How many of us *ARE* living the dream?

2»

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I like my life.

I'm not ambitious and I'm not into 'stuff' - but I own my house, which I did care about, we're financially stable with enough to pay the bills and do the fun things, and I get to work doing things I'm passionate about. I have a good friend group, and a good relationship with the family I have a relationship with and the toxic folks were cut out many years ago.

that's... really all I want.
  • joelo_1119
    joelo_1119 Posts: 118 Member
    3 graduate degrees and endless late nights later - doing what I wanted. Does not come without its challenges. I think it’s a personality trait to be goal-oriented, because now I’ve worked through some new goal posts I’m hoping to achieve.

Such is life ..
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    Wow, I feel like I should respond with my true thoughts and why I’m loving life and living my dream…

I’ll give it thought because it deserves an honest, well thought out answer.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    I am living, and it is not nightmares anymore, so no complaints.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    overeater1 wrote: »
    I should be living the dream: I’m healthy, engaged to be married, good family, almost a million in the bank, own my own house but I’m just not. I feel useless at work, I know I react badly to any critical, I go from appearing confident and an annoying know it all to absolutely rock bottom where I know I’m a horrible person without a personality. I’ve friend but feel disconnected from them. I worry nobody will come to my wedding. I hate myself and my life.
    Gotta fix that first. You can always improve from where you are. It won't always be perfect, but you first gotta start "Liking yourself unconditionally." When you start that and believe it, things that try to derail you in life aren't as hard to face.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Yep, since the day I retired :D
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Nope. Not really working towards it, either.