrible for you especially when having a full size salad. What dressing helped your salad game?

    For me it is the Panera at Home Poppy Seed Dressing, it goes great with my summer berry salads and it is super low cal because they sweeten it with Stevia. (3 Tablespoons is only 38 calories)

    I need to look for this, thanks for the info!
  • steffi1686steffi1686 Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    I have tried some of the Bolthouse too. The cucumber ranch is just not as flavorful to me; I picked up the Honey Mustard today so hoping that is good. (60 cal for 3 Tablespoons)
  • steffi1686steffi1686 Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    Sara3veg wrote: »
    steffi1686 wrote: »
    Salads have been my go to lunch while trying to lose weight. However, some dressings can be terrible for you especially when having a full size salad. What dressing helped your salad game?

    For me it is the Panera at Home Poppy Seed Dressing, it goes great with my summer berry salads and it is super low cal because they sweeten it with Stevia. (3 Tablespoons is only 38 calories)

    I need to look for this, thanks for the info!

    No problem! It is in the refrigerated dressing area if the store carries it. I got it from Meijer (if you have one in your area).
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,778 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,778 Member
    Walden Farms Zero Calorie Honey Mustard.

    I swear crack is on the ingredient list.
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 7,583 Member Member Posts: 7,583 Member
    I usually use homemade pico or olive garden light italian.
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,778 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,778 Member
    Salsa makes a nice salad dressing, eso with chopped chicken in it. Low cal for large serving.
  • wunderkindkingwunderkindking Member Posts: 1,191 Member Member Posts: 1,191 Member
    Oh another thing to consider:

    Ranch powder has like 5 calories a teaspoon. It goes a long way. Not ideal for salad maybe (though fine if you mix with some nonfat plain yogurt), but it's AWESOME to shake onto like.. carrot sticks or celery sticks or whatever (including popcorn)
  • ehju0901ehju0901 Member Posts: 196 Member Member Posts: 196 Member
    Oh another thing to consider:

    Ranch powder has like 5 calories a teaspoon. It goes a long way. Not ideal for salad maybe (though fine if you mix with some nonfat plain yogurt), but it's AWESOME to shake onto like.. carrot sticks or celery sticks or whatever (including popcorn)

    I used to use the ranch packets and mix it with cottage cheese instead of dressing. Not quite the same as ranch, but it worked for me.
  • steffi1686steffi1686 Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    Oh another thing to consider:

    Ranch powder has like 5 calories a teaspoon. It goes a long way. Not ideal for salad maybe (though fine if you mix with some nonfat plain yogurt), but it's AWESOME to shake onto like.. carrot sticks or celery sticks or whatever (including popcorn)

    I used to use the ranch packets and mix it with cottage cheese instead of dressing. Not quite the same as ranch, but it worked for me.

    I have heard of people also doing the ranch packets with light sour cream.
  • TinaLeigh67TinaLeigh67 Member Posts: 292 Member Member Posts: 292 Member
    Kraft Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette. It is 30 calories a serving
    edited June 11
  • AlphaHowlsAlphaHowls Member Posts: 1,461 Member Member Posts: 1,461 Member
    Over time, I decreased the use of Ranch Dressing. Now, I enjoy the flavors of the salad itself.
  • Sara3vegSara3veg Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    steffi1686 wrote: »
    Sara3veg wrote: »
    steffi1686 wrote: »
    Salads have been my go to lunch while trying to lose weight. However, some dressings can be terrible for you especially when having a full size salad. What dressing helped your salad game?

    For me it is the Panera at Home Poppy Seed Dressing, it goes great with my summer berry salads and it is super low cal because they sweeten it with Stevia. (3 Tablespoons is only 38 calories)

    I need to look for this, thanks for the info!

    No problem! It is in the refrigerated dressing area if the store carries it. I got it from Meijer (if you have one in your area).

    I found it at Meijer this afternoon, excited to try it 🙂
  • busyPKbusyPK Member Posts: 3,788 Member Member Posts: 3,788 Member
    Ken's Lite Italian - all 3 of my young kids LOVE it so that says something. :smile:
  • shari367shari367 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    i like to make my own good seasons..i switch the amounts of water and oil, this makes a very tasty low calorie dressing.
Sign In or Register to comment.