How many of us *ARE* living the dream?

ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
Tman's posts make me wonder about that question.

I told my niece and her bf they're living the dream last weekend. He's got a nice house with a beautiful piece of property plus they are renovating a camp in Maine so they can live off the grid, near a town with only 800 people. I am so jealous. :/ My one dream has always been to have a small home in the middle of nowhere, room for a garden, a pond, brook, some woods and open land, complete privacy, wildlife.

So I just wondered if many of you are doing exactly what you want to be doing or working towards that goal? And what would your dream living be like?

What a day for a daydream.

Replies

• chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    My dream is to die after everyone I love.
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    My dream is to die after everyone I love.

So far so good..?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Me. I bought my "dream house" 14 years ago, am highly valued and appreciated at work, love my job so much that I'm 2.5 past retirement age (and no plans to leave yet), and I can afford to buy pretty much anything I want (within reason... I'd be hard pressed to scrape together the cash to buy a plane or something like that).

It would be nice if my normally superb health hadn't decided to nosedive this year but I think I'll get back there.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Not currently, no. I have been inching my way closer to somewhere I wanna be. I’m finally in a part of town that isn’t shady. I have a job that isn’t the worst I’ve ever had. <Meh. Still figuring out the career thing. I have an adequate amount of animals though and they are perfect even though one puked all over my carpet this morning. 😅😼 I’m doing well ‘for me’ in the grand scheme. I am on a slow uptick.

The vision for where I want to be is getting back into health body and mind. That witchy cottage in the woods idea is my happy place. “Cottagecore” Something like this
    lyb0ae38fbnb.jpeg
    v1n4p7r984dx.jpeg
    az9whl658ztf.gif
    ueh4knkm0yob.jpeg
    2ngnvmp8k8ar.jpeg
    hkgxdl6byxl6.jpeg

I want a job that is a creative outlet and doesn’t take over my life. Not sure what that is yet. I JUST WANT TO BE A FEARED AND RESPECTED WITCH OF THE WOODS! Like not the kind ppl kill but like the kind people bring their sick kid to on a rare occasion and I rub some dirt in the wound and appear possessed and they are healed when they wake up in the morning. The grateful kid grows up to be the new king and grants me any request I want. I ask for the amulet the old ruler before him had for centuries in his family. He’s shocked I didn’t ask for more. Now in possession of the amulet I am too powerful. Chaos. I am stealing everyone’s cats and cheese wheels.
    This, this is the dream.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited June 2021
    Not currently, no. I have been inching my way closer to somewhere I wanna be. I’m finally in a part of town that isn’t shady. I have a job that isn’t the worst I’ve ever had. <Meh. Still figuring out the career thing. I have an adequate amount of animals though and they are perfect even though one puked all over my carpet this morning. 😅😼 I’m doing well ‘for me’ in the grand scheme. I am on a slow uptick.

The vision for where I want to be is getting back into health body and mind. That witchy cottage in the woods idea is my happy place. “Cottagecore” Something like this
    lyb0ae38fbnb.jpeg
    v1n4p7r984dx.jpeg
    az9whl658ztf.gif
    ueh4knkm0yob.jpeg
    2ngnvmp8k8ar.jpeg
    hkgxdl6byxl6.jpeg

I want a job that is a creative outlet and doesn’t take over my life. Not sure what that is yet. I JUST WANT TO BE A FEARED AND RESPECTED WITCH OF THE WOODS! Like not the kind ppl kill but like the kind people bring their sick kid to on a rare occasion and I rub some dirt in the wound and appear possessed and they are healed when they wake up in the morning. The grateful kid grows up to be the new king and grants me any request I want. I ask for the amulet the old ruler before him had for centuries in his family. He’s shocked I didn’t ask for more. Now in possession of the amulet I am too powerful. Chaos. I am stealing everyone’s cats and cheese wheels.
    This, this is the dream.

Lol Interesting. I'd take any one of the cottages though. :)
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    😆 Nope.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    How can one live "the dream" when one isn't even aware of what the "dream" should be?

Also, even if I were to be living "the dream", I think I'd get bored in two seconds flat and want to change goalposts to something else because that's my personality type and lifestyle.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    I’m livin’ my dream.

My dreams different from everyone else’s but my life is clutch.

I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    How can one live "the dream" when one isn't even aware of what the "dream" should be?

Also, even if I were to be living "the dream", I think I'd get bored in two seconds flat and want to change goalposts to something else because that's my personality type and lifestyle.

That is exactly what living the dream is to me. Its evolution of the things too accomplish. Its not one thing....its everything, its a mindset. Its having the courage and drive to never stop reaching. I have found my goals over the years have either been attained, changed, and new ones never stop coming. I know im living the dream in my world because i hate sleeping, and eating to me is a nusance because there are so many things i like to be doing. It sounds corny and maybe a bit much, but its true.....and my life is pretty damned good because of it. 😁

That's a different (and good) way of looking at it. It just seems like whatever dreams or aspirations I have, they constantly change. So I rarely ever achieve anything, because what I thought I wanted, I ended up not wanting.. or once I attained that something (whatever that happens to be), I found out it wasn't the thing or dream I thought it would end up being.

Does that make sense? Or am I rambling?
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »

That is exactly what living the dream is to me. Its evolution of the things too accomplish. Its not one thing....its everything, its a mindset. Its having the courage and drive to never stop reaching. I have found my goals over the years have either been attained, changed, and new ones never stop coming. I know im living the dream in my world because i hate sleeping, and eating to me is a nusance because there are so many things i like to be doing. It sounds corny and maybe a bit much, but its true.....and my life is pretty damned good because of it. 😁

That's a different (and good) way of looking at it. It just seems like whatever dreams or aspirations I have, they constantly change. So I rarely ever achieve anything, because what I thought I wanted, I ended up not wanting.. or once I attained that something (whatever that happens to be), I found out it wasn't the thing or dream I thought it would end up being.

Does that make sense? Or am I rambling?

It makes perfect sense. Everyone i believe has different perspectives on what they feel dreams and goals. I actually partly feel how you feel, some of my goals have been attained, and some have changed. But for me, right or wrong, thats what energizes me. I am never "done"......there is always more. And the harder the better. The onlyg time i feel a little bored is when things are not much effort and the reward never really lives up to my expectations. It happens, but it never really matters much to me because there is always something else.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited June 2021
    To be honest, I'm not even sure what dream I am chasing. I do have goals and ambitions but I'm not envisioning some magical, fairy-tale life I may have in the future. It is easier said than done, and its incongruent to the tragedy that is the Human Condition... but I have understand that to have these grandiose expectations can ultimately lead to disappointment in the future...the "future" can sometimes prevent us from living in the present. Life doesn't really follow this like linear trajectory that leads to said "dream", things happen and its impossible to control it so I'm just kinda going with the flow.