Here Comes Summer...

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
Anyone want to join me in a challenge to lose a few pounds ready to fit in at the beach this summer?

I've yo-yo'ed for weeks, ok, months, and really need to get my backside in track :laugh:

12 weeks until the 7th June - I've stated this specific day as it's the first Sunday of Summer here in Britain, and I've always shyed away from the beach rather than feel like a beached whale.

I'm generally annoyed at myself for letting temptation sneak in once I'd lost 41lbs, and now have put 6lbs back on :noway: So, instead of feeling sorry for myself, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for weight loss before summer starts.

I'd like to lose 20lbs by 7th June :drinker:
Any one with me?

Jackie

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    Anyone want to join me in a challenge to lose a few pounds ready to fit in at the beach this summer?

I've yo-yo'ed for weeks, ok, months, and really need to get my backside in track :laugh:

12 weeks until the 7th June - I've stated this specific day as it's the first Sunday of Summer here in Britain, and I've always shyed away from the beach rather than feel like a beached whale.

I'm generally annoyed at myself for letting temptation sneak in once I'd lost 41lbs, and now have put 6lbs back on :noway: So, instead of feeling sorry for myself, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for weight loss before summer starts.

I'd like to lose 20lbs by 7th June :drinker:
    Any one with me?

Jackie
  • tooFAT2
    tooFAT2 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi Jackie!

I would like to join you! i need to get my 'backside' in gear too:bigsmile:

I could definitely use ALL the accountability right now...so we CAN do this!!!

melissa
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Hi Jackie!

I would like to join you! i need to get my 'backside' in gear too:bigsmile:

I could definitely use ALL the accountability right now...so we CAN do this!!!

melissa

Welcome Melissa :drinker:
    You're so right, we CAN do this :drinker:
    I gained 6lbs in the past couple of weeks, so am really excited abotu setting up this group, and hopefully helping others to stay on track to :flowerforyou:

I'm thinking of a once a week weigh in - each person can choose their personal day, mine will be Sundays.

So on that note, today I weighed-in at 212lbs
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hey Jackie,
    I will join you. It will be one more step to accountability and I am really trying to make this site work for me. I will set my goal at 20 lbs also. Saturdays will be my weigh in day. I weigh in yesterday at 208.

Lisa
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    hi Jackie, i started a challenge only 2 weeks ago if ye want to join

its all about summer, click the link under my ticker

good luck with your goals everyone

:flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Hey Jackie,
    I will join you. It will be one more step to accountability and I am really trying to make this site work for me. I will set my goal at 20 lbs also. Saturdays will be my weigh in day. I weigh in yesterday at 208.

Lisa

Hi Lisa
    The more the merrier - welcome :drinker:

You can either post your weight on here, or PM me - your choice :flowerforyou:
    Jackie
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    hi Jackie, i started a challenge only 2 weeks ago if ye want to join

its all about summer, click the link under my ticker

good luck with your goals everyone

Sorry realta, didn't see your post :blushing:

Ah well, I've started so I'll finish, anyone can join, any time :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    no problem, good luck to you all, i think getting healthy/fit and losing some weight for summer should be a great motivation for us all :drinker:

good luck guys

• Jackie_W
    Options
    Very true, here's to our new slender selves this summer :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    I'm having a rest day today, after walking for 1.5 hours per day for the past 5 days, but I'll be back to it tomorrow, even more determined than today :drinker:

I'm going to be extremely careful with my calorie intake today, and drink my water :drinker:

Don't forget guys, drinking plenty of water helps our skin stay healthy and prevents sagging skin during weight loss. I haven't touched the coke for a while now, had a glass the other week, had one sip and refused to touch it again! So for those of you that think they can't give up pop, or drink plain water, believe in yourselves, we can all do this if we put our minds to it :wink:
  • tooFAT2
    tooFAT2 Posts: 29
    Options
    I think my weigh-in days will be on Thursdays...I am also following another forum and their weigh-in day is on Thursday...besides i think a thursday weigh-in will keep me honest for the weekends...that is when I ususally eat way too much:blushing:

So far I am doing okay today...but I am HUNGRY:grumble: I really want to stay within my 1200 calories!

laters
    melissa
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking i'd like to start a group for summer! My weigh-in day is Monday, so I'll post first thing tomorrow.

K, so we need to figure out how this is going to work. Can we post daily menus/exercise? Do we make a new topic for each week? What shal we call ourselves?!

Well, I think we should start off by posting our goals for loss, daily calorie intake, and exercise goals.

Current weight:155 lbs
    Goal Weight:135-140lbs
    Goal weight by June:145
    Daily calorie intake: I zig-zag my calories, so some days it's 1,300 calories, and other days it's closer to 1,700, all depends on exercise and whatnot.
    Exercise goals: 3 30-45 minute workouts a week.

We have about 12 weeks until June! Let's get going ladies!:smile:
  • newlifedetermined
    Options
    I'm in....I just joined myfitnesspal.com last week. I am going to Mrytle Beach June 20th and want to loose 25 lbs prior to my trip. My weigh in day is Monday also. I will check in tomorrow.
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Another Monday weigh-in person!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Welcome everyone, I know we can do this :flowerforyou:
  • llcoolj_pm
    llcoolj_pm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I guess I will weigh in on Mondays also. Good Luck to us all!! :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Welcome llcoolj_pm :flowerforyou:

It's 08:52am here in the UK, I've just had breakfast, and about to takle some much needed housework and paperwork that I left over the weekend.
    Planning to get in a long walk with my dog before lunch too, it's sunny but chilly here, so I guess I'll be wrapping up warm again.

How's everyone this morning? Hope you all had a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

It's 08:52am here in the UK, I've just had breakfast, and about to takle some much needed housework and paperwork that I left over the weekend.
    Planning to get in a long walk with my dog before lunch too, it's sunny but chilly here, so I guess I'll be wrapping up warm again.

How's everyone this morning? Hope you all had a great weekend :flowerforyou:

Good morning Jackie...

Just hit the 11.10 point.. :) just finished gobbleing my apple! :laugh:

Im going to Ayia Napa ( party party) :bigsmile: with my friend on the 5th June and i want to loose a stone by then! I also have friends in Ireland that im visiting next month - so i would like to loose 6 pounds by then!! i hope this is doable!! :indifferent:

Hope your ok on this lovely sunny morning!! :heart:

Katherine :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Jackie, I'm in I have been on a yo-yo since Feb. 14th. I want my ticker to go down not up.

168 3/9/09 hope to show 20 down by June.

Kathy
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Hey Jackie, I'll join. I'm needing to loose some weight before summer, hopefully on my sides and thighs. Is there any rules? Like weighing in or anything?