The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• DuathlonDon22
    DuathlonDon22 Posts: 20 Member
    Good Morning Everyone! HHD!!
  • ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    Still single but I'm not sure if I want to mingle yet because people are back to being nasty :s
    COVID restrictions lifted at the gym a few weeks ago, and people suddenly decided that it's OK to not wash hands after using the bathroom or wipe down equipment after use :|
  • monicaschale
    monicaschale Posts: 8 Member
    Good morning ! Thought I would stop in and say hello!
  • SleepLiftRepeat94
    SleepLiftRepeat94 Posts: 37 Member
    Happy Humpday!
  • DuathlonDon22
    Good morning from Niagara Falls Canada 🇨🇦!!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,135 Member
    Friday is almost here! Yippee! Another weekend confined to the house. I can't wait!
  • Savagawea
    Savagawea Posts: 62 Member
    In Washington state! New to this group… not new to MFP
  • DuathlonDon22
    edited June 2021
    Happy Friday everyone! I'm Don from Niagara Falls, Canada...I've been separated now for a year...feel free to add me as friend...I've been on mfp since 2012 with a couple of different user names...I'm active and supportive on mfp.......have a great day!
  • DuathlonDon22
    Sorry..didn't mean to kill the thread.....
  • mikerommfp
    mikerommfp Posts: 50 Member
    Hi everyone 👋
  • DuathlonDon22
    HHD everyone!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,661 Member
    🎶 Happy divorciversary to me; happy divorciversary to me; I'm now free to be me; happy divorciversary to me 🎶

Congratulations Nadine 🤗
  • Versicolour
    Hello there singles. A new week looms and I wonder what life changing event will happen this week
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 331 Member
    Hello there singles. A new week looms and I wonder what life changing event will happen this week

I feel like it needs to be a good week. Last week was pretty sucky.
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 890 Member
    Currently reading 'single is your superpower' Very cheesy title, but the book itself has a good shift of perspective, which is needed sometimes.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,511 Member
    Currently reading 'single is your superpower' Very cheesy title, but the book itself has a good shift of perspective, which is needed sometimes.

Ok, I'm not single so don't belong here. :( But I've often wondered why some people are very afraid of being single. Any comments on that? I feel if one has a fulfilling life, it can be a very empowering thing. Been married 43 yrs.(I think?) but was separated for 12 of them and I loved it. Coming from our own individual perspectives can make a world of difference, I guess.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,457 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Ok, I'm not single so don't belong here. :( But I've often wondered why some people are very afraid of being single. Any comments on that? I feel if one has a fulfilling life, it can be a very empowering thing. Been married 43 yrs.(I think?) but was separated for 12 of them and I loved it. Coming from our own individual perspectives can make a world of difference, I guess.

I love being single, only responsible for myself. I'm too independent, selfish and self-sufficient to be a good partner. That took me many years to understand. It would take a very special person to change my perspective at this point. I'm an old dog and I don't do tricks.
  • tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I think it really depends on people's experiences as well as upbringing. Personally, I have both sides of the coin in my life. My father is from the Azorean islands and that side of the family is very strict and old school when it comes to a woman's role in life. Women are expected to find a husband and make many babies as soon as she legally becomes an adult. Once you've gotten past 21 without a husband, you start to become a black sheep.
    In addition, I find that people who come from big families keep that mentality moving forward with their own life, and they want that same thing for their own family.

On the other hand, I am an only child, and I have always been comfortable living alone, vacationing alone and being single. I don't like the idea of settling just so that I don't have to be alone, however, when I look ahead and think of what my life will be like when I'm 60, I realize that if I'm still single, I will have very little family left. What will my holidays look like? What will old age look like since I will have no family looking out for me? I think that's probably the scariest part. Being alone when you're young and can take of yourself is easy. But when you're 80 with no kids, no nieces or nephews, no siblings, no parents.... it can be a frightening thought.
  • Versicolour
    I'm mostly okay being single. But I miss kisses and snuggles and other stuff that I can't do by myself