Weight loss supplements

Hey guys. 19 year old male 174 cm 91 kg ..eating 1860 calories and burning extra 500 through walking. Are there any weight loss supplements that can boost my weight loss and have no effects?

Replies

• bubus05
    bubus05 Posts: 121 Member
    Even if there were some magic formula, at your height and weight, if I were you I wouldn't take them. You dont need them. Sticking to your cal intake target and exercise should be enough. There are probably countless number of pills and potions on the market that will promise you everything, all lies I reckon. If anything they will harm you.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Just keep creating a deficit, but make sure you eat enough, and it will work. Time and patience is the key.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I think the best thing to do is make sure you are getting adequate nutrients (so maybe a multivitamin or a specific vitamin supplement for something you may lack, but consult a doctor first to make sure it's a good idea for you), adequate sleep, and adequate hydration (probably not as much as many online "experts" say, but still important.) Weight loss can be stressful on the body, especially if it's rapid, so I'd try to minimize those effects as much as possible. I now have a suspicion that the failure of my other weight loss attempts was rooted in trying to will myself to continue suffering through undereating and its effects, and eventually I just had nothing left, so I gave up. This time I'm doing much better and I'm not miserable, and it feels much more like something I can do forever. That's the kind of weight loss I want - the kind that sticks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    You're a little heavy if you don't have much muscle. I'm the same height at 190lbs right now and look a little fat in the waistline.
    You DON'T any of those weight loss supplements. You just need PATIENCE and consistency along with a good program that you'll stick to for life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • robincable
    robincable Posts: 1 Member
    For the past 5 months I've been eating every 3 hours, 5 small, high protein and low fat foods with no more than 110 calories each. Then I make a lean protein for dinner along with 3 servings of veggies. I drink a minimum of 64oz water per day. I have lost 25 lbs since doing this. My calorie intake has been an average of 850-1000 per day.
    I also have not been exercising during this time, but now I need to because I need to tone up :)
    As far as supplements, just make sure your using a good multivitamin & omegas. The key is fueling your body every 3 hours to help stabilize your blood sugar, and making sure your keeping your body hydrated. :)
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Apple cider vinegar gummies (Goli* or Amazon) they taste great, no effects but also helps with weightloss. Im down 70lbs and have taken them throughout this journey.